What is the appeal of trap music? I don't

What is the appeal of trap music? I don't
understand all of a sudden all these xxx random letter/number soundcloud dudes are getting popular. Is it because it's being marketed really fucking hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CvFH_6DNRCY
youtube.com/watch?v=D2EfpQiOQrY
youtube.com/watch?v=F1JGYtqnrGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

weak bitches trying to be hard.
struggles with masculinity.

you know, life.

Yeah.

dumb kids listen to anything if their friends listen to it as well

it goes hard.
something you can blast in ur car when ur doing ignorant hoodrat shit wit ya niggas

what do i listen to on a nice car ride alone

Clair de Lune by Debussy
youtube.com/watch?v=CvFH_6DNRCY

Test

i make my own mixtapes.
my current one starts with Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order and ends with Are you Lonesome Tonight by Elvis.

Trust me, it's a banger.

I don't like trap either. It's low effort bullshit. People like trap because it bangs and people like things that are already popular.

BOOM DAB
BITCH DAB
*DAB*
BITCH DABB

youtube.com/watch?v=D2EfpQiOQrY
DAB

FFS this feels like a parody of modern rap music/videos

DAB *DAB* DAB *DAB* DAB *DAB* BITCH DAB *DAB* IM DABBING IM WAXIN IM DABBIN ON SANTA FE *DAB*

because retards gonna retard around
retardedly

I'm the dab daddy, I'm the dab daddy
I'm the dab daddy, I'm the dab daddy, yo
Hoes calling me the dab daddy
Hoes calling me the dab daddy
youtube.com/watch?v=F1JGYtqnrGQ
lit

trap music is to right now what post rock was to 2008

>album cover is rapper dabbing
>his dreadlocked hair is gelled to look like many sets of arms dabbing
>only lyrics in his raps are “dab”, “bitch”, “hoe”, “fuck” and “nigga”
>seven songs on the album, named D, A, B Part 1, B Part 2, I, N, G
>rapper name is “Lil’ Dab”
>his Soundcloud has literally billions of followers, most of which are bots
>he releases his album days before tactically dying of a coedine overdose, forcing his legendary status

SoundCloud Jesus.

Are you referring to songs like Sex on Fire and Pyschosocial and other garbage?

You mean the shit five or six idiots got famous memeing is getting flipped all over the place by these faggy hipsters and is finally starting to sound interesting?

there was an oversaturation of post rock because the bar was set low, what was popular in the genre was easy for a lot of people to do at an acceptable level without having any particularly interesting ideas, just following the trend and making stuff that sounded exactly like what everyone else was making. as a fan though if you like that style it's like you just can't go wrong it's all good and it's everywhere

>finally boiling down the unnecessary additives of early 2010s trap, leaving the strongest, catchiest parts and making them more extreme, straight-forward, and even dare I say experimental at times