Just finished watching Lawrence of Arabia

Just finished watching Lawrence of Arabia.

What was his fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_oil_industry_in_Saudi_Arabia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm on night 3 of watching this film, it's okay so far

Wanderlust

his father was murdered by the Harkonnens.

white man's burden

obsessive cleaning disorder

He was secretly a zionist shill who wanted to bring down the Ottoman Empire so the Jews could take Israel

he was a candya$$

Muslims. Muslims, as far as the eye can see.

Is this movie set in the Middle East? If so, why is he white?

Hes a British spy

>night 3
brave new world. chip off half of a prozac next time

>not watching in one sitting
literally kill yourself

Turks

Only to later betray his allies so we now have the abomination of Saudi """"Arabia""""

That Turkish captain gave him PTSD through raping him.

It's over 3 hours. Some of us have lives

was it really rape?
I thought he attempted to rape lawrence, but failed in seducing him, and only made his officers beat him.

Might be a different sensibility for the time.
If that was rape, it was a pretty classy depiction

His bum was shattered by a big roach cock

Some people from the Middle East are pure White.

Like Jesus.

Pretty sure it was more about securing the oil enriched areas of the Gulf and denying the Ottomans the use of said resources to create and power more war machines. Occupation of Constantinople which saw the dissolution of the Ottoman empire and the surrendering of Israel to Britain was just a side effect. Jews had the choice to go to Madagascar and they picked Hebrew out of a Kippah.

Saudi was turned into a protectorate state (proxy staging area) with useful idiot Wahhabist foot soldiers to use against other Muslims because keeping the Muslim world divided is a grand strategy that has been in play since Saladin died to stop them from conquering shit and succeeding like they did under the Fatimid, Ummayad, Abbasid and Ayyubid Caliphates.

Whenever they unite they become a problem, so long as they kill each other it's all gold. Lawrence was smart uniting them to drive the Ottomans out. KSA was signed over to the USA in the 70's so it's a protectorate of the USA now.

ALLAH ACKBAR!

>Pretty sure it was more about securing the oil enriched areas of the Gulf and denying the Ottomans the use of said resources to create and power more war machines.

Are you clinically retarded? Oil wasn't even discovered in Arabia until 3 years after Lawrence's death. The Persian Gulf oil industry didn't get going until well after WW2.

He was extraordinary. What of it?

what's so good about it other than the gigantic production?

And yet here you are.

acting, dialog, photography

well photography goes along with the production. You cant have bad shots with that scenery and wide ratio. now the rest wasnt anything special for me

Read before the discovery. They knew it was there thanks to the Persian's and WWI breaking out causing a massive search operation for more of it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_oil_industry_in_Saudi_Arabia

You can apologize to me later on if you want.

The problems lies with you.

>You cant have bad shots with that scenery and wide ratio.
You can have boring shots, even the characters in the movie shit all over the desert. They managed to show visual diversity in a setting that's generally pretty homogeneous and dull.

What was HIS fucking problem?

I don't think you're stupid, but your post is.

Roachitis

What did the retard mean by this?

His problem was that it took too long for him to get his fucking sticky.

best fucking meme

I'm pretty confident with my knowledge of my hobby, but at least I don't worship anything just because it's worshiped without giving any arguments

Some comments are so stupid they don't warrant the time or attention.

Like yours.

yet you replied. again with no argument

Why bother?

is it worth wasting four hours of my life Sup Forums?

you can say that about anything in life my man

This movie was such garbage. Anytime he would have gotten blasted in the face by a random sand the sand is instead interested in talking at length about stupid shit.

I'm 100% positive this story is mostly fabricated.

>
closet homosexual

>there are people who don't appreciate pure David Lean kino
There's no wonder that Lucas tried his hardest to channel both him and Kurosowa

Too true. I wish I were dead.

meh, why bother

So aside from the photography or however you put it nothing was special? Not even the story itself? Forget the acting or dialogue but you really didn't enjoy the story? I'm not even memeing I'm curious

10/10

You are trying to rewrite history. The general consensus at the time was that there was no oil in Arabia. Lawrence was motivated by an entirely different set of concerns -- he wasn't some renegade petroleum prospector who believed it was there when no one else did. Frank Holmes better fits that description -- after all, it is he whom the Arabs call "the Father of Oil" (Abu Naft).

This desu

no not really.

Well I guess to each their own

>night 3

It was in the hot fucking desert with nothing but wogs.

>What was his fucking problem?
Homosexuality