What is a "REAL AMERICAN"?

My opinion is that you must fit two criteria

>one
Must be of Anglo Saxon or Germanic ancestry

>and two (very important)
Your family MUST have been here BEFORE the war for independence (revolutionary war)

I think real Americans need to start again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RKM1AAzeRCg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To be a real citizen of any country all you need is being born there

Done

>Real American
>Germanic ancestry
Kill yourself.

>Your family MUST have been here BEFORE the war for independence (revolutionary war)

Lmao ok so like a hundred people at best

Sup Forums has gone full retard. The majority of Americans are descended from European immigrants after independence.

top kek

Fortunately you don't get to decide what constitutes a real American.

Anyone who pledges allegiance to the United States and means it can rightfully be considered an American. It's not based on ethnicity.

Also not white, right? I mean whites have no ancestral home. They are literally invaders everywhere and therefor aren't applicable for citizenship

And they are not American
Unless you think Somalis born in Sweden are Swedes

I kind of agree, but there are far to many germanics here now.
Must really suck being a post revolutionary shitgrant. Just because you are doesn't mean plenty are not

user by this logic only native
Americans are American. It's not even a small majority, there are less English Americans than black Americans.

Sure thing non white.

How come our country is so shit now that we are half white?

>user by this logic only native
Americans are American

Dutch and Scottish/Scots Irish are also American

You do realize there were lots of people here before the war right?

Do you think Washington went in his backyard and had a ten man war with the British?

Native americans and their decedents are true americans, any thing that came after is a immigrant.

Do not kid yourselves burgers.

>Your family MUST have been here BEFORE the war for independence (revolutionary war)

Oh fuck off. Why, exactly? My family has been here since the early 1800's and I'm definitely a real American.

WHEN IT COMES CRASHING DOWN AND IT HURTS INSIDE

There were literally only 3 million Americans at the birth of this nation. There is a hundred times as many Americans now and most of them are descended from Irish, German and Italian immigrants during the 18 and 1900's. Stop being an autist.

Except they're actually Asian, faggot.

>Native americans and their decedents are true americans,
That is what we are saying cousin

They beat us here by at least 12,000 years.

I had ancestors in Jamestown

>3million people
>each have 3-6 children each
>???

Also, IM NOT SAYING THERE WASNT A HUGE AMOUNT OF POST WAR IMMIGRATION. WHY DO YOU KEEP BRINGING THIS UP.

My mom's side can be traced back to 1700s Maryland/Pennsylvania. My dad's side came here in the 1910s. You won't find very many Americans anymore with pure Anglo-Saxon roots. Somewhere along they way they got mixed with European immigrant stock. It's best to give up looking for that kind of purity.

>There were literally only 3 million Americans at the birth of this nation
People used to have more that the replacement level of children dipshit

We were conquerors, not immigrants, cuck.

seriously. What is a real american? is one of the thirteen coonies? the ones fromg Germany? from French? The italian one? the WE WUZ?

Really, what the fuck is a real american?

>tfw you actually meet this criteria

I still don't agree with it though. Texan here, and I have mad respect for the Germans that immigrated here during the 1800s.

Who cares

I'm telling both of you that the large majority of Americans today are descended from immigrants in the 18 and 1900's. This is seriously basic knowledge about our country.

This

>Germans that immigrated here during the 1800s.
I don't have a problem with them living here but they are just not American
Thats a fact

I've got some native american in me. Some german, some irish, polish, italian etc. Not much anglo I think. Not really sure.

I am aware of our current situation
That doesnt mean I like it

Point? They still aren't "native", and America never officially "belonged" to them at any point. They were basically barbarians, and were driven out when an actual sovereign nation was established here.

>must be of anglo-saxon or germanic ancestry

There were other European nations who settled America before these tho.

True Americans value the sovereignty of this country above all else. Those globalist NWO fucks are trying to take over the world, and they're winning. Give it another generation or two and the population will be sufficiently conditioned to accept a North American Union. After that, a singular one world totalitarian govt. is but a hop skip and jump away.

