youtu.be/gLVYn4BJHx0
youtube.com/watch?v=U_QHJrI7DjU
youtube.com/watch?v=aBt8fN7mJNg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

As a whole decade for music?
No
As a fashion trend?
Fuck yes

In the non pop world there was actually a lot of great albums. I noticed that some older musicians were making somewhat of an 'artistic comeback' in that era.

fpbp

>not liking the White Girl College Uniform of North Face Jackets, yoga pants, and Uggs

yes i hate it

>North Face Jackets, yoga pants, and Uggs
that is late 2000s bordering on 2010s.

the real early is low waisted jeans with those ugly bedazzled shits on the butt with spaghetti straps or an ugly shirt and flip flops

As a whole decade for music?
Absolutely yes
As a fashion trend?
Abslutely yes

i hate that i was a teenager in the worst decade

That's 1999

thanks W.

hi dad

It lasted into the 2010s but it was already established when I was a freshman in college, which was 2006-7. Really started gaining traction in 2004 or so.

I miss low-waisted jeans, though. Can't stand the high-waisted mom jeans going right up to the navel.

fuck, it's like you threw me in a delorean and took me back, user

Yes

The 2000s were a mistake

It was a good decade for pop music too, way better than the shit you see on the Billboard Top 10 now

nostalgia glasses blind you, it was trash back then

Shit

Disgusting.

Pop music in the 2000's seems sort of meh. Fashion is sort of trashy. Like girls wearing pink sweat pants with the word juicy on the ass.
There were a lot of great rock, metal, punk, and rap albums in the 2000's
The early 2000's was the twilight of nu metal and pop punk.
The 2000's was the rise of emo.
By the mid 2000's you got the beginning of indie hipster pitchfork garbage. Vampire weekend, MGMT, animal collective.
The 2000's was early kanye and peak outkast.
2000's was peak radiohead, imagine thom yorke dancing like a spastic on saturday night live while popular music was like fucking britney spears and limp bizket.
The 2000's was garage rock revival. The strokes, the hives, the vines, the white stripes.
The 2000's was arctic monkeys, libertines, klaxons, kasbian, franz ferdinand.
the 2000's was LET THE BODIES HIT DA FLOORLET THE BODIES HIT DA FLOOR
LET THE BODIES HIT DA FLOOR
LET THE BODIES HIT DA FLOOR

it was way worse
youtube.com/watch?v=8WYHDfJDPDc

white imperialist uniform
underground music was amazing though

you are literally unknownledgable about some of the best albums that shaped the global sound
youtu.be/gLVYn4BJHx0

Hey there Delilah whats it like in new york city im a thousand miles away but tonight you look so pretty
yes you do
timesquare cant shine as bright as you
i swear its true

What's bad about this?

It's much more aesthetically pleasing than the skinny jeans and plaid shirts that eens wear today.

*teens

>I miss low-waisted jeans, though. Can't stand the high-waisted mom jeans going right up to the navel.
kill yourself turbo soy

>wanting women to cover themselves more
Sounds like you’re the soy, friend.

1. Today's fashion is pretty good to be honest (then again, I'm 21 so I barely remember the first half of the 2000s)
2. It looks fucking terrible. Trashy as all hell.

>Today's fashion is pretty good to be honest

Yes.

>posts obviously terrible examples
Stop

my penis is inside me

>low waisted jeans with those ugly bedazzled shits on the butt with spaghetti straps or an ugly shirt and flip flops
Fuck, this takes me right back. I always hated it too.

2000's was definitely not the peak of Outkast. The first three releases are undisputedly the best. Released in 94, 96 and 98.

While Stankonia is good, Speakerboxxx/The Love Below and Idlewild are higly mediocre.

true story about this song.
In middle school we had some kind of "share something about yourself with the class" type of project and the girl I had a crush on brought in this video on VHS and did a sexy dance to it in front of the class. It is a memory I would be destined to reimagine very regularly.

>posts Cara
Way to pick a terrible model

2000s was the best time to be an adult, but it probably sucked being in middle or high school

to jerk off to*

Nothing can possibly be worse than the 2010's

this is the best decade you edgy retard

this isn't a worthwhile observation if you think the global sound is shit

No its not underage faggot, come back when you're 18.

Fa

im 43 you miserable cuck i know way more than you

>lowcaps
Evidently not.

>be almost half a century years old
>posting on Mongolian basket weaving website
>thinking the 2010's isnt the absolute nadir of music and american culture

what kind of moron would think living in a time were dubstep and a duded with a 69 on his face isnt legitimately the lowest point of music

youtube.com/watch?v=U_QHJrI7DjU

can't believe i used to dress like this back in those days. yeah yeah i'm an old bitch

>The 2000's was peak outkast
Uhhhh no sweetie

OOOOOHHHHHHH
WHATCHA DOODA MEEEEEE, OOHHHHH
WHATCHA DOODA MEEEEE

>degradation of social cohesion
>isolation and low birth rates rampant in the West
>social, political, and economic instability becoming more and more apparent
>no clear and coherent vision of the future offered by any of our leaders
>irony has been neutered by memes and Urban Outfitters, used only to establish moral superiority rather than as real criticism
>notions of truth have been rendered subjective
and worst of all
>trap music, demarcowave, art hoes dominate music culture
best decade

For both mainstream and non-mainstream music the 2000s is my favorite decade

Every decade has its' share of painful and cringeworthy musical trends, and I'd say the ones of the 2000s (Post-Grunge, Crunkcore, Nu Metal, Crunk/Snap Rap, etc.) were much less painful than those of the 90s (Bubblegum Pop, Boybands/Girl Groups, Eurodance, super-boring Contemporary R&B, 3rd-wave Glam Rock, etc.) and the 2010s (Dubstep, Soundcloud Rap, Progressive House, K-Pop, mainstream Folk-Pop/Rock, etc.)

