Why is he not regarded as a Premier League legend yet?

Why is he not regarded as a Premier League legend yet?

Won 2 PLs (literally won MC the first one)

And his goal record is up there with Henry, RVN and Shearer.

Other urls found in this thread:

worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-2016-2017/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He is a legend he's the highest scoring non eu player in the premium eague

He is you fucking idiot, probably top 5 or at least 10in PL history

He is it's just that people will talk about it more when he retires or leaves. He'll be regarded as around the same level are Henry and RVN.

- Because Manchester City doesn't have a delusional fanbase
- Because internationals can't hype him up because he's absolute dogshit in reality (as seen when he plays for Argentina)
- Because he doesn't have an online presence

To be fair those 2 were regarded a lot higher in their careers than he is now but special players were regarded a lot higher pre billionaire owners era

you're painfully stupid

Because he isn't white or black. He's a mestizo and Europeans don't like mestizos.

Henry
RVN
Shearer
Cantona
Bergkamp
Drogba
Suarez
Rooney
Zola
RVP

He doesn't make my top 10 sorry.

playing on a stacked team that was historically always terrible, nobody gives a fuck about city apart from foreign plastics, just take a look at the emptyhads attendance. That being said he will be highly rated after he's gone

No one likes mestizos. A white girl would rather have sex with an ape than a mestizo man. They are in the same category as indians (brown) and the most unfortunate color to be born with.

bc he's neither ANGLO, JEW nor a NIGGER

(((MSM))) love such minorities.

>rating money meme players

>just take a look at emptyhads attendance

kay
worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-2016-2017/1/

>average 54,000

Couple others are debatable but aguero over zola without a question of a doubt

Still has a good 2-3 seasons in him though

> Drogba
> Suarez
good one

>Zola
You are either over romantic or a chelsea fan. He probably isn't top 20, he won what? one cup? if that
>Saurez
Won fucking nothing apart from the 3rd tier cup and was only in england 3 years.
>RVP
Was injured most of the time he was in England and had 2 maybe 3 great season. Certainly not in the Henry RVN Cantona Bergkamp Drogba class.

You missed Giggs and Scholes and aguero would get the other spot in the top 10..Rooney being a question mark

It's because there's barely any Man City fans, anywhere.

GOAT players always need to be hyped by their own fans. But there's no Shiteh fans to even do that lmao.

what about Juan Pablo Angel from Aston Villa? even him had more publicity than El Kun

Coon Aguero is a GOAT

wtf are you talking about

maybe you are too young to remember him, but he was hyped as fuck despite playing in aston villa

I hope this is just a list of attacking players, and even then you're quite retarded.

You're painfully an ameriobese with retarded opinions

Real answer here:

- Too few City fans (should have played for United or Arsenal)

- To few Independiente fans (should have played for Boca or River)

- Not the best in his country (forever overshadow by Messi)

There's nobody to hype him

Also:

- Has never done it in the big stage (CL semifinals / finals / international tournaments)

I'm 31 years old and English with a grandad who supports Villa, he was not hyped at all you are a fucking moron

>Zola
You know he scored no more than 60 goals in about 8 years right?

Soulless, boring team with boring players that lack charisma so no one really cares about them. KDB is probably the best midfielder in the league and he has no hype around him

Someone tell me how anyone rates this fraud

- statpadding and diving in Ered dutch league so who cares
- 3 years in England and won fuck all (inb4 babby trophy)
- plays second fiddle in Barcelona, sole purpose is to play like a wall which even Pedro could do
- hasn't played for Uruguay in 2 years, even missed tournaments, bites people

was the hand of god really that important for his image?

>'m 31 years old and English with a grandad who supports Villa
man what a cohencidence

He was hyped as fuck, he was in every marketing piece back then

He is to me, and I'm a United fan, best player to wear the Blue I've seen

I mean I did want him to come to Arsenal but he is overrated. Then again what Liverpool player isn't over rated when things are going well for them..la

also

- Too few Atleti fans (should have played for Madrid or Barca)

Imagine him playing for Arsenal or United
He would already be a top 5 PL legend

Glad he plays for City though, they don't care about shoving into everyone's face how good he is

Suarez's last two years were easily in the top 3 best ever individual displays in the premier league.

He just didn't win the league.

