Just a reminder that he literally did nothing wrong

Just a reminder that he literally did nothing wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rDe0dLPhf3E
youtube.com/watch?v=xactcHG_L3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do you mean? He slapped his cheating fiancee, that makes him worse than Hitler.

He talked shit about Picasso. Not cool.

>Women

He reacted accordingly.

>Rose was 17
>Cal was 30
Really gets the old neurons firing.

didnt he save a kid at the end? hes a pretty good guy

Age of consent is 16.

He tried to kill the guy who cucked him. Trying to kill someone is objectively bad, OP.

>both american
>age of consent is 18

Wouldn't have been a big deal at all back then, particularly among rich people in what's basically an arranged marriage.

Not all states are 18. Also I'm pretty sure Rose was English or something.

The true antagonist in the movie.

He hit his fiance and wasn't Muslim!

>Born in Philadelphia in 1895, Rose DeWitt Bukater is 17 during the maiden voyage of the RMS Titanic.
Cal liked jailbait, he should have been euthanized like all cunny chasers.

OP he hit her!!

He was a cuck

Its a love story, he didnt really love Rose.
Also Rose was a dumb entitled bitch who had everything, if she wanted freedom then all she needed was some guts and stand up for what she wanted.

Were age of consent laws even an issue in 1912?

That's pretty much before the Hollywood child trafficking racket they called actresses.

no he used the kid to save his own ass

Jack drew a picture of an underage girl without her parents consent. He's just as guilty.

>all she needed was some guts

>if she wanted freedom then all she needed was some guts and stand up for what she wanted.
but that's exactly what happens in the movie

>Rose was a dumb entitled bitch who had everything
i think this is addressed when old Rose compares the Titanic to a slave ship, she retrospectively realizes that she was being melodramatic as fuck but at the same time felt incredibly dissatisfied with her position in life. and you kind of feel for her since her mom and cal are both assholes

>must be married

What is the point of age of consent? I'm gonna go to jail if I touch a girl under 18 in most of the world anyway.

Even if we ignore he talked shit to his fiance and even hit her, was a coward in face of death, didn't appreciate art, considered rich people to be automatically better than poor people, etc. he's still the bad guy, OP.

>ordered his man to plant the necklace in Jack's pocket so he could be framed and arrested
>he shot at Jack and Rose and tried to kill them

Not if her parents give you their approval to touch her. Mmmmmm.

>Picasso
>art
Fuck off communist jew

Better than being a willing cuck Tbh

He wouldn't be seen as a bad guy if the real bad guy didn't try to take her away from him.

>was a coward in face of death
Hey, that unsinkable ship was sinking spectacularly!

>didn't appreciate art
Just that "art"

>considered rich people to be automatically better than poor people
But we are

>tried to kill a guy multiple times
>stole someone's place on a lifeboat
>left his manservant to die
>didn't follow the orders of letting all white males die on the ship
>killed himself years later

he did plenty of wrong

Don't forget when he took that little girl so that he could get into a lifeboat and lied about being her father.

Compare that to what this guy IRL did. He was the son of one of the richest man in the US and went down like a man.

>On May 1, 1915, Alfred Vanderbilt boarded the RMS Lusitania bound for Liverpool , as a first class passenger. It was a business trip, and he traveled with only his valet, leaving his family at home in New York. On May 7, off the coast of County Cork, Ireland, German U-boat, U-20 torpedoed the ship, triggering a secondary explosion that sank the giant ocean liner within 18 minutes. Vanderbilt and his valet, Ronald Denyer, helped others into lifeboats, and then Vanderbilt gave his lifejacket to save a female passenger. Vanderbilt had promised the young mother of a small baby that he would locate an extra lifevest for her.[4] Failing to do so, he offered her his own life vest, which he proceeded to even tie on to her himself, since she was holding her infant child in her arms at the time. Many consider his actions especially brave and gallant, since he could not swim, he knew there were no other lifevests or lifeboats available, and yet he gave away his only chance to survive to the young mother and child.

go away cal

>tried to kill a guy multiple times
He stole his girl

>stole someone's place on a lifeboat
They should have gotten there faster

>left his manservant to die
Darwinism

>didn't follow the orders of letting all white males die on the ship
Women and children first

>killed himself years later
Wouldn't you if the stock market crashed?

