Am I the only one who liked this movie?

Am I the only one who liked this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YEsiTGo6VI4#t=4m02s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i liked it but the cgi was fucking horrible

Correct.

The problem is that when you talk about liking movies like Indiana Jones, you have autists who pile in demanding that you rank your favorites. Whichever falls in the #4 spot cannot be enjoyed.

I didn't hate it, but it really felt unnecessary
Even Ford didn't look like he wanted to be there.

It was aight. People don't like aliens being in an Indiana jones movie but I didn't mind. It was mostly the stupid comic relief stuff that annoyed me. 6.5/10.

Dude ancient aliens lmao

no. +1

I like the 1950s Americana stuff early in the movie. The fight between the jocks and greasers was pretty cool.

I was really liking it until they got to South America.

Just compare the opening in the warehouse and the chase in the 50s to the bad CGI shit in the jungle.

I don't really mind the ayys. How are those any different from the bible ghosts, the cult that rips out beating hearts, do actual voodoo and brainwash people, and the cup of eternal life?

it was mostly mediocre except for those few scenes which were just terrible

On paper it should've worked. Why didn't it?

Indiana Jones is adventure, with typecast villains, comic relief, and well faked archaeology that goes from mundane to supernatural.

South American jungle, sure. Swapping commies for Nazis, ok. Shia Lebouf and CGI monkeys as comic relief are where things start falling apart. But the key failing is in the mundane archaeology to the fantastical.

Raiders, Last Crusade, and Temple all dealt with ancient ancient stuff. It's archaeology that unearths forgotten myths, ancient secrets.

But aliens are by definition futuristic, which throws the whole thing off.

Plus the fridge scene.

it was an ok moviee but a bad indy movie./ i dont think anyone could argue about that

The only two problems with this film are Shia Labeouf and the aliens.

They could have revealed literally anything else about the skulls and it would have been cooler

I surprisingly have no problem with the fridge scene

why do people hate the fridge scene so much?
you think that spoopy garbage in the other movies was realistic just because it was jewish/christian and dindu?

Temple of Doom was shat on when it came out, it took years until people appreciated it. Crystal Skull is a passable flick, but suffers under the direct comparison with Lost Ark and Last Crusade.

It wasn't horrible but it definitely was the weakest of the 4

I just didn't like the constant CGI shitshow. If they had stuck to more practical effects, I would have loved it completely

Been forever since I've seen it, but I feel like the backlash against Crystal Skull is a bit excessive. Even Plinkett admitted that there were a few good things in the movie.

The bird scene is probably the one bit of the original trilogy closest to the miracle of the fridge.

Is it ridiculous? Yes. Set up "just so"? Oh absolutely.

But even in that flight of fancy it's 1) not impossible and 2) helps define Connery's character that little bit more.

Having the main character survive a nuclear blast in a fridge is just a cheap gag of "Haha nukes and lead-lined fridges. The 50's. Amirite guys?"

that shit was supernatural, but Indy was never supernatural himself.

the fridge thing was downright superhuman, hes not a fucking capeshit hero.

>The bird scene is probably the one bit of the original trilogy closest to the miracle of the fridge.
No, if anything it would be jumping off a crashing plane on an inflatable raft and surviving.

I thought it was fine. I never had any great affection for the originals though.

I don't think shia was that bad other than the jungle monkey scene

Shia "Nononononononononono" Lebouf

Fuck you, bird scene was GOAT.
>Plane crashes
>Cuts back to Connery walking along the shore with his umbrella up
>"I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne"

Then you see Ford kinda look at him and you see that he's learned to respect him a bit more. It's beautiful.

This guy is right, raft was much worse.

It was certainly better than Temple of Doom, I'll give you that.

Well give the scene a bit of a rewatch
youtube.com/watch?v=YEsiTGo6VI4#t=4m02s

It's not from a super tall height, the raft inflates to a pretty big area (not quite parachute sized but still), their total weight isn't astronomical (especially compared to a large raft's bounciness), and they land in semi-puffy snow.

It also functions as a transition from one action scene to another, so the landing doesn't stand out for more than a quick eye roll.

Whereas the fridge survival is a gratuitous equation of nuclear blast (strongest force on earth) versus a quarter inch of lead, a metal and plastic fridge, and Indiana Jones.

Birds can and do fuck up planes.

>Fuck you, bird scene was GOAT.

Agreed, I fucking love the bird scene. Literally the only bad thing is it probably inspired the writers of Crystal Skull to be freer with gimmicks like monkeys and super fridges.

too many CGI fire ants