>tfw you will never again be a teenage shitlord in the early/mid 2000s watching shitty pop punk music videos on MTV, Conan O'Brien and Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn while shitposting in Dragon Ball Z chatrooms on AOL

There's bad shit in every decade. You only think 69 is popular because you come here all the time.

Thank god. I hated that whole decade.

this was actually my life irl.
what I'm trying to say is I DONT WANNA WASTE MY TIME

>used only to establish moral superiority rather than as real criticism
I fucking hate this out of everything else.
Fuck post ironic bullshit. Fuck Tim and Eric for making that shit "cool".

>mariah carey
>remotely bad
huh

That sounds incredibly comfy.

Don't blame it on Tim and Eric. Blame it on Reddit.

No. this is legitimately the worst decade in music.
Popular music has been whittled down to pop and pop rap. There is nothing else. And it isnt even good rap. Its some moron mumbling "iffffy bifffly" or saying the word gucci over and over again.
Electronic music was rebranded as "EDM" and watered down and sold to normal fags and dude bros.
There's no rock, metal, punk, or any guitars. You look at the rock charts and its like some faggot named Portugal the maroon and they play r&b and indie pop.
Hipsters who used to valued the obscure, authentic, and weird have been trapped in the corporate psychosis of poptamism.

This is the way the world ends.

Not with a bang but a whimper.

>he listens to popular music
Pop music sucks in any decade. You just don't want to seek any good music out and want it to be fed to you, like so many defeners through time

good to know you're going to kill yourself in a few years because of poptamismon.

Tfw 90% of this board were in diapers when girls dressed like that

It's cool. All the kids will be dressing like that in like 10 years from now

At least that fad died relatively quickly.

Now it's Canada Goose jackets, yoga pants/tight jeans with bulky socks and hideous LL Bean boots.

Not sure what the basic bitch uniform is in the summertime. It varies.

>basic bitch uniform is in the summertime
european style women shorts and some shirt, either too big or barely there and some vans or adidas, never nikes. Maybe reeboks will make a comeback

Or some fashion nova jeans and high top vans and a thrasher/whatever skate brand is being abused shirt

Peak OutKast was Hey Ya, whether you like it or not.

>>notions of truth have been rendered subjective
This happened a few centuries ago, numbnuts

Your right about electronic music though. There aren't many modern Aphex Twins or Jarres being made, just shitty normalfag 'edm'

The 2000s was Mainstream Pop at its' peak whether you like it or not

Maybe on a good day.

Most girls now just dress up like they're going to yoga class or the gym.

Most people in American cities dress a bit too casually. It's getting better.

that song is a jam though

I quite like it though

see

But its mainstream now

Blame it on Sup Forums and Sup Forums because if not for this godforsaken place the retards over at reddit would have never even considered this shit.

Has been since the late 19th century, you just were too busy staring at your bellybutton to notice

when i was a kid electronic music was either electronica or like some mysterious thing from the 80's and early 90's about illegal warehouse parties. It was very British and European. It was also kind of gay. In america it was very niche and not seen as a mainstream thing.
Then in the 2010's it becomes like this generic ass thing that is made by some Swedish dudes or a rat faced guy named skrillex who absolutely fucking ruins dubstep.

Electronic music has lost any coolness it once had. It just feels so fucking sterile now.

I will admit, I do prefer today's Nu-Trap and Soundcloud Rap to the 2000s Snap-Era Ringtone Rap that dominated the mid-to-late 2000s

nice digits, but in all seriousness "electronica" isn't a fucking genre, so get over yourself.
there's still underground shit out there, no one is forcing mainstream house or brostep on to you.

I'll take Lil Uzi Vert and Migos over Yung Joc and Dem Franchize Boyz any way

no, you dont get it. Electronic music shouldn't be mainstream at all. Its become shit like skrillex or the chainsmokers.

Electronic music is legitimately in its buttrock phase

T-Pain, Akon, and Lil Wayne as features on every song >>> Future, Post Malone, and Quavo as features on every song

listen to more pop then

the 80s only had a few memorable Pop acts (Michael, Prince, Kylie, Madonna) in the mainstream, and 90s Pop was just painfully boring. And the 70s all sounded the same and was even more formulaic than today's mainstream Pop music.

you have no idea what you're talking about

Feet?

how so?

>mysterious thing from the 80's and early 90's
you're glorifying something that never existed. electronic music was not underground in any manner, fucking haddaway, snap! and shit like that was huge.

you can still go to underground raves and listen to your obscure dj's from russia if you want to. still, "electronic music" is not a specific genre but an umbrella term for music made with electronic devices.

Fuck you. Britney Spears was good.

da trips of truth

the 90's was pure kino on all fronts.
the 90's was the rise of boy bands and girl bands
youtube.com/watch?v=aBt8fN7mJNg

that's fine except you're missing the larger point that it has graver consequences for our society today

And they all made the same-sounding shallow cheesy manufactured garbage.

And where are boy bands and girl groups in the US today? One Direction came and went and lasted 4 years, Fifth Harmony is falling apart without Camila, and no one gives a fuck about Why Don't We and PRETTYMUCH outside of their core fanbases.

Justin and Beyonce's music both improved drastically once they left their perspective groups and rose to solo fame in the 2000s.

pop music is a disposable product made to extract the wealth of the stupidest people on the planet.

This is why poptamists are a fucking joke and poptamism the worst thing to ever happen in the history of music