Why don't you do other things while you listen to music?

>why don't you do other things while you listen to music?

>he doesn't play vidya/browse/cook/drive/clean/hang w buds while playing music

What do you mean
You put music and then you close your eyes and stand still? Every time?

am listening to music right now

Correct

You can't properly appreciate music without dedicating your attention to it, unless you listen to trash.

Yes but laying down instead. What's with all the newplebs in Sup Forums lately?

>put on an album for a buddy
>he immediately starts talking to me over the music

>

If it's new music, I put attention to it, so when I talk about it I can remember the songs and their content. If i'm doing other stuff, I listen to the songs I've listened to already.

*tips fedora*

What is the proper procedure when listening to new music?

>play album
>????
>you're doing it wrong

You're supposed to pay attention to music, just like any other media. If you leave the TV on in the background while you're doing other shit, you're not actually watching TV. Doing anything more than browsing or light reading is considered not "actively" listening to music. It's probably why this board has such shit taste, cause they aren't even paying attention to it unless it's a "banger trap beat"

I actually do this

Kind of Blue is perfectly made for doing other things. Ambient is there to be aural newspaper.

I like listening to music while cooking- if it's something that's not really attention heavy and just really your hands being occupied, it's okay I've found. But that's it really. If you're playing vidya, reading shit etc it's too much attention to fully enjoy the Music.

this is correct

the only time i listen to music while doing something else is when i'm driving and that's really just out of habit & only done with music i've listened to many times before.
i can't stand when people will "listen" to new music while scrolling through twitter or reading. that shit fucking drives me crazy, it's done exclusively by people who believe music is an accessory or disposable.

>he doesn't improvise on his guitar whilst listening to music

Faggot.

frogposters and kero kero bonito retards
of course

I pay most attention to my music when I'm walking outside and/or going somewhere.

yes but i usually just look at the cover of the album i'm listening to, not standing still though

Can confirm it's pretty dope putting on a record and jamming along

>Jazz = ambient

Don't do that, please. There is so much incredible detail work on Kind of Blue. If you listen close to the improvisations, the key changes and Jimmy Cobb's drumming, you are getting a lot more out of it

>Ambient is there to be aural newspaper.
Not exactly, sometimes I listen to Ravedeath 1972 and just close my eyes to reflect about existence in general. But I guess this is kinda subjective.

>listening to music without doing something else

I do chores or mindlessly browse shitposts while listening to music. I also listen to music at work. I also lay down and give the music full attention.

bump