There are people on here who think The Force Awakens is better than Return of the Jedi

>there are people on here who think The Force Awakens is better than Return of the Jedi
jesus christ

Didn't JJ recycle those monsters from Star Trek?

It is better OP. It's the opinion of the majority. You're just unable to accept that your opinion is unpopular.

I didn't like most of ROTJ.
I liked TFA.

Sorry for party rockin.

>argumentum ad populum
Not an argument

>opinion of the majority
even most nu-star wars fans who love TFA will say that the original 3>all just to signal how big of star wars fans they are to other faggots.

let me guess, you voted for hillary.

lmao I forgot those shitty aliens

>only vaguely original scene in the movie
>by far the worst

What did JJ mean by this?

this.

Rogue One shat on the stupid memefest that was The Force Awakens. At least RO was vaguely original. The fact that people give TFA a pass even though its entire plot was a rehash along with a bunch of its characters and the somewhat original characters were lame as shit absolutely baffles me. The acting is also bad.
>B-b-but RLM said TFA was better
100% wrong - I've never seen any of the episodes before Episode Seven so my opinion isn't marred by childish nostalgia manipulated at the hands of Jew Jew Abraham Reboot Lincoln.

Ah I see they're letting retards use computers now. What a day and age we live in!

Man you completely missed the point of Force Awakens

Think about how big it was, $2 billion with black and female leads. That's huge. It shows that people are ready for diversity in their movies. Just because you can't appreciate that doesn't mean it's a "memefest"

Rogue One was very good too, but it's sad they can't get away from white brunette women. Would love to see a minority woman in a Star Wars movie, or at least more than one

people? you mean primarily children.

^ THIS is who thinks TFA was better

fuck off and take your false trips with you

Why were the creature and ship design in TFA so shit?

Nice trips but a black and female lead does not make it a good movie. Had they cast more capable black and female actors as more well-written characters I'd agree with you more. As it stands I do not think casting alone remedies such a subpar blockbuster.

No but Rogue One is.

if this movie cost 200 million why did the cgi this scene look syfy channel tier

thank Christ jj isnt directing again

not even close, people have tried to meme tfa as being better, but the majority still rates all 3 of the of as the best in sw

I don't understand what people refer to as Rey's character arc. She's like an alien. She mentions once that she needs to go back to Jakku but then never mentions it again so I guess her getting over that is her progress? Since she has no training for anything she does in the movie you can only assume she could have done all of it from the very start in Jakku.

Poe and Finn are comedic relief like they're genre savvy which I mean we are but they shouldn't be. Poe sees this old man get executed right in front of him and the village burning down but then asks "So do you talk first or do I?" so from the very start you don't take the main villain Kylo Ren seriously and Poe seems less like a character invested in the world if he doesn't give a shit about what's happening.

Finn has the same problem and his character doesn't at all reflect the indoctrination and training he supposedly went through. TFA is a mess.

Outta touch oldfag here, what movie is this monster image from?

the force awakens. its even worse in motion

Aah ok, thanks for the info.

Was kinda hoping we'd see a revival of late 80s underwater monster movies.

Everything in Jedi involving Luke was perfect, the rest average to shit

Force Awakens was average to great throughout with the pictured scene being the only utter shit in the whole film

On balance you could argue that it was better in my opinion

nothing in tfa ever becomes great, and the only exciting parts are things cribbed from the ot(poe and his squad going into the not-death star straight out of 4 and 6). rey on not-tatooine is interesting, finn would be if his turn and backstory wasnt so lazily handled. the movie flat out goes down the shitter the moment rey and finn escape
the ties and get in han's new ship

its at best only ever everage, and at worst it goes full shit. jj sure knows how to cram stuff in that reminds people of the ot, but he doesnt know why they were special to begin with

TFA was better. it made fucking 2 billion you idiot.

Even Rogue One was better. it had better action and better space battles. I bet it also made more money than RotJ.

OT is shit compared to the new movies. only good movie it had was ESB, but it's kinda meh in modern standards.

>TFA was better. it made fucking 2 billion you idiot
i bet you think transformers is a good franchise.

>ot is shit compared to new movies
then how come of all the newer star wars movies made after the ot, rouge one is the only one with decent looking ships, while the others look like shitty cgi

i bet you liked jurassic world too

>OT is shit compared to the new movies
This is what children actually believe

it's basically the same, but the newer movies have better effects.

>White woman and several minority actors (plus a robot) are main characters
>Claims movie with a white woman, black guy, and mostly other white guys is more diverse

>It made more money so it's a better movie
I know this is bait but I have seen people make this argument in real life and it makes me livid

Starkiller Base was autistic.

For all the talk they did about practical effects in this movie, why does everything look cg like the majority of blockbusters coming out today?

It's a good argument when comparing soulless mass market pieces of shit that have no other value than the amount of money they get someone

>It's the opinion of the majority
And?

Not him, but one white woman amongst a male cast isn't exactly diverse user

Jyn only does stuff because of male characters. She gets "rescued" by men, is given a mission by men and only steals the Death Star plans because her father, another man, tells her to

ROTJ only downside was the fucking ewoks and Stormtroppers dying to sticks and stones

Someone post that stupid fucking creature that Saw uses on Bodhi

I literally don't know who those characters are. Are they from the cartoon?

The original trilogy is boring as fuck. Bang average space opera. I have no idea how people still think it's great.

(you)

How shocking that a movie with military characters are mostly male! Dumbass

>Not having RotJ as your favourite SW movie