>learnandmaster.com/resources/Spotlight_Blues_Guitar_LessonBook.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1d1uB54fr6v
vocaroo.com/i/s029Oh6eUebR
youtube.com/watch?v=mqBvlbHW0Kc
youtube.com/watch?v=wts2Mw6Nb5s
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To be fair you have to have a really high IQ to understand Holdsworth.

vocaroo.com/i/s1d1uB54fr6v
vocaroo.com/i/s029Oh6eUebR

The Unwritten Theory Of Guitar Harmolodics

youtube.com/watch?v=mqBvlbHW0Kc

Guys how do i motivate myself? Im like Ace Frehley or all the other greats who were insanely gifted but pissed it all away for girls and booze.

I have lots of time to practice but dont suggest cuck shit like 10hour scale practice.

Maybe not a high IQ, but Frank Gambale and John McLaughlin couldn't understand what he was playing. And they've played with every giant from Miles to Chick Corea.

>Im like Ace Frehley or all the other greats who were insanely gifted but pissed it all away for girls and booze.
Gifted? He could barely maintain an average picking technique. You need another role models.

A good way to practice/stay in shape is to learn songs or parts of songs and play along with the recording. Keeps your timing in check too and is much more fun then practicing scales or whatever over and over. But some of that is good too.

I don't know if the could understand. I remember McLaughlin saying "I would steal from you if I knew what you were doing", but that's because Holdsworth came with his own kind of harmony. It was actually not new harmony, but very unknown outside classical circles.

Holdsworth was beyond them desu. He probably confused them with his fucked unorthodox style. He never learnt proper theory, just invented an autistic system based on interval permutations and went from there.

>It was actually not new harmony, but very unknown outside classical circles.
Chick Corea surely was aware of it at the time, just as musicians he played with must have to been an extent. I'll forever be grateful for his contributions to the instrument.

>Chick Corea surely was aware of it at the time
It was developed a little earlier than that, maybe 60 years.

>He never learnt proper theory, just invented an autistic system based on interval permutations and went from there
Please don't do this.

Alright, so, how come no one except Bill Connors wrote anything similar or improvised and saw harmony as they did?

>open tuning
>weird old black guy
>watch video of one of his songs
>its mindboggling good

>how come no one except Bill Connors wrote anything similar in mainstream jazz?
Fix'd.

>pissed it all away for girls and booze.
i... don't see what your problem is

maybe just practice to such a degree that you can make women's panties fly with your sick skillz

youtube.com/watch?v=wts2Mw6Nb5s

Allan never knew theory in the traditional sense, he had a practical sense of theory and invented his own system but "book" theory no.

>still falling for the vagina meme

That old black guy played with Ornette Coleman. Pat Metheny did as well. I can't recommend those albums enough.

>Allan never knew theory in the traditional sense
Again, please don't. This is true for someone like Jimi Hendrix, Brian Eno, Chris Carter (Throbbing Gristle). Allan didn't just dream of some radical improvisational concepts, skipped blues and jazz theory and it just came to him. As he explained, he gave names that made sense to him for some already established terms.

Mainstream jazz? Bill Connors and Allan Holdsworth? What?!

I don't really care what you think, he explains his unique approach in the video.

>I don't really care what you think
Great argument. Good thing I saged.

I'm not here to argue, I know I'm right and just stating the facts.

Weren't they playing in big jazz festivals?

Great. I don't understand why you felt at all defensive.

>I know I'm right and just stating the facts without any backup nor quote, just believe me, because I'm an anonymous poster.

Are you retarded?

Let's stop all the arguing in this fine thread. Jazz sucks so let's move on lol!

What's your favorite brand of strings, guys?

I'm , but not . It's pointless having a conversation about anything with you, because you clearly don't want one.
>I don't really care what you think

sweet sweet honey

>Holdsworth shows polytonal scales, but he doesn't know the name, therefore he doesn't know theory.

That's what I said. Practically, he knows theory from his own interval permutation system, but he doesn't know conventional BOOK theory. Fucking hell you're on the spectrum aren't you? I said this in the same post I linked you to.

You're the one the initiated, I was never interested in your opinion.

>Polytonal scale not traditional harmony.
He couldn't find the proper notation on the most commonly used jazz harmony, but he did something that it is well described in classical harmony books.

cool...

Why are most jazz musicians white nowadays when they were all black before? This is problematic

You are american, right?

French canadian

Oh. In that case, I don't know, but I know a lot of black jazz players.

are they smelly?

It's weird, in my city it's almost like there are two jazz scenes. The majority non-black hipster scene and then the black scene which seems to value traditional jazz a bit more. The divide honestly is problematic, I wish there was more intermingling. You wouldn't think it's still so segregated .

racist libcucks made it so

I wanna go solid state with my next amp head, whats the best choice for playing metal? I was thinking a Randall rx series

fucking checked. holsdworthfag strikes again, posers, numales and that annoying mexican btfo once more.

It turned out that he's a brainlet in the Sammy tier, but with more practice.

>solid state
>for playing metal
You're gonna have a bad time.

how do i stop from fucking touching this thing i just wanna peel it off so bad and my finger's wriggling like a caterpillar ready to burst from its cocoon

>recreates holdsworth note for note by ear
>sammy tier brainlet
Somebody sounds jealous lmmaaaooooo holdsworthfag is best on gg, but i know thats not saying much. He was shredding some fucked classical thing the other day it was insane.

Sammy does everything by ear.
>He was shredding some fucked classical thing the other day it was insane.
wat

Explain
I have a hot ass pickup and a high end cabinet, does that count for anything?

