Unpopular Opinions

ITT: Unpopular opinions and hot takes
Songs About Fucking is the worst Big Black album, it is completely creatively bankrupt, Steve Albini disappeared up his own ass and became so enamored with loud guitars that he forgot to make good or interesting music.

All the actually good Big Black material came from earlier like Lungs or Atomizer. The group peaked with the song Passing Complexion. Literally the only reason Songs About Fucking is popular is the fact that its name is Songs About Fucking.

black antlers is the best coil album, the only albums of theirs that come close are MTPITD vol 1 & 2

I agree with this honestly, I think SAF gets way too much attention on account of the memeness of the cover

Emperor EP > In the Nightside Eclipse

Happy Otter > Atomizer > Sad Otter

It is their weakest album.

Pic posted saved rock and roll from mediocrity

The Who only got good after Keith Moon Died

The Rolling Stones only got good after Some Girls.

The Monkees were 1000x better than The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and The Beach Boys combined

Pet Sounds is shit

Smiley Smile is 1000x better than Smile could ever hoped to be

The ukulele is going to single handedly save rock and roll just like pic posted did in 1977.

The Black Album is easily in the top 3 for the Metallica discography and it's an immaculate rock album.

A Moon Shaped Pool is the best Radiohead album and In Rainbows is among their worst, just above Amnesiac and Pablo Honey.

I fucking hate that album so goddamn much. I refuse to listen to that pieces garbage ever again.

New Order is a singles band -- all their acclaimed albums are uneven

New Order is pure dogshit aside from the scant few instrumental songs they have.

also Amnesiac is a fucking terrible album, Melon is completely on the money about it.

Not really an unpopular opinion, user.
Millions of Metallica fans feel the same way.

Personally I think it's the last good album they did, before they turned to shit.

We're reaching levels of based that shouldn't even be possible.

This opinion is kinda unpopular on Sup Forums only I think, but Oliver from Deep Cuts has much worse taste than Melon.

David Bowie is good but overrated. Ziggy Stardust is an 7/10 at best.

Noise rock is mostly just nu-metal for pretentious kids. Same edgy faggotry, slightly more abrasive.

Sam Smith's song for Spectre (James Bond film) is better than Radiohead's song for Spectre

Radiohead's song is just Thom whispering a bunch of random crap that wouldn't have enhanced the film or cued the audience into anything. Sam Smith's song was good, cued the audience in, and made sense.

It's good, but it's more of a hard rock album than the thrash they did before and so has to be judged by different standards.

Fish Fry and Tiny, King of the Jews almost bring Sad Otter Up to Happy Otter's standards. Almost.

Gotta admit, though.
Those are unpopular opinions.

Prince is superior to Michael Jackson.

nice try bucko but the unpopular (and correct) opinion would actually be the opposite

this isn't unpopular
it's also so fucking true, prince is a multi-instrumentalist, a much more talented and diverse vocalist, and none of mj's albums are even comparable to some of prince's best albums (purple rain, ATWIAD, sign o the times, love symbol, etc)

Pic related is the worst Kraftwerk album by far.
It has one (1) good track, the rest is irritating garbage that's totally missing the beautiful subtlety other Kraftwerk albums had.

Their only decent songs from before Songs About Fucking are Steelworker and Kerosene. The rest are unlistenable snorefest.

They lost me after Trans Europe Express.

Man Machine has it's moments, but you can tell what direction they were heading in.

disgusting