WHY THE FUCK are they doing a live-action Dumbo remake?

WHY THE FUCK are they doing a live-action Dumbo remake?

Seems like Disney is trying to remake all the classics as live action. Guaranteed money.

>Guaranteed money.
This is the answer to anything.

Same reason they're remaking the Lion King, even though since they're all animal characters there's no point to it being 'live action' since it'll all be CG anyway.

This. This is your answer.

Rabid Disneyfags and Disney Fangirls will throw money at anything the house of mouse makes -- bonus points if it tells the same story they liked as an animated film.

>No Tron 3

Come on Disney.

I don't think Dumbo is guaranteed money. Something like Beauty and the Beast or Alice in Wonderland have always worked well in live action. The main character being an Elephant is a different story, no one wants to see that in live action.

Dude.... it has the fucking Disney brandname in front of it. People will throw $$$ at it and cry about how it reminds them of their childhood.

yeah, exactly my point
this is going to suck

but how would they fly a fucking elephant around

>inb4shittyCGI

Disney needs to be stopped. Is no one else outraged that today's youth will be growing up thinking of these soulless cash grabs rather than the originals whenever they are mentioned?

This

>Is no one else outraged that today's youth will be growing up thinking of these soulless cash grabs rather than the originals
What makes the originals "soulful"? Is it the same abstract quality that defines "kino"?

They deloused their lice?
Seems like overkill. I didn't even know lice had lice.

Wait what's happening now?

Because money

Because while Disney was always a corporation, their older products still felt sincere and carried some artistic merit.

Modern Disney only cares about selling their product and pandering to the lowest common denominator -- obscuring middling storytelling through humor or pandering to nostalgia.

Besides the money thing they probably want to clean up the Dumbo legacy by getting rid of the good old family racism that the crows represent.

The "originals" are already just rip offs for money. The only difference is that the artists genuinely cared about their work and the market wasn't over saturated with "artists" that could churn out shit for the masses to gobble up in 5 minutes flat for 5 cents an hour so execs were forced to allow them time to actually make a product with some semblance of quality.

But Frozen is the best movie Disney has ever produced. It's beloved by viewers and critics alike. Was that just a fluke?

The crows will probably be played by Pharrell and some of his niggas.

It was mediocre. It wasn't beloved by critics. They thought it was just pretty good.

because you will watch it

>What makes the originals "soulful"? Is it the same abstract quality that defines "kino"?

Originality is always a good starting place.

It's trash compared to classic Disney, kill yourself, virgin.

>It was mediocre.
I still see Frozen cereal and Frozen candy in my grocery stores. It's far more popular than any of the other cartoons Disney has produced.

>It wasn't beloved by critics.
Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

AND it gave us the best yuri ship ever

>Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes
That means nothing. It was an inoffensive movie that was decent. Most critics liked it. It's not a masterpiece. There's plenty of flaws.

It rode on the coat-tails of the countless YouTube vids and BuzzFeed articles spreading said vids and memes about 'Let it Go'.

Also I will give Disney some credit -- they certainly know how to mask a bad film with comedy and music. Clearly works on the retarded voters at the Academy.

Tangled was way better

>Clearly works on the retarded voters at the Academy.
This. Ernest and Celestine was robbed.

Yeah, can't make them white because they were overall good and helpful characters despite the blackface routine.

Sort of looking forward to updated pink elephants on parade.

Makes sense since Frozen was an "original" story while tangled is yet another disney copy-paste.

because theyre doing live action remakes of all their properties

Walt Disney was a ruthless businessman that pushed his artists to work insanely hard and underpaid them for how much money he made off of their raw talent.

Don't pretend Disney used to have a soul, it never did. It was always about the $$$

Alright Lenin.

Dumbo is probably the most kino of the classic Disney animations. anyone got a pink elephants webm?

Don't take my word for it, fucking search for any old Disney interviews or footage about how all his artists work insane overtime with no pay, he would constantly give them unsustainable deadlines for their animated films. For example, they had one year to make Sleeping Beauty and were sorry understaffed for the project.

art is worthless if the artist feels happy, content, safe, and comfortable

GUYS IT'S A TYPO

they're actually remaking Operation dumbo drop.

>omitting two full words
>"typo"
Yeah, alright.