Why do people listen to this idiot again? He has no other credibility than a large fanbase. No musical knowledge...

Why do people listen to this idiot again? He has no other credibility than a large fanbase. No musical knowledge, yet his viewers take his opinions as fact. Fuck this melon man, all he does is briefly read the wikipedia background of the artist and then use shitty adjectives to describe the album at hand. And worst of all, he seems to believe himself that he's credible. He knows nothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/6656-kid-a/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because most of his fans are underage future nu-males

Anyone else watch his videos while eating a meal and pretend you're having a nice dinner convo with a friend?

no, reevaluate your life.

He doesnt write anything anymore. dont hate him, hate complex

I don't think he lacks credibility because of his extent of musical knowledge.
He has no credibility because his popularity and income are directly tied to how positive a review he gives an album. Therefore, it is always in his interest to give popular albums good reviews.
I'm confident he didn't think Lil Pump's album was a 7, but it was in his economic interest to give the album a positive score.

even if that were true you can still criticize him for lacking integrity in willingly spouting opinions he doesn't necessarily agree with for a paycheck

Sup Forums worships him for the Fantano curse meme.

source?

He literally dropped a video addressing this (on his now second channel) titled like "you gave DAMN a lil pump"?

The too long didn't watch of it was they are clearly not creating content for the same audience and therefore cannot be judged using the same common denominators.

The only good thing he's done was his second account, but he deleted that because someone called it racist or something

There's nothing wrong with a person giving their opinions about things they're passionate about. Only concern is what says but personally I'm not convinced that Fantano has completely sold out.

He tried to save us.

linked wrong post, meant what said.

even that wasnt very good. he cant meme for shit.

It was good in a "get drunk and watch some entertaining trash" kind of way.

Even if it wasn't good at least it had no inherent context of conforming to political correctness. By deleting it he literally forfeit ever exercising the creative freedom to stray from conformity ever again.

I like disagreeing. It helps me more clearly state my own opinions and tastes.

i agree with you in principle. unfortunately he'll probably be relegated to interviews and reviews. creative video journalism for music is really hard. pitchfork and vice have struggled but they are completely separate styles from melon.

If anything blame his fanbase, he literally does not consider himself a professional, just a guy who loves music and people like listening to him. And at least he doesnt have his head up his fucking ass like some of these insufferable creative writing degree psuedo intellectual hipsters that think they have some kind of deep message to portray in their reviews. Just look at this cringy shit -
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/6656-kid-a/

I just use him as someone to keep up to date with different music along with this board and a few other sources. Usually when he gives an album an 8 or above Ill likely enjoy it. Stop taking him so srs non

>music critics
>knowing anything about music

Pick one

if he doesn't consider himself a professional why did he make that butthurt video about him not being listed among other music reviewers

youtube babby's first record critic

The very nature of a record critic is to validate people who can't think for themselves. The very notion of criticizing a record critic for being mainstream is like saying your yes man is better than the yes man of most everyone else. It's dumb. Stop being dumb.

This is straight up me man. Every time Fantano reviews an album I like, I order a meal and watch the full thing while eating. I am going to order a Chicken Katsu with extra sauce when he reviews 6ix9ine's new album.