Too bad the sheep in this country are still programmed to believe in the two party system. In reality its class warfare, and its always been class warfare. And to clarify, its not even rich vs. poor. Its the select wealthy who own untold trillions in various assets, vs everyone else.

A real American is a pro-individual liberty fanatic.

The soul of America is that idea.

The rest of you assholes are invaders and traitors.

>'m telling both of you that the large majority of Americans today are descended from immigrants in the 18 and 1900's.

NO ONE is arguing against this. Why do you bring it up, it changes nothing.

You sound like the autist. Don't you understand we understand?

1690 English immigrants

Now mixed with German, Italian and a tiny bit of Argentinian

Congratulations, you have weird fringe ideas about what constitutes and American based on asinine qualifications that don't fit the vast majority of Americans and no one cares what you think on the subject.

you got here first, I got here first. Shit let's go to dairy queen.

Only the Dutch in any significant numbers

I'd bet you don't fall in to the latter category.

Sorry, I didn't think you were stupid enough to try and argue that the vast majority of Americans aren't Americans.

You're a pragmatic idiot that doesn't understand history or how civilization works, opinion discarded.

I'm certain that most Americans can find at least one ancestor who lived here before the revolution. Everyone has immigrant blood, sure, but that doesn't mean anything.

Only Americans understand this concept
The less American the country becomes the more freedoms we lose

I'm Polish American (Born in Indiana) with a Mohican Grandmother.

am i American enough?

Bullshit.

Reality is showing that this is not at all true.

Well what did you expect?

They have no real connection to this country. Most of them don't even look similar to the early Americans or founding fathers

>Germanic Immigrants
>here before the Revolution

You are one dumb fucker

So you just found out today that your family goes back to pre revolutionary times and decided to make a bait thread about it. Got it.

Stupid criteria
Anyone who works, pays taxes, has no criminal record, does not leech of the government, is well educated, is quite knowledgeable about American history, can actually name all the presidents and states, would never burn a flag, hates the federal reserve, embraces capitalism, embraces Christianity, despise nepotism, is not politically correct, is heterosexual, is sane, clean and willing to die for the ideals of this country.

The above criteria knocks out all the illegals, all the welfare monkeys, hippie loving, government hating cunts that should not be here.
I don't care what race you are, as long as you embrace all the above criteria and act as a role model for your fellow American.

The problem is they were economic immigrants
Their ancestors just came here seeking shekels and when they dont succeed they just demand the Government gives them free money
Shit tier people to be honest familiy

One side of my family came here in the mid 1800s, the other late 1800s, both sides, all able bodied males joined armed forces and served in WW1, WW2, Vietnam, and I served in Afghanistan & Iraq.
>still not considered true American by cocksucking honorless OP.
Go fuck yourself.

ONLY REAL AMERICAN ANSWER IN THIS THREAD, BROTHER!
youtube.com/watch?v=RKM1AAzeRCg

Lol oh no I value your opinion so much.

I believe a real american would accept and follow the basic principles of Constitution and truly (not just nominally) identify as an American. that might require compromise, but it is still doable.

>A real American is a pro-individual liberty fanatic.
This, and

They know when it's time to work together

The original colonies and the founding fathers new that to beat the British and become a powerful nation they would have to work together.

Most Americans today don't understand this second part.

Instead using the first part soley for greed and not giving a damn about the future of America

>WW1, WW2, Vietnam, and I served in Afghanistan & Iraq.
And I should care because?
All of those wars were fought for foreign interests

Hogan

Right on. This is the truth. It's the most important qualification of being an american.

No; the qualifications for citizenship vary by country.

Have you served? If not, you're not a true american, you're just a leech.

A real American is a nationalistic constitutionist with strong family values.

If you fit that category, I don't care if your name is Chong, or obama.

What is the military defending us against?
All it is doing is keeping our foreign government in power

>I didn't think you were stupid enough

>"oh yes user I thought you were better than that. I expected so much more from an user like you. Surly you are better than that"

See that^? That's passive aggressive. A very disgusting way to argue your point.

