Itt bands that unJUSTed themselves

>itt bands that unJUSTed themselves
their self titled album MGMT sucked ass but LDA is almost as good as their early stuff if not better.

I for one dont mind the ariel pink influence

Lol first album is the only good one they ever made mr le contrarian man. Nice bait though LMAOL

C > LDA > OS > s/t

Prove me wrong.

shut the UP FUCK bitch lasagna

Go fuck yourself

Right

Wrong

You can really tell a persons age by these opinions

self-titled is the ultimate pleb filter

t. 18 year old

No its children who dont realize the first album was the best. And each album get worse and worse.

t. barely 18 year old

this, only the back half is kinda weak really. that being said:
C > LDA > OS > MGMT

1. Oracular Spectacular - Their best work commercially and I think overall. If You want to know what MGMT is about you look to this album. The whole thing is about teenagers doing drugs and surfing on a post apocalyptic desert island. Sure the album has the 3 huge hits but the rest of the songs hold up and are fuckin amazing. Just look at Weekend Wars or Future Reflections (Of Moons Birds and Monsters is another great). OS is their best album.
2. Congratulations is their second best. As an album it is amazing and the band really went into it with focus. Siberian Breaks and Flash Delirium are two of the best songs on the album but there is a lot to be gained in listening to the whole thing through a few times. Congrats is the most popular MGMT album on mu and its great one of my favorites.
3. Little Dark Age is #3 because it doesn't have a bunch of filler sounding tracks. The album is good but it isn't Congratulations.
4. Self Titled. MGMT do what they want as a band and don't care about selling as many records as possible. This is really clea on their self titled album. Plenty of Girls in the Sea is underrated.

LDA is good but Congratulations is WAY better. In my opinion, LDA RALLY drops off after the third track, first 3 songs are fantastic but after that everything sounds really samey and forgettable whereas Congratulations is really fucking strong throughout the entire thing.

ME AND YOUR MUM AHAHAHAHAHAHA

OS isn't even a bad album overall. You can skip the 3 hits and it's still a good psych pop record. People hate on it because of the 3 hits and the fact that the band came out and said they created it as a joke/parody so it's trendy to act like it's their worse album.

Congrats and OS are tied for me and S/T is pretty fun and expansive. LDA is starting to grate on me a little bit and I'm unsure why that is. It's too short even with the 2 filler tracks.

Because
>She Works Out Too Much
>Little Dark Age
>When You Die
are the only really good songs and they are the first 3 in the album. Everything after that sounds like filler.

Hot take coming through

S/T>OS>C>LDA

Although LDA does contain their best song, When You Die

It really feels like a collection of singles.

I kept thinking maybe if the track list was shifted around a bit it'd make a bit more sense.

I own it, I'm glad I bought it, I'll probably enjoy it more in the summertime, but I don't see myself going back to it as much as I do with Congratulations. It flows much better as an album. Even Oracular's second half surpasses LDA's in quality of songwriting.

>Days That Got Away
>A fucking short 4 minute psych jam on a 10 track album

Yeah, it doesn't feel like nearly as much of a cohesive album experience as Congrats which is ironic because the music is much more similar from song-to-song.

I feel like MGMT's mock of 80s revival is what is going to usher in a new wave of actually GOOD indie music, not just synthy demarclones that say "baby" every other line.

I disagree with you totally, but I respect your opinion.

This will be the album that will sell more than Congratulations but not as much as Oracular. It's a good album, I'm happy for them, and it'd be stupid to expect them to make another Congratulations. I just wish the lyrics were a bit better on LDA.

I wouldn't say they "sold out", though. Portugal The Meme did that and completely soiled their past discography and what little integrity they had.

You heard me right

>not realising that One Thing Left To Try is one of the tightest fucking songs in their whole discography
Come on, user