Conclusion:
Cal was a normal human bean

>Cameron has an uncanny ability to make people want to see him fail. This is an unheroic characteristic, but sometimes it serves the storyline. In the mid-nineties, he sold Fox on “Titanic,” a tale of forbidden love between an upper-crust girl and a steerage-class boy, set on board a sinking ship. To many in Hollywood, the project seemed ridiculous—didn’t everybody already know the end?—and more so as it became clear just how big the undertaking was.
>Cameron didn’t care. He designed a seven-hundred-and-seventy-five-foot-long set—a seven-eighths-scale replica of the “Titanic,” which could tilt on hydraulics and be flooded at will. There was no tank big enough to contain it, so Fox, for the first time in its history, built a studio from the ground up, in Rosarito, Mexico. There were thousands of actors; Cameron directed, over a loudspeaker, while sitting on top of a tower crane. A few weeks into the shoot, Bill Mechanic, who had recently become the chairman and C.E.O. of Fox Studios, and who was therefore the first in line to lose his job should “Titanic” fall apart, drove down to Rosarito for what he thought was a friendly visit. There he discovered a production in chaos: no one knew how much money had been spent, and there were stacks of unpaid bills. “We were losing three out of every five shooting days,” Mechanic said. “Why? Because of Jim not compromising. There were problems due to water. They had to wait for the costumes to dry, wait for complex riggings. That’s where it started becoming a battlefield.”

>Mechanic brought on a producer, Marty Katz, to sort it out; Katz says he found that the production was already tens of millions of dollars over budget. Trying to be conciliatory, Katz asked Cameron to consider him a friend. Katz told me, “He says, ‘Friends? Friends? I don’t need friends. You’re not my friend.’ I say, ‘I’m the only friend this production has at the studio. We’re in trouble. They don’t know when the bleeding’s going to stop.’ He looks at me with a twinkle in his eye, and says, ‘Friend of the picture is good. But, by the way, our little conversation here just cost a hundred and fifty thousand dollars.’ ” And he turned around and went back to work.

>Cameron gave up his directing and producing fees—worth roughly ten million dollars—keeping only about a million, his payment for the script. He says that he also offered to relinquish his profit participation in the film, but the studio, believing that it would still lose money on “Titanic,” demanded points on his next film, too. (He claims that he told Mechanic, “You may fuck yourself”; Mechanic remembers a more amenable Cameron. In any case, after “Titanic” ’s success, Fox restored what Cameron had forfeited.)

>The media delighted in “Titanic” ’s troubles. Time ran a story with the title “Glub, Glub Glub . . . Can James Cameron’s extravagant ‘Titanic’ avoid disaster?” While the movie’s early scenes were being filmed, in Halifax, Nova Scotia, someone sprinkled PCP in the chowder; the perpetrator was never caught but was thought to be a disgruntled crew member. Cameron had the presence of mind to stick his finger down his throat, and was one of the few who didn’t spend the night in the emergency room. Reports came from the Rosarito set of gruelling night shoots and dangerous working conditions. (The Screen Actors Guild investigated but did not find any violations.) Crew members slept on their feet, leaning against walls. Before the movie came out, Kate Winslet told the L.A. Times that she’d chipped an elbow bone, and that she’d nearly drowned.

>“There were a lot of stories swirling around ‘Titanic’ that had no foundation whatsoever,” Cameron said recently. “All that stuff where they’re freezing to death at the end was shot in eighty-two-degree water—a bath, basically. The biggest problem we had was that the steam coming off the water was stopping us from shooting. The breath was added in later—sometimes breath is even put in to hide steam in the background that’s coming off the water.” He caught himself. “It’s not steam, it’s water vapor—my father would correct me on that.”

>“Titanic” missed its release date, in July, 1997, and the budget, originally set at a hundred and ten million dollars, swelled to two hundred, the largest in Hollywood history. Cameron was miserable, convinced that he had ruined his career. “There was such a sense of gloom and doom and catastrophe around the whole production,” he said. A very favorable response from a test audience in Minneapolis—in well over three hours, only three people got up to use the bathroom—did not allay the fear. Fox calculated that even if “Titanic” outperformed the most successful three-hour movie in memory—“Dances with Wolves,” which won the Academy Award—the studio would still lose seventy million dollars.

If I was a rich guy why would I want to marry a rich girl?

Makes more sense to marry a girl from a lower class so she will be easier controlled since she lives off your money. As long as you are not abusive asshole or weak willed cucl she'll go out of her way to please you and all will be well.

