Will we ever get Silmarillion films?

Will we ever get Silmarillion films?

They could probably make dozens of films out of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

latlmes.com/movies/tolkien-estate-greenlights-silmarillion-media-deal-1
youtube.com/watch?v=GOGt93auZNM
youtube.com/watch?v=cGdp5_12zW0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can't wait for nerd thesaurus: the movie 1-20

it would be shit. chris will never make the licence available anyway

let's hope not. some things are just better left in our imaginations

you know they signed a multimedia deal a few months ago right?
TV show related and movies in the works. I believe licensing was what leaked on it.

>it would be shit.

Would it not be worth the risk, on the off chance they weren't?

>chris will never make the licence available anyway

He's 92, that shouldn't be a problem before too long.

If they do adapt it, it should be a mini-series or anthology.

Do you have a link?

>They could probably make dozens of films out of it.

Let's list them (including movies from the other books)
>stand alone movie about how Sauron tricks the men on Numenor.
>Trilogy about the war against Melkor.
>film about how sauron makes the rings
>Aragorn origin story
>Gandalf and other wizards origin story
>origin of the hobbits
>tom bombadell stand alone
>Money money money money
>Hollywood collapses into financial ruin

Who get's it after him? His eldest son would probably sell it out to HBO in a heartbeat

You do know he has two sons, right? Hopefully his will includes that they are never to let jews adapt his father's work ever again and the two sons will carry on with what this based man had taught them.

don't forget the gollum trilogy and the witch king: origins

>They could probably make dozens of films out of it.
Yeah but not decent ones if the studio behind LotR and Hobbit has its jewish fingers in it.

>>stand alone movie about how Sauron tricks the men on Numenor.

I feel like you could make a House of Cards style tv series out of that. It would be great to see Sauron in Machiavellian mode.

He literally disowned one of his sons because he liked the LOTR movies

Not sure how inheritance works in the UK but in my country the two sons would both have ownership of it, meaning he'd need his brother's approval or would need to buy his part to own the whole thing.

God, how bitter can a man get?

>the two sons would both have ownership of it
the rights would be held jointly by his two sons and daughter but he probably has it specified in his will.

That was before Fellowship came out. They had a fight over Chris wanting to distance the Tolkien family from the films. Supposedly they've made up anyway.

So Tolkien doesnt like the movies, why?

He thinks they don't do the source material justice.

I like the movies but they are not at all faithful to the books.
Literally every character has a different personality, there are characters cut like Erkenbrand and Glorfindel, with shitty OC taking their place (elves at Helm's deep, Arwen), interactions between characters are changed (Eomer's character gets fucked over in the movies), lots of cringey dialogue, questionable story choices that weren't in the books (the result of the Entmoot comes to mind). There's tons of stuff I'm missing as well, this is off the top of my head.
To reiterate, I actually really like the movies, but they do not at all convey the experience of the books.

To be fair if anyone can make that call it's Chris. Not only was he in constant interaction with his father as he fleshed out the universe but it's also because of his editing of his father's notes that we have the Silmarillion in the first place.

>Tom bombadil stand alone

>they do not convey the experience of the books

Youre only kidding yourself if you genuinely believe this.

Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!

"Tolkien has become a monster, devoured by his own popularity and absorbed into the absurdity of our time," Christopher Tolkien observes sadly. "The chasm between the beauty and seriousness of the work, and what it has become, has overwhelmed me. The commercialization has reduced the aesthetic and philosophical impact of the creation to nothing. There is only one solution for me: to turn my head away."

"They eviscerated the book by making it an action movie for young people aged 15 to 25," Christopher says regretfully. "And it seems that The Hobbit will be the same kind of film."

>"They eviscerated the book by making it an action movie for young people aged 15 to 25,"
Once again, I like the movies but he's right.

Agreed.

It would be better as a TV mini-series. At least the war against Morgoth.

A second season should be the Akallabeth and the war against Sauron, up until Sauron's defeat by Isildur.

I guess he must hate the hobbit movies

Holy shit that looks bad. Why is Legolas even there?

Because that way the normies can see a cameo from Lord of the Rings and congratulate themselves on being geeks.

latlmes.com/movies/tolkien-estate-greenlights-silmarillion-media-deal-1

They'll make all the elves and the gods into niggers so no.

You just know that New Line is drooling over the prospects of a Middle-Earth cinematic universe.

cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Was there a black person in lotr? I don't remember seeing one.

The Elves were black, after Melkor enslaved and corrupted them.

No.

But Peter Hackson in his infinite wisdom decided to rectify that in The Hobbit movies and made sure everyone notices. To further his social agenda, he did the same with an asian as well. Also the OC strong independent female warrior elf who has an interracial romance. I'm sure Chris loved how progressive it was!

You tell me

>Also the OC strong independent female warrior elf who has an interracial romance.

they didn't even kiss and the dwarf dies thus ending any interracial shenanigans

Is he /ourguy/?

You don't need to kiss to have a romance, user.

no just maoris

No the movies that are universally liked here are
The lord of the rings trilogy
the thing
drive
jingle all the way
Everything else people always find ways to shit on them

that's what rape is for

I think a lot of people over 25 liked the trilogy.

>gives us the precious, Chris

Is it worth getting them just for the music that would be made?

Who did he play?

I want to see Sauron in an abusive relationship with Melkor.

the only good characters

I could have sworn it because New Line jewed the fuck out of the Tolkiens

Based Chris won't let them.
Thank god.

As if New Line won't change the law itself to get their hands on that money cow.

He's literally a big guy

he's 92. his son will probably sell to disney first chance he gets

So, they were all the same person.

Who would have guessed?

The rights aren't held by the same people. JRR sold the LotR film rights to a jew for peanuts but the stuff published by Chris stayed in good christian hands.

New line is owned by WB.

Ah, then replace "New Line" with "WB"

I think that what a Netflix or HBO series would fit better to this book.

A rom-com between Melkor and Sauron.

youtube.com/watch?v=GOGt93auZNM

watch

witch king was kino
youtube.com/watch?v=cGdp5_12zW0

Thanks for that. At least that guy had the most memorable line from the trilogy.

God, Maiar are pretty over-rated, aren't they?

I would watch a 3 hour long movie of this guy and the other wraiths just fucking things up.