Reacher's demeanor is stoic, and he does not talk much. He has a propensity for saying "that's for damn sure"...

>Reacher's demeanor is stoic, and he does not talk much. He has a propensity for saying "that's for damn sure". Reacher frequently does not answer when people make statements or ask questions, nodding or shrugging, preferring the other party to fill the silence. A recurring line in the novels is "Reacher said nothing".

>Reacher is a giant, standing at 6' 5" tall (1.96m) with a 50-inch chest, and weighing between 210 and 250 pounds (100–115 kg). He has ice-blue eyes and dirty blond hair. He has very little body fat, and his muscular physique is completely natural (he reveals in Persuader, he has never been an exercise enthusiast.) He is exceptionally strong but is not a good runner.[3] Reacher is strong enough to break a man's neck with one hand (Bad Luck and Trouble) and kill a villain with a single punch to the head (61 Hours) or chest (Worth Dying For). In a fight against a 7 foot, 400 lb steroid-using thug (Persuader), Reacher was able to lift his opponent into the air and drop him on his head.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sounds like Cruise to me. Good job Hollywood.

>weighing between 210 and 250 pounds
fat as fuck 2bh

>for 6'5"

not at all, anything under 200 might as well be skelly

wtf was up with the new Reacher movie, basically like wife and kid bullshit

Who would you rather cast?
Dolph Lundgren is probably the only who would come close to Reacher, but people wouldn't go see it.

tell you what go find a 20 pound pig now pick it up above your head i hate to tell you those books are as unrealistic as the movies next time you fight try and lift someone that is trying to punch you in the face and upload the video

>Sounds like Cruise to me. Good job Hollywood.
I mean, 6'5 250lb is ridiculously huge. That's Gronk-tier, and pretty much the upper limit of human size outside of weird growth hormone deficiencies and skeletor NBA players. No way you get an actor that size that's as talented as Cruise. Not to mention the books are dogshit and Reacher's size is basically just trash anime writing (HE'S 6'5 AND 250 LBS AND HE CAN KILL A MAN IN ONE PUNCH AND WHEN HE GETS REALLY MAD HE DOES SHINJUKU FUBUYA STRIKE AND DESTROYS THE PLANET AND HE'S 100000 YEARS OLD AND A DEMON)

they killed hans olo and recast him as a nigger storm trooper all in the same movie. hollywood knows no limits.

Hans Olo?

tallfags can't act

The movies are better than the books anyway, Cruise pulls it off well and is a whole hell of a lot more believeable than the mary sue reacher in the books.

That's pretty tubby. Only football players and boxers get that big

Would have been the perfect role for early 90s STUNNING STEVE AUSTIN.
He was blonde and said stuff like "that's fuh damn sure"

yea anyone with muscle

Im gonna beat you to death and drink your blood out of a boot

Kek. Lebron is 3" taller and weighs around 250. Jordan was 6'6 ~215lbs when he played. Guess they have no muscle according to you

and they weigh over 200

Jordan wasn't on roids though

Who would win in a fight:
Jack Reacher, Jason Bourne, or a generic Ludlum protaganist?

>backpedaling
You said 6'5 250 wasn't fat, which it pretty much is since the only people that get that big are the ones that are intentionally putting on ~35lbs of weight (which is partly fat).

even accounting for BMI scaling for extreme height, it's still well into overweight territory

hurrrr I got beat up in school so now i'm He-Man in my book. what stupid asshole would write a character with this kind of build without him being some kind of super-soldier.

Manlet detected

Lanklet detected.

>haha I'm almost 6'2 so that is literally me!

>he thinks 6'2 is tall

>he greentexts things that nobody said!

>all this Gary Stu shit

Made me drop the books 2bh

Not that they were any good to begin with

>Reacher's demeanor is stoic

Stoic does not mean silent. Fucking twits. Reacher is FULL of emotion and rash behavior. Nothing stoic about him. At all.

>I mean, 6'5 250lb is ridiculously huge.

This is Allistair Overeem. He is 6'5". He fights at 250 lbs - meaning at weigh-ins (i.e - when this pic was taken) he was exactly 248.5 lbs.

Tell me again how this is impossibly huge and clearly makes Reacher a fatty.

>Reacher is a giant, standing at 6' 5" tall (1.96m) with a 50-inch chest, and weighing between 210 and 250 pounds (100–115 kg). He has ice-blue eyes and dirty blond hair. He has very little body fat, and his muscular physique is completely natural (he reveals in Persuader, he has never been an exercise enthusiast.) He is exceptionally strong but is not a good runner.[3] Reacher is strong enough to break a man's neck with one hand (Bad Luck and Trouble) and kill a villain with a single punch to the head (61 Hours) or chest (Worth Dying For). In a fight against a 7 foot, 400 lb steroid-using thug (Persuader), Reacher was able to lift his opponent into the air and drop him on his head.
>all that Gary Stu shit

Jesus, I thought the Reacher books were just Ludlum-tier

And that's not even Roid-Reem. Here's a nice comparison of then and now.

Because Overeem lifts. If you didn't lift and were 250 you'd be fat. Naturally strong my ass

Yes, clearly Reacher is ridiculous in terms of how he got there. My point is that people are wrong in saying
Reacher is a pathetic male-power fantasy in the books and the movies. Overeem is truth...and lots of steroids.

And he beats up little girls.

Who wrote that description? Mr. Garrison?

What's fun is seeing how much of a difference even half a foot makes. This is Stephan Struve - tallest MMA fighter at an even 7'. He ALSO weighs in at 250 lbs. The lanky bean pole that he is. Reem for comparison.