Your pedals are more important.

Tube screamer is the only pedal i really use

brazilnut (i.e. you) can't even recognize an E major chord when it's used in any way other than the standard rehashed rock progressions. You can rag on shred-dude all you wnat for having a shitty online personality but he's definitely the most technically skilled guitarist in here

Does anybody have experience with dual truss rods? Do I just make equal adjustments to each rod? I got this Guild 12 string where the high e bottoms out at the 3rd, 6th, 7th and probably more frets, so I'm trying to fix that.

I had to put up with a plastercast on my left wrist for nine weeks, you get used to it. Guitar will aid your recovery quickly at least, but don’t attempt to play with it on - I damaged the finish on my guitar neck doing that.

I'm not the Samlet, but I know the tier of musicians. Post the classical thing you are saying, you have my attention.

Ya it was some thing he made up with sweeping/hybrid picking just to a metronome. Was fucked. Sammy is shit and if you think the two are even comparable you're fucking deaf. Theres a difference between noodling like a 12 year old around the pentatonic and recreating fucking holdsworth solos note for note or whateber the fuck he was doing yhe other day bra

And what amp are you using now? The distortion of a solid state amp is not going to cut it with only a Tube Screamer.

You mean the string skipping arpeggio that I had to tab for you?

Nigger what are you talking about? It was some bach sounding thing that went into full on 6 strings sweeps at like 220 bpm it was some shitty vocaroo or clyp link shi5 was gnarly af

Post link so I can confirm.

Confirm what?

But superstrat isn't lame
If I'm not mistaken isn't that used in choir? I think I remembered something which is basically 'support the vocal range who sing the main melody with notes who have perfect consonant harmony with the main vocal' then the teacher guy proceed to ask everyone not in the main melody vocal range to sing the perfect fifth of the main melody or something along the lines. I never join choir though, just something I used to remember in the past while fooling around at school

Confirm that is the same file that I tabbed the intro for you.

I have no clue what youre talking about rn

We're talking about metal here, lad. Pedals are shit for getting good metal rhythm tone, you get almost all of it from the amp and use an OD to slightly shape it

Just post the clip and everything will become clear.

What clip you tard? It was some vocaroo throwaway link from like a week ago or more of just shredding some part hed made up. I think youre confuaing me for someone else

Goddamn you are fucking stupid.

>i have lots of practice time but don't want to practice one of the most fundamental guitar aspects for 10 hours

This

Can you two try whatever that was supposed to be, but in English this time?

>confuses me for someone else
>DDUURRR SEND ME A LINK OF A TAB I GAVE U OR SOMETHING
>U STUPID
wtf lol

Imagine that nice lady will give you a coconut oil tug if you practice your scales and arpeggios.

>I have no ear I think sweep picking sound like Bach I idolize a retard without any theory I think everyone who plays through distortion is good, etc.
What a fucking mongoloid.

Being a musician wont get you pussy

t.gigging musician (guitar, lead guitar)

brb practicing for 4 hours

That's why I said "imagine." As in, "pretend."

It'll give them an excuse to give you pussy more readily but only if you're a guy who would've gotten a lot of pussy in the first place. So either way it's of no use to any of us

THEY SAID THERE WERE WOMEN BACKSTAGE!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

All the girls move on to EDM DJs nowadays gramps. Kendrick Lamar and the likes are what's hot

Ahhh you're sill jealous of holdsworthfag. Well nobody knows about this little arpeggio you tried to tab for us, but goddamn was that bach thing he posted the other night intense. It was sweeping at the end yes, but before it was hybrid picking mixed with economy i think. It was very baroque. Clean af. Wish he was here to btfo your boring fag ass.

I'm using a 6505 combo, and a Bugera 6262. Failed to mention i dont have a cabinet to play out of at the moment but my next paycheck is going towards an Orange ppc412

>It was very baroque.
What a surprise, you have no idea what you are talking about.

I've had women approach me after shows, but im too much of an autist and my standards are way too high to get anywhere with them.

Is bach not from the baroque period? man why are you so butthurt? holdsworthfag really triggers you eh?

Baroque is commonly known for "sweeping at the end hybrid picking mixed with economy i think. It was very baroque."
I don't like retards, that's all. And I really don't like retards who think they are not. And my friend, you are one.

I present to you the pinnacle of modern instrumental performance and craftsmanship.

>maple veneer top
>craftsmanship

Uh ya it was very baroque. The things i mentioned dont negate that fact, despite your angry little nitpick. Youre the fucking tard who thought it was some pussy little arpeggio tab you posted lmao. Now THAT is retarded. Get outta here beta, holdsworthfag wipes the floor with your poser ass haha. Peace.

>3/4" inch carved maple top

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat the word baroque, you don't know what it means.
Is there any knowledge that you can share here or you are just here for cocksucking? Sammy can help you with that.

Ima make a meme:

The virgin tab poser

vs

The chad holdsworthfag

LLLMMMMAAAAAOOOOOOOOOO

Alright i gtg yo bed

Same fagging is a meme already.

Awesome dude now go make a tab for me ahahahahaha that lick was baroque af niigggguuuhhhhhhh bach was like ayo das tight bboooiiiiiiiii

Sure, post the link and I'll do it. I know you can't :)

The Virgin Gibsonfag
>muh legacy
>muh headstock

The Chad Agile Player
>prefers modern quality to dated heritage
>doesn't need a name on his headstock to validate his superior performance

Now you are improving. That's better.

>implying I had any hand in that shit meme
Probably a gibsonfag