ITT: Movies that got progressively worse with each sequel

ITT: Movies that got progressively worse with each sequel.

They don't necessarily have to be bad or good, just worst than the previous one.

My favourite to watch is the second but I rate 1&2 equally so solid argument, I'll give you that. Even if you add AVP films in it still works.

Lotr trilogy. Prove me wrong i dare you

inb4 Star Wars
inb4 Hobbit
inb4 Rush Hour
inb4 Barbie:Mermaidia

>inb4 Rush Hour
Rush Hour counts though. All great but still not quite as good the last one by a tiny margin.

All Pirates movies where fun as fuck and i can't wait for the new one.

Die Hard

I'm literally right

The Matrix works too.
Actually most trilogies work.

No, 3 is better than 2. 1 > 3 > 2

the last one with ian mcshane was good because there was no Kiera knightly and orlando bloom.

They still get progressively less good than the previous.
Agreed

They're still all equally fun to watch.

Not disagreeing user.

Objectively 2>3>1. Nostalgia is fucking with people who think 1 is better than 2 and 3. The visual aesthetic of PotC is only really established in 2, 1 is pretty bland. And 4 is just nothing.

The barbie movies are utter kino and I'm glad to have found another who has at least seen/potentially appreciates them, have a good day brother

Hobbit movies go
2>1>3

But Pirate 2 is the best one.
It even works great if you end the movie when Jack sacrifices himself

Nah disagree. Films became more of a Johnny Quepp-fest as they went on and it got annoying, not to mention to shitty romance story becoming unbearingly rammed down your throat. First film was a good balance and hit all the right spots. I still liked them all but there were more things wrong with each film as they went on which negates all the better parts imo.

He's right though. Hackson started to rely on CGI and butcher some storyline for the sake of the movies

He also added bits that weren't supposed to happen that were pure kino such as the lighting of the beacons. The plea for help was supposed to be a lone horseman carrying a red arrow to Rohan iirc.

And added some bullshit like the Arwen dream during the fight against the wargs just so she could have more facetime

I jerked off to her in that scene so I'm glad Hackson added that in.

Bourne movies

A good day to die hard is the best entry in the franchise. Jai Courtney stole the performance.

Keira Knightley was only 17 during the first movie.

Wish she put on weight instead of going full anorexia desu senpai

Scream trilogy.

God damn Keira was so fucking hot in Pirates

this

>Alien in Alien: Ultimate killing machine, near invincible, can survive exhaust from a starship engine

> Alien in Aliens: just shoot them lol.

>Crew in Alien: Bunch of pussies with a DIY flamethrower
>Crew in Aliens: Larger bunch of fearless OORAH fuckwits with independently targeting particle beam phalanx, tactical smart missiles, phased plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, sonic electronic ball breakers, nukes, knives, sharp sticks...

Which would you recommend?