I'd say only Henry, Ronaldo and maybe RVN had better individual seasons.

Nope not a coincidence my Grandad is a Villa fan and I grew up in the 90's. What is a coincidental is your 'evidence' that Juan Angel was hyped up. Antonio Valencia is a Villa player who was over hyped or maybe even Mark Bosnich but Juan Angel was just an average Premier League player

The real answer is he goes missing for chunks of the season. He has impressive goalscoring stats but they all come in chunks. It's why he's never won or really been in contention for player of the year

RVP's season at United was better than any of Suarez at Liverpool

>Glad he plays for City though, they don't care about shoving into everyone's face how good he is
Because nobody cares about Manchester City.

I think like most people have said, it's the hype from his fans ( or lack thereof ).

Just look at the hype surrounding Kane or even Lukaku at Everton.

Aguero has next to none.

It's just pure goals.

Man City really does feel like a corporate company with customers and not fans.

Mmmm nah and I'm trying to argue against Saurez in the top 10

Man City's original fan base (before the buyout) always seemed really old and traditional. I doubt the majority of them are on social media shit posting, so yea maybe this is why Sergio doesn't come across as super hyped up to millennials.

>boring team
>16 goals scored
>is so prone to the counter that the opposition has a chance of scoring

Kys leaf

Sturridge looked world class in that Liverpool team, they've been a very attacking team since Brenny, Kloppo hasn't changed very much

Their players are boring.

Sure, they score goals but there's something really bland about City in general.

>le do nothing but tap it in man

He's three goals away from becoming Man City's top goalscorer.

this. hell, even his last season at arse was better, never saw a team get carried harder by one man.

Sure but RVP joined a team that was basically the same as the one that had won two years before, it wasn't exactly a miracle he then went on to have a good year. I don't think you can disqualify Saurez on those grounds when RVP's were equally as privileged.

Anyone else find it weird how the reasons for finding City boring aren't applicable to PSG?

Even though, they're just as bad if not worse.

On those grounds you could argue Suarez was as good at Ajax, which he was

I mean Eredivisie isn't the Prem. I'm saying neither of them in the top 10 though, I just don't like your reasoning for RVP ahead of Suarez

>boring

Not having dabbing black players and hordes of obnoxious social media fans doesn't make you boring.

lol by the time RVP joined Fergie magic was pretty much dead.

That's why he retired.

He saved them that season.

So he's consistently non consistent but he's consistent at scoring goals with which he does non consistently.

makes sense to me nigel.

Manchester City's PL wins are more remembered because of the other team choking than them actually winning it.

He can go 7 games without scoring senpai

Aguero could get any girl fairly easily even if he was middle class

He is a bit of a bottom feeder, even Internationally

About on the same level as Higuain

>Because Manchester City doesn't have a delusional fanbase
Holy shit, you've never been on Blue Moon Forums then.

CHI

His bestvseason was the first one where he won the title. Literally couldn't miss the target, always produced when it mattered. Now he he just statpads, and goes missing when it is important. I find him a bit frustrating these days and I'm a city fan.

Honestly RVP isn't top 20 I really don't know why we're talking about this, the fact you used the word magic just makes this all embarrassing.

RVP was class technically better than RVN

Just wish Fergie had got him first and he didn't get Wengered

His last season for Arsenal was unironically better than his first for United.

Even so, Suarez' season where he nearly won the title for Liverpool on his own was majestic with indescribable goals.

Of course it would be some brainlet American that has 0 reading comprehension

Top 20 PL players in no order:

>Scholes
>Bergkamp
>Terry
>Aguero
>Henry
>Shearer
>RVN
>Giggs
>Adams
>Keane
>Drogba
>Viera
>Cantona
>Suarez
>R Ferdinand
>Pires
>Lampard
>Schmeichel snr
>Ronaldo
>Cech

Oh haven't you heard pal?

They have a lot of meme players

Pretty solid desu.

I'd probably take Pires or Adams out for Rooney though.

