Unpopula/Contrarian opinion thread

Bottomless Pit and Exmilitary are the best DG albums.
First Utterance is a better prog album than anything by Rush or Yes
Replica and Garden of Delete are OPN's best albums.
Geogaddi is the best BOC album

radiohead is bad

The Beastie Boys were terrible rappers.

Geogaddi is best Gaddi. OP is correct.

Westbound-era Ohio Players > Mercury-era Ohio Players

GOVERNMENT PLATES IS THE ONLY DG ALBUM THAT I THINK IS GOOD

JENNY DEATH IS REALLY BAD

nick drake has better lyrical content than bob dylan

Modest Mouse, Bon Iver, Smashing Pumpkins, Pavement, Flaming Lips, Kendrick Lamar, Grimes, Swans, GY!BE, Weezer, American Football, Slowdive, Brand New, The Strokes, Tame Impala, Sufjan Stevens, Sun Kil Moon, The Antlers, Kraftwerk, Daft Punk, Burial, MGMT and James Blake all fucking suck

You know who else is a better lyricist and musician than Bob Dylan?

>Contrarian opinion
So, Sup Forums's hivemind opinion?

DG is bad

The progression of the art music of the West in the last 100 years goes like this:

Jazz --> Hard/Psychedelic/Prog Rock --> Electronic Music (including EDM)

Radiohead has never made a good album and if you like them you're probably a manchild and a hack

i want to know your favourite artist

>Replica and Garden of Delete are OPN's best albums.
almost everyone thinks that

Jazz is far superior to hip-hop.

Just about every "edgy" band has at least one legitimately good album that put them on the map in the first place, made before said band sold out, started pushing out shit, and attracting an insufferable fanbase. The latter two things are what give said bands such a bad name. Which is a shame, because there's some good shit out there by on average, awful bands.

You know Panic! At the Disco's second album is some fucking Baroque Pop/Indie Folk? It almost sounds like The Beatles, or maybe Sufjan Stevens. It's pretty cool, and it's a bummer that nobody will listen to it, because the rest of their discography is bullshit pop-punk. KoRn's debut album is some seriously interesting stuff. The bass and drums are doing all kinds of weird, funky rhythms with each other. It almost sounds like a Primus album. I try not to write off any band, unless I've actually heard most of their discography.

That being said, I'm also not exactly going to subject myself to digging through the trash just incase I find something good. I'm not going to listen to all of Black Veil Bride's discography just incase there's something not awful by them, but if someone told me "no, dude, there's one BVB album that's actually good, I promise!" I'd probably believe him.

Boards of Canada is really boring

literally everyone knows this already

There is gay music, and then there is music made by gay people.

Sup Forums loves music made by gay people - Surfjan Stevens, Brockhampton, Arca, etc...but that's not gay music.

Genres like Eurodance, Hair Metal, Boy Band Pop, Rave, etc - these are Gay Music. And as a gay I find these infinitely better than music made by gay people other genres.

>gay people other genres
gay people IN other genres

Old people were right; Rap isn't music.

Most of them are mediocre at worst

All of these are correct

I think Jacob Collier is a genius, which is only really unpopular on Sup Forums, I think.
out of those I've heard, I only disagree with Swans, but not strongly
I don't think that's at all unpopular, at least on Sup Forums
I love Dylan's music but I have to agree
this too