Why does Sup Forums hate this band?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gHsW5WR_2FY
youtube.com/watch?v=pdHrGLkFG6U
youtube.com/watch?v=0XcN12uVHeQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Try listening to their music and you'll figure it out soon enough

Its the best

They're popular and they only know their 5 most popular songs.

They haven't heard Mother's Milk

Because mu is a beta chamber of beta males who can't stand wierd hoerotic hippy dudes who dance around, rap nonsense and fuck maad bitches

They're a 6/10 band that has had a consistent discography for nearly 30 years with massive popularity with normies.
So yeah, contrarianism/musical purism mostly.

Because they're not good.
Also, heroin.

I kinda like One Hot Minute. Come at me

They actually have some decent stuff, including OHM.
Unfortunately a lot of their music feels very formulaic, like they're at a point where they can just reproduce their style with a mild twist. OHM is the only album since BSSM that feels like it breaks the mold somewhat.

Posting the best album anyone from RHCP ever made

You have a good opinion

>that has had a consistent discography
The albums that don't have Frusciante or Slovak on guitar blow.

>Literally wat

The getaway, though not my favorite is easily the most diverse

this

The Empyrean is a close second

youtube.com/watch?v=gHsW5WR_2FY

Because mu is full of fags

youtube.com/watch?v=pdHrGLkFG6U

You're a fucking idiot. Have you even listened to any RHCP album? Blood Sugar Sex Magik alone is objectively one of the greatest, if not, THE GREATEST, Alternative Rock albums of all time. It marked a pivotal point in their direction, as they divulged in deeper lyricism with poetic and melancholic, yet hedonistic songwriting. Frusciante catapulted their songs with original guitar structure/composition, combining funk and psychedelic with indie rock-esque melodic sensibilities, and with Flea, formed a beautiful synergy that laid the groundwork for their subsequent albums, along with influencing funk metal/alt. metal, rap rock and alt. rock for years to come. And BSSM can be considered an "artistic" record, if you consider an album detailing the idyllic paradise of sexuality, spirituality and the conflicts between hedonistic and stoicism an artistic statement. Granted, they didn't expand on that idea, but it lingers on that territory. OHM deals with the inner turmoil and nihilism that comes with a severe addiction to drugs. Anthony struggles with his isolation from his own mind, as he desperately hopes to find that trapdoor to escape his asylum. The psychedelic atmosphere mixed with heavier undertones convey his hopeless state of meaninglessness; his fragile heart shatters and screams to his demons, wishing he could vanquish them. After Anthony's success with sobriety, he pursues an idyllic character with Californication, as he records his travels and voyages of the world. Each track feels as if he's discovered a new place, with his emotions laid bare on those places (such as the clandestine cynicism in "Californication", to even a new state of tranquility in "Scar Tissue", "Porcelain" and "Road Tripping"). By The Way more or less expands on these ideas in a more personal, individual manner. Anthony contemplates his relationships with people as he tries to discover who he is and his own contribution to the world. BTW is their most humanistic album yet.

this t b h

This.

Douchey frat boys whose music sucked. Soul to Squeeze is a good song and they did some good covers of actual funk bands. But that's about it.

I came to post that song
youtube.com/watch?v=0XcN12uVHeQ

The Getaway wasn't that bad

Soul To Squeeze is one of my favorite basslines ever

Wrong. Read Anyway, RHCP isn't as immature as you think. Quite a few of their albums divulge into a deeper, more introspective theme throughout, and Frusciante's abstract, yet delicate virtuosity mixed with Flea's rhythmic sensibilities create that synergy in which Anthony conveys his messages.

I have two of their albums and can guarantee that they are pretty shit. Insanely overrated at least.