Probably Pires in that case, Adams was key to one of the best defenses in PL history and then won the league a couple of times when Wonga went there. I'm just not sure if Rooney was ever 'key' to United's success

He had 2 or 3 GOAT seasons

He's injured all the time

Was he the best player on the team in any of them though? I can def see the argument for him in or out of the 20 just not convinced either way

He once played Winger away against Barca and closed down they're attacker everytime, the match ended 0-0, was key to our 08 CL win Kek

Was very Mourinho esque from Fergie

Aguero is a tiny South American tap in merchant. There's never been a striker more catered to in PL history. City is also the most plastic, boring club in PL history--even City supporters will forget about him two weeks into his retirement.

Flat track bully

Drogba was better than this memedget

What do those words mean in that arrangement

Drogba will always be a legend because he turned up time after time when it mattered. E.g. CL final 2012

other than his goal vs QPR on final day...

Can anyone name me an iconic goal he's scored in a big game??

All the best strikers have at least a few.

scores most of his goals against shit sides, doesn't show up against big teams/in big games

I'd take more tap ins over fewer bicycle kicks any day..

>other than his goal vs QPR on final day...
>Can anyone name me an iconic goal he's scored in a big game??
no

>Schmeichel and Cech over Van Der Sar
>no Ashley Cole
>Drogba
>Aguero
>Adams over Vidic or Campbell
>no David Silva
>Keane
>Pires
>Cantona

Hello /Reddit/!

Shouldn't that be "downwind track bully" then? He does well when the conditions are favorable but fails to turn up when things are going against him.

Without knowing for sure I'd bet anything he's scored against Arsenal Liverpool United Chelsea and Spurs. Just because he doesn't score highlight reel FIFA goals doesn't mean he doesn't score important goals.

>Van Der Sar
Yea he was right on the brink of my top 20, I'd put him over Cech possibly
>Cole
Actually he was on my list not sure how he got dropped from it, not sure who I put in over him either though.
>Drogba
Don't be silly
>Vidic
mmmm don't think hes top 20
>Campbell
Adams was certainly better than him
>David Silva
huh?!
>Keane
I mean he won a lot, technically not a great footballer but his leadership was the best of all time
>Pires
Already admitted he was on the edge of the 20
>Cantona
Come on you can't deny he wasn't fucking elite
>reddit
I don't even know what you mean by that you moron, but you offered no alternatives despite green texting 6 of my players

hes scored in his last 6 games against Liverpool

Cantona is the memeiest meme player that ever memed.

You used the word meme 3 times in a single sentence and none of those 3 times was it used correctly.

This has been a pretty good thread with actually sporting discussion, try and contribute using actual English words and some intelligence.

The real reason is because Man City have no fans, so even when he scores and puts in great performances, it's not doing anyone much good. No one's there to sing his praises, he just gets along

he is a meme and anyone that rates him as one of the top 20 players in the premier league is either nostalgic about the 90s or not old enough to watch football in the 90s

>Yea he was right on the brink of my top 20, I'd put him over Cech possibly

cech is an error-prone mess and has been for 6 years. VDS was GOAT up until his 40s, has more PL titles and held the clean sheet record until recently. not even close

>Drogba
has a worse scoring record than Rooney, who you didn't put in. he only scored over 12 goals a season in 2 of his 9 seasons. absolutely does not belong on the list

>Vidic mmmm don't think hes top 20
well then how can you put Ferdinand in? he didn't win shit before Vidic left and he didn't win shit after Vidic win. you either put both or neither in

>Campbell
>Adams was certainly better than him
no he wasn't. he was an alcoholic mess who thrived in the era of gin soaked unprofessional wasters. he would get torn to shreds in the modern era

>David Silva
don't be clueless. he was Cities best player in the 11-12 season, won their player of the year award and is amongst the altime assist leaders. better than a complete meme youtube highlight artist like cantona

>keane
awful reason to put him in.

gerrard and yaya toure should be in also

>Luigi schooling fish and chips

What clean sheet record did VDS ever hold?

here's a much better list

>Scholes
>Bergkamp
>Terry
>Ashley Cole
>Henry
>Shearer
>RVN
>Giggs
>Campbell
>Vidic
>David Silva
>Viera
>Gerrard
>Rooney
>R Ferdinand
>Yaya Toure
>Lampard
>Schmeichel snr
>Ronaldo
>Van Der Sar

>much better list
>first two names are scholes and bergkamp

fucking hell Sup Forums get a clue

longest time without conceding.

Because he is shite on UCL

what are you talking about you fucking moron?