Cal was an asshole but even if you see everything else as fine he did do something wrong in this regard.

>The movie came out just before Christmas. Kenneth Turan, the film critic for the L.A. Times, gave “Titanic” a scathing review. “Just as the hubris of headstrong shipbuilders who insisted that the Titanic was unsinkable led to an unparalleled maritime disaster, so Cameron’s overweening pride has come unnecessarily close to capsizing this project,” he wrote, calling it “a hackneyed, completely derivative copy of old Hollywood romances.” Turan, who continued to write critically of the film even as it became a box-office phenomenon, was besieged with hate mail. One correspondent, a teen-age girl, sent him a letter to which she’d stapled her multiple “Titanic” ticket stubs. In March, Cameron delivered his own rebuttal, which was published in the arts section of the L.A. Times. It was incisive, and maybe more revealing than he knew. “Poor Kenny. He sees himself as the lone voice crying in the wilderness, righteous but not heeded by the blind and dumb ‘great unwashed’ around him. It must be a great burden to be cursed with such clear vision when your misguided flock bray past you, like lemmings, unmindful.” Even now, Cameron resents the media’s treatment of the film. “We were branded as the biggest idiots in movie history,” he told me. “They were just sharpening their knives so they could really take the film apart. Then they couldn’t. So, fuck them. Fuck ’em all.”

>“Titanic” won eleven Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Director, tying the previous record-holder, “Ben-Hur.” Accepting the directing award, Cameron, in a long tailcoat and a gingery-blond goatee, quoted a line from the movie, uttered by Jack Dawson, the steerage-class boy astounded by his good fortune. “I’m the king of the world!” he crowed to the audience, brandishing his statue overhead. It was Cameron at his most vulnerable, exulting in his character’s improbable arc from truck driver to Oscar winner, and it just made everybody hate him more.

The end. (For Titanic. Avatar is a different story.)

You want a girl from your social class, smart guy. You'll be outcasted from high-society if you marry a redneck woman.

i cant help but admire him

You have absolutely no idea how the class structure worked back in the day, especially for nobility, royalty, and aristocracy. Any of these three groups marrying below their class could potentially mean the end of their dynasty or lineage because now everybody thinks you're a weak cuck.

I don't think he was completely innocent or anything, but I never liked how the movie is like, "oh yeah and he killed himself later" and we're supposed to think it's justice or something.

And you should. :3

youtube.com/watch?v=rDe0dLPhf3E

Females, black males, aethergender, affectugender, agender, axigender, bigenderfluid, brevigender, cadogender, caelgender, cancergender, ceterofluid, cryptogender, digigender, duragender, ectogender, egogender, femfluid, flirtgender, geminigender, genderfuzz, heliogender, m00tgender, offgender, OMNIGAY, proxvir, schrodingender, skygender, technogender, videogender, virgender, gendervoid, xenogender, xirls, xoys, xumgender and zodiacgender people first.

ectogender reporting in

>"Wright Brothers? More like Wrong Brothers. Honestly Rose, manned flight? You and your hysterical female delusions, humans weren't meant to fly any more than they were meant to travel underwater... something they would have to do in order to find the wreckage of this ship were it ever to sink in the middle of the Atlantic. Which of course would never happen because not even God Himself could sink the Titanic, a name that will never be associated with gross hubris and human tragedy of any kind, mark my words. Am I getting through to you yet, darling? Now throw away that damn Picasso. It belongs in the scrap heap next to that horseless carriage you bought from that swindler Ford and that ludicrous article you wrote about an impending World War. Seriously Rose, Germany? Absolutely preposterous. Now these damn Irish panhandlers... those are the ones to keep your eye on. Filthy potato eating rats."

You forgot attack helicopter.

Also children.

He did everything wrong.

Now rose's mom on the other hand did everything right.

>Women and children first

Why the fuck is this a thing? Isn't that very sexist? Sure, children should have first priority, but why are woman considered more valuable in this situation?

>newfags haven't seen the best Stern interview

youtube.com/watch?v=xactcHG_L3Q

women are more valuable than men for reproductive reasons

consider a scenario where we are trying to rapidly repopulate an area

ten men/one woman = one baby in 9 months

one man/ten women = ten babies in 9 months

once a man provides sperm his role in the creation of the baby is over aside from protection. the female body is essential for pregnancy, giving birth and feeding the baby subsequently

men are expendable

Rose and jack killed more than 1500 people.