>Reacher is strong enough to break a man's neck with one hand

>Tell me again how this is impossibly huge
Maybe you should read the explicit meaning of sentences instead of inventing random bullshit to argue against. He never said it was impossible to be that big, just that it was ridiculous.

how the fuck is wrong at all? reacher is fucking ridiculously big, that's the point. there aren't that many actors this generation as talented as cruise, let alone above 6', let alone 6'5 with that type of build. casting him to look like book reacher would have been fucking retarded and no director on earth worth his salt would have even considered it.

It isn't ridiculous.

Stipe Miocic: 6'4" 246 lbs
Werdum: 6'4" 239.5 lbs
Velasquez: 6'1" 242.5 lbs
Dos Santos: 6'4" 242.5 lbs
Barnett: 6'3" 256 lbs.

I could keep going. This is a STANDARD size for heavyweight fighters. Nothing ridiculous about it.

The only thing "ridiculous" is that the author can't write for shit.

I saw the first movie with friends, and I thought that it was objectively a legitimately terrible movie and cringed at most of Cruise's lines, but my friends loved it and it seems like a lot of other people do as well. Am I missing something?

is it standard size for a MP you fucking moron? why are you even talking about heavyweight fighters?

>hurr these athletes that specifically bulk up to compete in their weight class are a similar size! it's perfectly normal! you can hardly walk into a coffee shop without seeing half a dozen 6'5 250lb men with 50inch chests and 8% body fat!

>the REAL reason all these manlets think it's "ridiculous"

so if reacher was 7'5 300lb, i could link a picture of yao ming and argue that it isn't ridiculous at all to have a character of that size. off yourself

Roy Nelson a beast tho

this is the pinnacle of white culture and writing

white "people" were a mistake

The books are extremely shit and pretty much a redneck power fantasy.

Cruise did alright considering the shit source material.

Lewis is actually overweight though. Just because he's an athlete doesn't mean he isn't fat; look at vince wilfork

Have you even read them, retard?

For 6'5"? Nah, you must just be a manlet. I'm 6'5" 230 and I'm not even that big, just moderately juicy.

Have you dip shit?

I have and they are shit, get fucked.

How many times are you going to make the same post?

I don't see an argument there

>a Sup Forumsfag literally defending a redneck power fantasy

Oh wow... Colour me surprised...

That's like saying NBA/NFL players are normal size. Heavyweight boxers and MMA fighters are fucking massive - no one gets that big unless they have to. Reacher doing a stint in the army and working military police and being that fuckhuge is just silly. Not to mention the whole point was about why they would cast Cruise despite his stature, and the reason is because Reacher is too big to accurately portray. They're not casting heavyweight boxers for the film you dipshit.

Still looking for that argument

He needs an argument that the books are shit? It's not like you've presented one defending your opinion either.

how many of those guys have a "completely natural muscular physique", do "very little exercise" and have "very little body fat"? none. the description of reacher is straight up stupid and impossible. he's basically a superhero

Reacher source material is autistic as shit, pulling a knife on a horror movie kind of autistic

Well, he pretty mucks walks around the country and does manual labor when he needs money

>walks and does manual labor

No wonder fat NEETS would think his physique is impossible

What does manual labor and walking have to do with big muscles? you need hypertrophy for that

the thing about reacher is, hes written by an author who dont know shit about the military, and literally made this gary sue who can do everything and can do no wrong.

So you have a soldier with big muscles, in reality that wouldnt translate well as soldier's caloric consumption wouldnt be enough to maintain that kind of physique which is why most of them are only 'ripped' instead of highly mascular, second soldiers run in the battlefield, and by run I mean literally run from 1 point to another, Reacher's only weakness is that he sucks at running, third, Reacher is described to be mysterious and often catches the bad guys by surprise, but as the author described reacher, hes basically this dolph lungdren look alike that you will see coming a mile away and also theres this

>6'5
>~110kg
>''Not an exercise enthusiast"
Then he's a fat fuck
It's literally impossible to be that height and that weight without either being fat or shredded

There's no skinnyfat nerd bod that ends up somehow muscular looking at 6'5

Unless he lives such a fantastic life where he beats up betas and fights for his life daily and has to run everywhere and all that shit him being shredded without exercise is impossible, unless he's on roids, which he's not.

Fat NEET in denial

HAHAHAHAHAH XD user SO PRO TROLLER XD!!!!!11!

YOU SURE SHOWED HIM SON XDD whats ur reddit username? can i add you???/ :DDDD

>very little body fat

Nice reading comprehension. Think Dolph Lundgren

My dad loves those books and he literally won't watch the movies because Tom Cruise is too short and scrawny to be Jack Reacher

I think I inherited my autism from him

do you honestly think that Dolph is natty?

Why are roids bad again? We should just create a separate sports organization where steroids arw encouraged

sounds like it was written by a 7 year old.

enjoy your shitty pulp books

Could be

>Made me drop the books
>he actually started reading the Jack Reacher books
lmaoing at your life

Tom Cruise and McQuarrie saved your shit

fuck me

who r u quoting

Dolph Lundgren is not that big. He has the same height as Dwayne Johnson and even in his prime Lundgren was not THAT huge, you can see this on normal Pictures from him, he only looked so big because of the lightning.

Newfag detected. Not that Im defending the autistic defending Jack Reachover in the book but it doesn't need to be a quote to greentext. That's a reddit thing, please go back.

hollywood is full of manlets so who'd play him?

Peter Dinklage, they should just lean into it and make it a running joke

I don't give a fuck, Cruise played a great Reacher. The 2nd one was pretty terrible but it wasn't TC's fault

Why would anyone unironically read such novels? I can understand watching drivel, but reading it? Seriously, why?

It kind of was his fault.
He encouraged the shit out of that annoying blonde girl they had trailing with him the whole movie.