How does it feel to be a coward?

This.

Most white people in America are now German or Irish and immigrated here in the 1800s.

>Most Americans today don't understand this second part.

Yes. Thanks to our nanny government, many people today haven't grasped the idea of responsibility that's associated with freedom.

Again name one war this country needed to fight in the last 150 years

People like you give the military a bad name. Why do you think so many people feel poorly about you?

I guarantee this wasn't the attitude of soldiers from older wars

You don't need war to justify serving your country. You probably descend from a long line of honorless cowards.

Naw. He's right. He's saying it in a nasty way, but that's what OP deserves.

It sis because different people have been coming to the country
The original settlers were middle class people that came for political reason
Later immigrants were poor peasants that came for economic reasons

British Americans dating to back then exist in pure form? My dad is German mixed with polish thanks to my grandma and my mom has Native American from both parents and British and French Canadian from her mothers side as well. I sure as fuck think being native gives a lot more weight in being a true American considering that the Europeans took influence from the natives as they discarded some old ways of thinking.

>from the mouths of neets

>You don't need war to justify serving your country.
You do need a country that cares about its people though
>You probably descend from a long line of honorless cowards.
I am SAR

my german ancestors came over & fought in the revolutionary war
badasses
proud to be murican

You say that like I don't like or appreciate the military. I'm just telling you how it looks sometimes.

>Anglo Saxon ancestry

That rules out the good majority of Americans.

I know how it looks from a position of fear. I heard all about it before I joined. "Why would you join to fight a war for oil." , "You're just going to fight for the rich.", etc.

What these people don't have is a sense of duty, instead, they have a sense of entitlement. As if every cause in life warrants a moral justification in order to be positive. As if those of us who serve don't understand that at the end of the day it is a game of kings.

I don't need a country that cares about its people, and I don't need the people to care about me, because I care about out my country and my people; that is all that matters.

>Jews came as poor peasants
>now own everything

>Irish came as peasants
>now more numerous and wealthy than English Americans

Sorry you've been so cucked user
I guess its in your blood (see Bremain)

Anglicans have the highest income in the country
Also it is not even about them staying poor or becoming rich it is about their values
These people value shekels above liberty

The families of most European people living in this country came here in the 20th century.

If you think Anglicans out earn Ashkenazi Jews you are fucking insane.

Guys like you fucking ruin Sup Forums because you won't admit basic fucking truths. You are no different from SJWs.

Yes and these people voting made the country so much better

agreed. Liberty or Death motherfuckers!

>Native
You're extra American, then.

I am a real American. Settled land in South Alabama for France. Before revolution.

Tfw fit both criteria.

What's my prize OP?

Real indigenous americans are the ones who share the same racial ancestry as the Founding Fathers.

West/North Europeans of non-jewish descent.

What the fuck are you talking about?

>loser redneck goes on Sup Forums and alienates 90% of the people despite them being white and christian and proud Americans who agree on many political matters. Wants to build a "coalition" of low energy Jeb Bush types who make up like 7% of America and maybe 10% of pol.

Good luck faggot

Q. What is a REAL American
A. A subjective opinion held by only those with literally nothing in their little lives to be proud of

My family came here in the 1640's from England. Now I'm stuck in Commiefornia.

> netherlands

Who the fuck do you think you are saying what is or isn't a real fucking American? I'm not going on about what is or isn't a real fucking Netherlander. This country is made up of mostly Germanic people, and it's our fucking spirit that has fought for this country and made it great, so fuck you.

Immigrant trash nothing else.

>Must be of Anglo Saxon or Germanic ancestry

I highly doubt that is true for all of your family, but nice bait thread.

>Italian Catholic who's family has been here since 1944

What are you going to do about it OP?

What are you talking about? Are you seriously fucking retarded? Have you never seen a local chapter of the Sons or Daughters of the Revolution? There are probably hundreds in each state county. My wife and I come from different ends of the country and both of us have ancestors that fought in the Revolutionary war.