Now listen to everything except Drones and the new single

New Born is the shit man, shame it's now rarity-tier for live shows

youtu.be/AJ097VbzJRU

First three albums are god-tier
Black Holes is great-tier
Resistance is ok
Rest is dogshit

if they could only get the mix right

What you on about, besides Drones this is probably their best mixed album.

The 2nd Law might be the worst album ever made.

that's not how you spell Absolution

space dementia, citizen erased and microcuts sound like partially mixed demos by comparison to bliss, plug in baby and newborn. Different treatments. If the whole album had as consistent a mix/master as plug in baby/bliss it would be a 10 instead of a 7.5/8

The 2nd Law is the bravest album ever made
prove me wrong

Kid A exists.

just WOW

Showbiz absolutely is not god tier

yeah buddy, call me when radiohead will reinvent dubstep with live instruments

The true plebfilter

Drones has songs like Reapers and The Handler which are some of the best in their entire career

>playing electronic music with traditional rock instruments is a measure of something

kys yourself

Can't argue with your second point tbf.

Absolutions mix is all over the place though. Sometimes it's great and other times like on Stockholm syndrome, the guitar just disappears randomly.

The mix on drones is one of the few aspects of the album that's excellent. That and the Handler.

Yes Please is actually a quality B-Side, the riff is fun as fuck to play too.

OoS > Absolution > Black Holes > Resistance > Showbiz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2nd Law = Drones

>2nd Law = Drones
Drones isn't THAT bad.

It has 2 great tracks, 1 decent track that's a bit of a ripoff of an older track, then the rest honestly is just shit. Pyscho could have been an alright track but nope, it had to be dragged out to 5 minutes long.

drones smacks of their post every-second-of-every-song-has-to-be-grandiose-as-fuck coldplay conspiracy garbage trip "oh shit we should start playing some sikk riffs again bro" vibes. Which is fair, because that trip was fucking shit. Half of the riffs on Drones are riffs they'd play at the end of some songs live to get everyone headbangingggg bruhhhh. They used to play headup and the end riff of bullet in the head a fair bit at some of the gigs I saw them at as well.

Absolution was this perfect step up and perfect buildup at that point in time. They were this trite b tier radiohead substitute band who nobody gave a shit about until Bliss and Plug in Baby with this 2000's weirdo with spiky red hair all over the tv.
But Origin Of Symmetry as a whole didn't punch everyone in the face the same way Absolution did. That fucking bass riff on Hysteria for fuck's sake, Dads and surf jocks lost their shit to that shit. Everyone bought a copy of that shit. And the album back to front is dynamic and has really well thought out sequence and passage, and consistent production which was so much more than Showbiz and Origin of Symmetry. Hullabaloo dvd was fucking neat interim purchase though.

I saw the Absolution tour in 2004 and it still stands as one of the best gigs I had and have ever seen. Club show on a tuesday night, Dom's drum sound and Matt's multi-faceted musicianship was absolutely fucking mindblowing by comparison to everything else at the time.
Everything after the fact is just dull by comparison, which is pretty ridiculous considering they try so hard to be the biggest most majestic band ever.

Hyper Chondriac Music is GOAT

I saw them live right when Absolution came out in Europe.

It was fucking incredible.

Muse is just Radiohead for people who like Tool

>I saw the Absolution tour in 2004

Lucky git, if only their setlists could be like that nowadays. I don't mind having some of the poppy staples like Madness and Uprising, but no-one likes Dig Down and Mercy.

Absolution is definitely what really put them on the radar in a big way, but the album has some duds, The Small Print and TOADA are forgettable. Fury is a GOAT B-Side though.

their shit

I like both

Radiohead is just Bowie for people who like Tool

KATHISTERIMENEEEEEEEEEEEEE

we were just testing you to see if you were able to think for yourself

Radiohead is for tools

This. Reapers was the only decent song off Drones.

Every song on drones was a masterpiece

>Radiohead for people who like Tool
That sounds like Porcupine Tree

chop ..gamo to mouni tis manas s...uey

Muse are really good, I don't understand the hate at all