Never, EVER forget that.

reminder

It has to do with knights, gentlemen and fedoras.

Well, ideally it's "women and children FIRST", not "women and children ONLY"

Yeah that shit was planned, you think the Titanic didn't have sonar? Bitch please!

Wasnt the real life version of him a really decent guy? And he got painted as a cowardly dick just to have a villain?

God a threesome with them would be so fucking hot

new evidence has also emerged that there was a massive fire in the boiler room prior to launch which weakened the ship massively reddit immediately got buttmad anyone would imply such a thing

Its actually not a thing. The Titanic was a very rare case where it happened

Don't you think some of the engineers would have noticed though?

They did, apparently, but decided it wasn't really doing any harm so they let it go on until it burnt out a few days later.

>God himself couldn't sink this ship.
>Something Picasso? He won't amount to a thing.
>Heavier than air flight is just a silly distraction; dirigibles will dominate this century
>The Kaiser, going to war? Absurd, here's no bigger peacemaker in Europe than him.
>Relativity? Stupid Rose, nothing can supplant good old Newtonian mechanics.
>Cinema is just a flash in the pan. You'll never see a motion picture make a billion dollars, mark my words.

Was this guy ever right about anything?

Well...

>"Always a little slut, isn't she?"

What a badass

They must have had some good drugs

Man, the early Vanderbilts were based as fuck. If you can pick up the First Tycoon - Cornelius was much the same
>though he'd have done this so the press would report it and bring recognition to his name

>Cinema is just a flash in the pan. You'll never see a motion picture make a billion dollars

Fucking Cameron, man.. he knew.

>you need a character in an old timey movie to come across as pompous and ignorant
>make them scoff at imminent historical events and achievements

BRAVO NOLAN

Even worse, at the last minute they swapped out some of the hull metal for Iron to "save costs".....knowing that in arctic waters Iron becomes extremely brittle.

>me, go bald? Pah! I'll lose my hair the day you leave me for a filthy Irish peasant

>was a coward in face of death
There's nothing wrong with not wanting to fucking die. I'd pretend to have a kid too if it would save my life.
I won't defend the rest of that shit though.

>Believe me, Rose, this ship has about as much chance of sinking as a man walking on the moon within the next 50 years

>tfw she'll never sail into New York to the sounds of cheering crowds

>a wireless telephone you can carry around? What nonsense, it will never catch on

>1912+50=1962

The ship didn't sink then

>missed every shot

Nice shootin' fag.

>In another old script, he actually finds Rose aboard the Carpathia and expresses remorse for his actions, but she rebuffs him and tells him to leave; he sadly complies, though not before asking Rose what he should tell her mother. The reason for this scene's removal is possibly because the writers didn't want to make Cal look sympathetic.

What said is true.

Also they realized pretty quickly back then that most women and children were going to have a bad time if the father died.

Reminder that large ships are still basically death traps, the difference being modern crews will now abandon the passengers instantly to save themselves.

>not the bad guy
>didn't know kingdom hearts was light

>understands the story of any KH game

Reminder that Ismay was a good boy who dindu nuffin wrong.

Except where it's less than 18... That's the whole point user.

>The fear of cucks is so pervasive that people who are responsible for the cucking are all villains

Betas should literally kill themselves.

if I fucked a 12 year old in any of those countries where 12 is the age of consent I'm sure going to jail

We don't have that kind of chivalry or self-less civility anymore.

Interestingly enough, the Vanderbilt guy was supposed to go on the Titanic but cancelled on the last minute. Too bad he didn't cancel on Lusitania as well.

I know how it works I'm just saying that they were retarded for thinking that way. Obviously manosphere values were not prevalent at the time

this was some fucking eyeroll-tier writing

He did nothing wrong in this one either

>Integrated restrooms? Stop being so delusional Rose, and make me a sandwich.

Based fucking Jim

still saved a kid though

>Cameron gave up his directing and producing fees—worth roughly ten million dollars—keeping only about a million, his payment for the script. He says that he also offered to relinquish his profit participation in the film, but the studio, believing that it would still lose money on “Titanic,” demanded points on his next film, too. (He claims that he told Mechanic, “You may fuck yourself”; Mechanic remembers a more amenable Cameron. In any case, after “Titanic” ’s success, Fox restored what Cameron had forfeited.)
Is he the only alpha left in Hollywood?

Is Cameron the fucking Donald Trump of Hollywood?