ITT: Albums people only pretend to like

ITT: Albums people only pretend to like

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merzbow_discography
youtube.com/watch?v=LL998ajnjN4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what the fuck

What if I actually think that it’s pretty good?

this albums cozy tho

t. nu-males

people?..?/.like thinks.. I dont like..?/?...imposslbe

>muh complexity

Literally anything by Merzbow

best answer

Who hurt you?

ITT: Good albums

This thread again, but without TMR as the OP?

Absolute fucking brainlets

everyone in this thread is a fucking idiot including me

Bullshit. I love this album.

please elaborate i personally always thought this album was super easy to get into

t. brainlet

T. I don't like this album but others like this album

>owwie my earz hurt :(

nah, his beat-focused albums are actually pretty good. he also has some pretty solid collabs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merzbow_discography

>being so incredibly wrong

This isn't even hard to get into, why would anyone pretend to like it?

anything Kendrick, Kanye* and that Daft Punk album from a couple of years ago

*except for Yeezus, nobody likes it now, but it's his only good record

i fucking love this album

I like it, but only cuz its amusingly bad

>I pretend to love this album

FTFY

well fuck you
my smile is stuck
i cannot go back to your frownland

A guy literally just looped slowed down samples of ballroom music and every critic within a 500km radius creamed their pants. I can do shit like this album in a day, and I actually have, just to prove the fucking point (that stuff might actually still be in the archives, though I don't think it likely).

As hack as hacks get. It's cheap zero-effort music and claiming credit for such an album is akin to claiming that you wrote the music on a VA compilation of old standards just because you lowered the pitch by a tone and a half.

Can someone confirm that there are people who actually listen to this?

Kanye. Cuz like, have people listened to the words he’s saying? It’s really goofy and not very thought out.

wrong thread

I do, but that album's immensely overrated and not really essential at all. I've no idea why it caught up so much. Probably the cover art.

Pink Floyd - The Wall

because it's the opposite and it's fucking shit

idiots

This though.

ITT: "people" posting albums that are critically acclaimed they simply don't like

unironically sad Sup Forums very sad

moron that album is awesome

this is the best death grips album desu

t. plebs

well
youtube.com/watch?v=LL998ajnjN4
38:55

if youd listen all the way through youd realize this album is great, that being said its not worth it.

but mang, that song is fucking good, it gives me the chills everytime

but i like this

that album is pretty good desu
you should get high and do something mindlessly like plaaying vidya or just drawing while listening to it. its really enjoyable

Agreed

no need to lie here

because its easy to get into it while not being average I-V-iV-VI pop music

Let's face it. Death Grips suck and all of you are cucktano fanbois

bestest answer
if you pretend you like enjoying noise the same way you enjoy any other music im going to punch you

First correct album ITT

H I V E M I N D

Death Grips sucks since normies started to listen to it, idk how it works, its not me trying to be patrician, some people find it through fucking kanye

This album is actually highly entertaining and easy to get into. If you think otherwise you probably haven't listened to that much music.

>defending The Caretaker and attacking La Monte Young in the same post
End your life you fucking prole

have you ever considered killing yourself?

normies don't listen to death grips. do any of you know people in real life?

Lol they were one of the headliners in one of my country's biggest festivals and the place was fucking packed. Do you get off on imagining DG are in some way obscure or something user?

I really don't see how people can like this one. TMR I understand. This I might be too much of a brainlet for

bruh what sort of small insignificant country do you live in that could possibly count death grips as a headliner?

Lazy job trying to derail the discussion. The point still stands. Death Grips are pretty popular except for in some hilbilly-villages.

I don't get this either. It's slightly creepy but in terms of atmosphere and sound design it's been far surpassed by the industrial and dark ambient that has come after. Interesting as a historical document and not much else.

confirmed eurofag

leave this heat and sun city girls OUT OF THIS

you're right, thank god

Throbbing Gristle is literally the only good industrial band

(not true by the way)

>Desert Shore
>Exuma
>Super ae
>This Heat
>Faust
>poseurcore
sounds like you're just a brainlet

Exuma definitely belongs on there though.

t. poseur

agreed

it's a very intelligent album instead

the vast majority of people genuinely like that, even if it's not a masterpiece

THAT is a masterpiece. So go fuck yourself.

I kind of agree people pretend to like it, but it's not a bad album. It's an interesting experiment that the internet turned into a meme, that's all.

Uhm...

Agreed, that's plain garbage.

No one dislikes that album, c'mon.

Death Grips do suck, of course. People who have a thing for Death Grips only want to get fucked in the ass by MC Ride, it's an unconscious desire

>Death Grips do suck, of course. People who have a thing for Death Grips only want to get fucked in the ass by MC Ride, it's an unconscious desire
THIS
i want his thick black throbbing gristle

The last third is pretty weak, the rest is great tho

>THAT is a masterpiece. So go fuck yourself.
You're a pretentious idiot

>(You)

I would marry someone with this taste.

these are all great albums

but nothing you said here is implying the music itself is bad. the thread is about albums people only pretend to like, and I like this album because i think it sounds good, not because "A guy literally just looped slowed down samples of ballroom music"

uhh first off what the fuck is a iV chord supposed to be?
and what pop music goes major tonic, major dominant, i-don't-know-if-this-is-supposed-to-be-major-or-minor subdominant, to major submediant? like what the fuck, man? do you even know theory?

god i hate this pretentious tranny cunt

dumb pleb

they aren't really a tranny, tho

i agree with previous poster about the legitimacy of claiming ownership of such music.

i appreciate what they have done creatively but I would never do it because I could never take credit for that

it's perfectly possible to come to these arrangements through study and use of ones own hands (and come up with more original variations), but it's not the artists music, don't take credit for whats not yours