Prequel Shills will actually try and defend this

Prequel Shills will actually try and defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GgxcvmkPD-I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can hear George saying "make the ships bigger"

You feeling okay, buddy? It may not be too late to go see a doctor. Your obsession is nearing illness now and you might want to stop lest you descend into complete madness.

Those things look like civilian ships.

What specifically is wrong with it?

Did you watch it?

Did they die?
How does this not kill everyone?

They are just walking and shooting at each other, it's retarded, they have all of this technology and they just stand there and shoot at each other on an open plain.

This is 2002 you fag enabler

The special FX were infinitely better than the first. This shit is next level for its time.

The blue chick is literally running in place at the start

Well they don't exactly have much cover to shoot from because it's an open plain.

Not only will they defend it, they'll say that Episode II is the best Star Wars movie because muh cinematography, even though half the shots are a bloated, uncanny valley cgi mess like your webm

this looks like a 90's dance party where young men are exploring their sexuality

>This shit is next level for it's time

Okay Lucas, this is from a movie made almost 10 years before AOTC

Was this from the cartoon?
I've never seen it, but i've heard good things.

>all clone troopers in episodes were CGI
>even the closeups
>not a single clone trooper costume was ever actually made
>even the scenes where clones remove their helmets just have Temuera's head grafted onto a 100% CGI body

My only question is... why? I understand using CGI for distant shots because you don't feel like making and casting 1000 clone troopers, but why do the scenes where clones aren't just background scenery have to be CGI. Was he just trying to make a point about how great CGI is?

>Mfw I actually can't tell

ya ever watched The Patriot?

What exactly is wrong with this? It's a really nice looking sequence that clearly communicates this part of the story. Do practical effects in sci-fi look realistic? No, they do what they have to do to make something appear to be happening. This is the same shit, except a lot more elegant.

I personally like the charm and aesthetic of practical effects, but saying something is bad because you can tell it's CGI is just retardation at its finest.

raging fucktard: the post
I hope you get cancer in your foreskin

he coloured them in on the storyboards by accident

Lmao

>I hope you get cancer in your foreskin

Spotted the kike

oh nooooooooo :(

I'll never unsee this, damn you

Bravo Lucas

Worst technical choice of the PT, IMO. Yes, i can only suppose he wanted to 'push the envelope'.

I don't think it's some poetry thing. It's a plot point. He stole their technology.

>these two things are both spherical therefore same technology

It's from the movie.

It genuinely looks worse than some scenes from the Clone Wars CGI show.

>turn off legs too early
>spaceship rolls away

youtube.com/watch?v=GgxcvmkPD-I

No, the stupid part was using clones with a years-long breeding leadway vs. robots popcorned off an assembly line.

>The Separatists fly a bunch of spherical ships with mottled, grey panels, radar dishes in their upper hemisphere and an equatorial banding 'trench'

>Palpatine steals the plans pictured in II from a member-state of that same organization, a state that functions as a 'manufacturing' arm for the Separatists

>He goes on to build a larger, spherical ship with mottled grey panels, a dish in its upper hemisphere and equatorial banding 'trench'.

>There is no relationship

because the green screen would reflect on the shiny white armor

*zooms in*

I like how there's a journalist on the battlefield with a camera, and the camera man turns around and zooms into the peep slot where the clones are standing, as if to catch the action, while a half-mile ship is crashing behind him.

Probably to keep them all the same size and height.
They cgi'd the reflections off of C-3PO and that dudes just a gold mirror.

good thing we have this little green midget near us to tell us what to do because none of us soldiers and generals have any idea what the fuck we should be doing, i mean we have these giant laser guns should we shoot the battle ships two feet from us -

"concentrate your firepower on the nearest ship"

oh ok, good good, that was a close one ok guys lets shoot the giant ship above right above us. yes, the one thats like 50 feet above us that is essentially a giant bomb that even if it didnt explode is going to crush us all and send a massive dust shockwave right into all of our faces and obscure our tactical view of the battlefield for a good 30 minutes, yoda said its ok

Wait hold on I just realized something.

If the geonosians and separatists made the plans for the Death Star, then what fucking purpose does Jalen Eyrso from Rogue One serve? And where is director Krennic who we were told orchestrated and organized the creation of the Death Star from an administrative standpoint?

What the fuck?

Omg lol that is terrible

>All of those random blaster shots flying into the air

They've been bad at aiming even when they were clones, troopers suck haha

read the book nigga

>Battlefront3cutscene.webm
wow, it's like technology has gotten better in the past 15 years or something, you brainless RLM sheep

They still had to build it, implement it all, refine it. You could steal plans for an airplane from the Wright bros, but the development of aero-planeoistic technology doesn't stop in 1903.

so the prequels are not cannon anymore? didn't mad mikkelson design the death star in rogue one?

>wear helmets with space-age optical enhancing and targeting technology
>still can't hit the broad side of a barn

kek

holy fuck i thought for sure it was from the cartoon
what is wrong with george

>Actually getting upset over the name of a webm

You are truly pathetic

it legit looks like it could've been in Rebels or Clone Wars or an SWTOR cinematic at this point. That's how dated it's become. I mean some of it had to be CGI but they didn't have to make, for example, the clones CGI but they went and did anyway.

It was a lack of foresight, just like with the special edition. The fact of the matter is that practical effects tech > CGI tech at that time by a significant margin, but people were too enamored with it because it was this new hot thing let you have more "lifelike" large dynamic movements with pulsating bellies and all of the stuff that's harder to pull off with practical effects. But it aged like shit. The Alien in Alien looks better than the completely superfluous "zany aliens" that Lucas decided he needed to be a part of the Star Wars image pretty much just to show off. If Star Wars was just one random movie at the time you can't really blame it, but the series is always trying to be this timeless thing.

Eh. You can tell the Xenomorph in Alien is a bloke in a suit. It's the legs. And while 'sometimes' the PT CGI doesn't cut the mustard. the majority of Lucas's aliens look fantastic.

Aliens got it right, IMO. The way those things move makes the skin crawl.

>practical effects tech > CGI tech at that time by a significant margin

this is just not true. If this scene was done entirely with practical effects it would look more fake than it does here. My point was if CGI doesn't look "real" it shouldn't matter, because no one holds practical effects to the same standard.

The thing I don't like about the CGI in these movies is the major aesthetic change from the OT, but that's such a petty nitpick that bugs me personally. Lucas pioneered using CGI on this scale, and I don't see why we have to be so cynical about it just for because it doesn't look as good today. Especially while romanticising effects from the past that look even worse.

Wars not make one great

They still needed people to build the thing. Palps only stole 'plans' ; they could've been the most rudimentary design elements. He'd still need scientists to implement the plans, revise as necessary etc.

> what are trenches
> not erecting forcefield or some rudimental covers.