Is he really the Internet's *busiest* music nerd?

Is he really the Internet's *busiest* music nerd?

schoolthony shootano is a joke

No thats BEST TEETH IN TGE GAME

To be honest, he has to be too busy to actually listen to music. He makes daily videos, livestreams, podcasts, blogposts, twitter posts, instagram posts, etc, not to mention his personal life with his personal wife - when does he get the time to actually listen to the music he reviews?

He also had to tame his chimpanzee

People are so deluded they don't realize he hasn't written a video by himself since 2015. He has a full team at Complex working for him giving him the content to present. He might be the internets busiest 'presenter' now

well still he tamed that chimp all by himself

T. tryhard

Is this true?

Imagine how hard he tried to train that chimpanzee of his. I'm just giving the credit he deserves.

whoa really?

(checked)
Giving you the credit you deserve monkey man

nice digits

This isn't true you idiot.

Damn that's pretty busy. I guess he *is* "the internet's *busiest* music nerd.

Definitely records most of it in bulk, and puts it in a schedule. That's the only way I can see it working.

not anymore

since he has such a large dedicated viewership now (and likely, some kind of money behind him) he must pander to his audience and be more careful with his criticism, which is exactly the reason why pitchfork is burning to the ground as we speak

i seriously fcking hate this clown but I gotta admit i'm jelly of how he managed to capitalize on Sup Forums culture and taste. He's basically stefan molyneux

I hate to jump on the bandwagon here, but I honestly think he barely spends any time listening to a lot of his reviews nowadays. Reason being, back when he started I could totally understand his arguments, whether I agreed with him or not. But now so many of the things he says are inaccurate, and more troublingly, so many of the things he says line up perfectly with my first impression of a band after listening to them for a minute or two. It's literally that exact scenario. The way he dismissed The xx was the exact same reason I dismissed them the first time I heard them... reasons I realized were invalid after listening to their whole album. That exact thing keeps happening.

This wouldn't make sense, considering there are new reviews where he goes through the track list and talks about what he likes and doesn't like.

He's probably phoned in a few reviews, but there's no he can only listen to a tiny fraction of an album and make like a 10-20 minute video just based off conjecture.

He's that exhaustive with some of it, but not most of it. I'm sure you're right that he's thorough with some stuff, but I think he phones in a good amount.

I prefer music critics that review music within a specific genre. Critics that seem like they have a clue what they are talking about. Rather someone who just regurgitates what he thinks you want to hear.

he has a guy editing his videos, thats it

that is just blatantly false

Nuthany Maletano is literally the average Sup Forumstant. Knows a lot about general, really popular music but lacks any degree of specialization, not any connections to the true underground scene. Also he uses his taste as a substitute for a personality.

he did say Summing the Wretch was the worst song on Painting With. Anyone who has listened to it twice know that it's the best

you don't deserve those digits

based

he does wear the complex paycheck buttplug but surely he speaks for himself even when it comes to being biased against xxxtentacion (which complex notoriously is)

>Band becomes popular
>Fantano reviews their popular new album while pretending to have heard all their previous releases and giving a Wikipedia summary of their career

Yeah. Fantano does for effectively taming a wild chimp.

>Also he uses his taste as a substitute for a personality.
You're right. Him always bragging about liking real hardcore punk music and being a punk guy