Has there ever been a good prequel? I feel like the entire concept of prequels is doomed to fail from the start...

Has there ever been a good prequel? I feel like the entire concept of prequels is doomed to fail from the start, cause they are so restricted in the pre-existing universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/H_pKNBbMS1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Red Dragon was pretty damn good.

there could have been. in the movie "hard candy" haley says she already did to the dude's partner what she's doing to him. that would have made an awesome prequel

Fantastic Beasts

Metal Gear Solid 3 is the only good prequel ever made in any medium

Prometheus

premonition 5 was entertaining

Would it though? I think not knowing whether he's going to get away is a big part of the appeal, otherwise where's the suspense?

Thats because it works on its own without needing to latch onto Silence.

hard candy isn't even that good of a movie

Monsters University

The book Without Remorse, which also make a great movie and it's actually bizarre it's never been adapted.

Temple of Doom, First Class, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, and, hell, even Rogue one are all pretty good DESU

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Adaption of the book by the same name released before SotL, not a prequel.

going into "hard candy" you think it's about a young girl walking into the lion's den, but it turns out that she's smart and conniving and in control. but the prequel would show her taking on the first guy and how she had to figure it out the hard way. i think that's more compelling.

The Good etc isn't really a true prequel. It's supposed to take place before the other ones, but since the connection between the films is already pretty light, and the fact that it was made only a year later than For a few dollars more makes it a bit silly to talk about it as a prequel the same as First Class or Rogue 1.

>What is "The Horse and His Boy"

>TFW the only good thing about GoT is the majestic and epic back story
>HBO will make a mini series or movie out of it
>There's no way it could be more dramatically interesting than understanding it being revealed throughout the first book
It'll be shit.

I never knew it was a prequel until recently. Does the movie ever states that?

>Temple of Doom
>good

It takes place before Raiders, yes.

I havent seen it since I was like 12 but I remember enjoying it more than the other Indiana Jones, and my taste was pretty patrician even back then

I didn't know this until this thread. Is the order of the first two even relevant in any way?

It says it takes place in 1935 in the beginning.
It actually shows a really good arch of maturity for Indiana, showing more of how he has become in the first one. (He has clearly been wilder when he was younger, as his relationship with Marion suggests).

the Tremors prequel was pretty good

The Good The Bad and The Ugly you belligerent sack of shit.

youtu.be/H_pKNBbMS1g

The Magician's Nephew movie fucking when?

Life as a Narnia fan is suffering

Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars film

Found the Ameritard

Stop-a misinterpreting our movies-ah

Fuck you

Shutup, Pastafag.

TGTBTU is not a prequel tho I agree.

Yes it goddamn is a prequel. Fistful of Dollars and a Few Dollars More take place a decade after The Civil War. TGTBTU takes place during the civil war. The movie shows the origin of how he started wearing a fucking poncho. Get fucked.

Sup Forums isn't your ESL practice workshop you gook fuck.

youtu.be/H_pKNBbMS1g

Dumbass, Eastwood's playing three different characters

Temple of Doom takes place a year before Raiders of the Lost Ark. It was a good prequel.