Halfway through January 2017

>Halfway through January 2017
>tons of screeners out there
>not a single one leaked except for Fences

It's time for us to pay for theater tickets.

The age of DVD Screeners is officially over.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K_kGtQmvrVI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i sure am upset that i can't watch some poor quality 480x360 copy of a movie

This

It's not that tiny.

THAT

DVDSCR WAS ALWAYS SHIT

NO SELF RESPECTING PERSON RUINED MOVIES FOR THEMSELVES BY WATCHING SCREENERS

Screeners are better than paying

pirating in HD is also better than paying

and screeners

I know, I'm salty about it too OP.

>Fences
>Baseball

is it good though

>It's time for us to pay for theater tickets.
More like time to wait for the bluray rip

But you want to see the movie ASAP

ARRIVAL LOOKED AWESOME ON A GIANT THEATER SCREEN

YOU PAY FOR THE BIG SCREEN EXPERIENCE AND SEEING IT RIGHT AWAY

Manchester by the sea was boring desu
wow he's sad idgaf

Not really

>Manchester by the sea was boring desu

pleb detected

This and also except for Arrival there was nothing I would want to see. Screeners for Oscars are mostly shit.

>It's time for us to pay for theater tickets.
>This is what studios actually think.
When will they learn that piracy isn't a lost sale? I was never going to pay for that shit. I'll wait for the Blu Ray rips, and if that never happens, I'll never watch it. It wouldn't be a huge lost.

>plain story about sad chad dad learning to accept that he can't be a father again
It wasn't anything special.

I beg to differ. It's completely justifiable to me; it's only like 35 minutes of work for 2 hours of entertainment - not bad

In fact, watching shit quality movies would be a waste of my time, I deserve better

>it's only like 35 minutes of work for 2 hours of entertainment - not bad

Not very efficient

>working 35 minutes to make $10
Wew, I knew you all were losers but seriously get a better job.

nice meem

>wanting to watch this oscarbait drivel.
like most of them, theyre forgetful tripe. If a film comes out after mid November, its the same oscar crap

Why don't they send screeners out in Blu Ray now. Not like anyone doesn't have the capability to play them.

quality is too tempting to rip

some are ok

no

The screeners this year are apparently fucking awful quality.

I mean even worse than usual.

Watch Captain Fantastic, it's out in blu-ray and nominated for stuff

It's quite good if you can get over the hippy liberal message

>And the best cinematography goes to...

If current trends continue, Rogue One, since they'll just award it to whatever had the best CGI.

I mean, photography, animation, it's all the same - Just garbage distracting people from political rants by celebrities and cute dresses.

i disagree. the trick is watching it on a comfy night at home. i watched revenant and hateful eight screeners on the same night. 5 and a half hour of comfy snow western. was one of the best nights i've ever had desu.

some do, the majority are still DVD tho

>If current trends continue, Rogue One, since they'll just award it to whatever had the best CGI.

Current trends like Birdman and The Revenant?

Most screeners are actually given out in Itunes with HDrip.

this

>pay for media gais

KEKOLD SHIL KIKE

Then you drift back down to reality and realize you'll never amount to anything and continue to leach off your parents until they die, and you have no plan for after that happens because you have no skills or social experiences whatsoever.

I work and have my own apartment and I still watch screeners.

how is that a meme? $37k is a pathetic salary.

you're right desu

Not unless the average age here is 30. Most people here are underage-24.

I assume most critics watch the movies in theaters, not on screeners for the first time. Having on screener just helps them rewatch certain parts of it to take notes on it.

>I assume most critics watch the movies in theaters
Haha, good one

I'd rather have poor quality screeners over having to pay money to see a film.

Fences was good quality.

>I'd rather have poor quality screeners over having to pay money to see a film.

this

They literally admired that they don't watch some of the movies at all, user. They just vote for whatever is popular in the media.

which screeners are leaked so far?

I think they'll leak after the oscar nominations or the oscars ceremony to avoid a storm like last year

Hidden Figures and Patriots Day were just leaked

The way they've handled screeners this year is awful.

Apart from Arrival which I saw in the theatre, not a single one of those interests me in the slightest.

Fucking poorfags.

Hidden Niggers is out

The only one I want to see is Jackie. Don't care about the rest.

