Liking the first episode. What do you think?

Liking the first episode. What do you think?

bump

It was great. Critics are warning the first three episodes (which were sent to critics) have a slow as molasses pace but I had no problems with the first. I imagine the second and third don't progress the story much.

The setting and tone and Hardy's intensity hooked me. The East India Co. shit is really interesting. Also what a pro Jonathan Pryce is. The way his face changes and he drops the act in that final meeting scene with Hardy is just fucking terrifying. I'm really looking forward to him as the villain.

I can't remember the last time I look to critics for recommendation

But yeah I love the setting. 1800s is just the right time to mix grim and supernatural elements. Taboo reminds me of a grittier Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes, at least in the looks department

Bumping this, I just watched the first episode

I can't wait for more backstory on Hardy's character, looks like his youth could be a whole show by itself and it seems like what he did in the past will be a major plot point. The acting from everyone was top notch and the story is intriguing. If it keeps this quality all the way through 2017 will be off to a good start

I hope we'll get some wincest, I want to imagine myself as oona

it wasn't awful but I didn't care about it

Did anyone notice any references to what the opening scene was about? I've watched twice and haven't caught anything.

Is Tom's early 19th century haircut even remotely period accurate? Seems way too modern to me but I'll admit I know jack shit. He's obviously supposed to stand out from the "civilized" English but he should just have wild shaggy savage hair, not an impeccably precise hipster doo.

Whisper whisper whisper whisper. Why the fuck do I have to turn up my TV to 50 just to hear dialogue on a 60" 4K television? More and more shows. It's fucking absurd.

I get a feeling incest would be TOO predictable, because that's what everyone thinks of when you think of "taboo" and "secrets from the past" and "siblings"

I hope they got an original idea for that part at least

Normalization m8

>guy ritchie
Fucking what?

Since when is a mid fade a hipster hair cut what the fuck are you talking about

>mfw seeing american scum talking about this yesterday and thought it was a new ep

It's too hard to pay attention to the plot when Tom Hardy is so goddamn sexy.

I appreciate that Hardy actually is kind of a legit asshole in how he deals with people, his half brother, the whore house etc. and not just a shallow one dimensional noble anti-hero for fangirls and fedoras to drool over.

He fucked the living shit out of his sister like crazy for years, right?

I've seen in another thread (and it's one of the first things stated on the wikipedia page) that he returns to london with stolen diamonds so I assume that's what he burried

What is it about? Most FX shows are reddit-tier so I'm cautious.

It was alright but he voice went into Bane territory sometimes. It was really weird..

the RDJ Holmes movies

Maybe you should watch the show or fuck off forever and kill yourself because no one cares what you do

How in the hell did they figure that out?

Actually I guess he told his sister that he was really well off after being in Africa and could spare her two shillings you could relate that to diamonds

Not watching it until you tell me what it's about. You being afraid to do so just confirms that it's more reddit trash

I think I saw that thread before it aired so it's either a leak or it was how they pitched it to the public, I don't know

I think that's the point. They really aren't trying to hide it. Seems like his sons mother is his half sister.

Its aboot a crazy ex-soldier who goes to Africa to heal his craziness but instead kills a boat full of slave negros & learns some type of dark magick. Hes now haunted by a dead negros ghost.

I really liked it. One thing I thought weird was the editing and pace felt off a little. I think it could have been better with a slower editing style like true detective s1 for example.

Where's the wiki for this show btw?

>spoonfeed me or you're from Reddit

Plot synopsis: A young faggot (played by abortion survivor ) kills himself after coming to the conclusion that living is "Reddit-tier."

well he definitely knocked her up, that gold was for his incestuous bastard offspring.....unless his dad was fucking her and that's what made Hardy go mad in the first place

Despite the show's title and the letter from his sister I never made the connexion between the kid and her

I think I'm legally retarded

>people only started shaving part of their head in the last 20 years

go away