Is he a fraud?

Is he a fraud?

He's just one of many pedantic hacks "analyzing" films on YouTube, when Ager made them irrelevant before they even began.

No, but he is a hack. Every Frame a Painting is infinitely better.

incredibly pleb reddit taste and poorly structured arguments that don't have anything to say about anything yet he still comes off as pretentious

he's good at fooling people though, nice production values, must be making a shitload of that youtube money

Kind of.

His videos are too pseudo-intellectual with not much actual substance.
You could make his videos a minute long and still not lose any information, a lot of empty repetitive talk inbetween.

Great editor and vfx though, vibrant visuals keep the casuals coming back.

I dunno, but he's definitely a closeted homosexual that's obsessed with Trump.

He's a fag cuz he takes Deep and Pretentious Pauses

Nope. He is authentic.

every frame a painting is fucking garbage lmao

Why would you say that

This guy makes over a million dollars a year with this shit.

His ted talk is the most pretentious

>the nerdwriter
>NERD
>WRITER

Even the name makes me think

He doesnt deserve a million subs

Most Youtube video "essayists" are bad. Nerdwriter is bad because he has this annoying technique of trying to make everything he discusses seem "profound". That said, he's not the worst of the big ones that people love to talk about. The absolute worst is Kaptain Kristian, he's a guy saved by his editing techniques because he's the least critical one of these guys. He might as well be reading a studio press release for all the actual "content" he puts into his videos. And yet people eat that shit up.

This 2bh

because noting akira kurosawa's use of weather and movement isn't informative to someone who actually watches the films

of course it is

but I'd like to hear your explanation as to why these things aren't important?

You're absolutely right on Kaptain Kristain, his videos are both uninformative and uninteresting. He has the most safe and predictable opinions. At least Nerd Writer can occasionally criticize something, KK is literally just advertising.

it's not informative to someone who watches films because you will notice these things without them being pointed out to you. he picks obvious things which anyone should be able to pick up to base his videos around. i appreciate them as introductory videos to people but if you're watching EFaP as someone who seriously watches cinema then you need to re-evaluate your approach to how you view it.

No way. Only a dozen people on YouTube make over a million. I'm sure he's getting several thousand a year, but I seriously doubt he makes even 6 figures off this

I rememebr thinking his analysis of A Serious Man was fantastic, and then right at the end he throws in his atheist agenda for some reason.

It obviously has both Theistic and Atheistic interpretations you pleb, how could you miss it.