>The only one I want to see is Jackie.

gayyyyyy

>wanting to see kino with a qt lead actress
>gayyyyyy

Jackie O is a queer icon.

Fences screener looks like shit anyways

It was fine imo. It wasn't too bad.

Or, get this, wait a month or two and watch it in 1080p for free instead.
>The age of DVD Screeners is officially over.
No it isn't. It's just that no one gives a shit about pirating those tryhard oscar bait shitfests. Literally the fedora of the movie industry.
If you actually gave a shit about quality filmmaking and story telling you wouldn't be looking to hollywood for your fix.

There's nothing hollywood about Manchester by the Sea and Fences though

>Fences
>A working-class African-American father tries to raise his family in the 1950s, while coming to terms with the events of his life.
>Written by August Wilson
>"August Wilson once dropped out of school, disillusioned after having been unjustly accused of plagiarism by a racist instructor who could not fathom the artistic and intellectual genius of a then young Black male writer. "
The might as well have named the movie "Please give me oscars for this ebin social commentary".
>Manchester by the Sea
>Written and directed by the guy who made analyze that and rocky and bullwinkle

tfw in poland ticket price is higher than hourly wage for many young people

and you wonder why we slavshits keep pirating movies

Let them stay hidden

That's true for almost everyone though, you excuse making sack of shit.

a writer's career doesn't make any of those movies 'hollywood', you're arguing with me about movies you have not seen

>SJW pandering
>Blatant oscarbait storylines
>MADE IN HOLLYWOOD BY HOLLYWOOD PEOPLE AND STUDIOS
>"Not hollywood"
Alright.

Fences isn't really about race. It's more of a working-class film. Now Hidden Niggers or whatever looks like Oscar-bait.

Baseball doesn't have much to do with it. It's pretty good, very dialogue-heavy like watching a play. Some of the prose moved me. Story focuses on a disfuncional family instead of racebaiting, kind of like how Moonlight was about black people but not about racism per se.

Oh, and screener is shittier quality than usual, so I'd say hold off.

I saw the play Fences a long time ago, it was very well done, it's not really about race as much about class and family

youtube.com/watch?v=K_kGtQmvrVI

Fresh prince did it better.
Rip in peace Uncle Fill.

IT STARS NIGGERS SO IT'S SJW PANDERING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This. You could easily change the race of the main characters and most of the dialogue would stay the same.

so what's the ratio like in US?

>not really about race
>AH SAY BOAH, AH SLAVE AND TOIL UNDER THE CUTTING WHIP OF THE CRACKA TO PUT FOOD ON YA TABLE!
Do they not realize that white people also get shitty jobs out of necessity?

They might as well have named this post "I have no idea what I'm talking about but I'll argue it to the grave to protect my ego"

>Do they not realize that white people also get shitty jobs out of necessity?
You could try watching the film. That, along with other similar things, comes up

Good one.
I stand immensely corrected.
Sarcasm.
See, now this is the kind of response that actually makes me consider watching it.

Nice comeback.
You are immensely.
retarded

Sorry for triggering you, M'homie.

>fences a literally old play and story taught in schools
>racist retards think it's about "dem white folks puttin us down"
Schooling in flyover states is pretty fucking awful if you have to assume and make up plots to stories just to seem smart

There is nothing like that in the film or play. You're bitching about something you haven't even watched. In one part the mom and son say that White people are less racist than the Dad thinks and the son could become a football star.

>"a literally old play"
>talks shit on other people's education

Is that what you tell the girls?

Watch the fucking clip, ma nigz.
>Schooling in flyover states is pretty fucking awful if you have to assume and make up plots to stories just to seem smart
But that is literally the craft of literature.

In the actual film, the father is depicted as the bad guy. He does say some things about racism and the like but you're supposed to feel that he is using it as an excuse to be a bad parent. The mother is the main character and the one you are supposed to root for.

holy shit vader just killed it vs denzel.

Denzel was pretty good. Explain yourself.

Mufasa is da niggest.

No they have them... my gf's stepdad is in the academy... he's got a ton of them I borrow.

However, I think people are a lot more freaked out about putting them on the internet these days.

>2017
>not waiting for the YIFY

yeah they're like a baby step above cam rips

I'd rather wait the extra month or two for the bd

>Patriots Day 2016 DVDSCR x264-NoGRP

>Hidden.Figures.2016.DVDSCR.X264-NoGRP

eh