What the fuck is this shit

what the fuck is this shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k17TEvRYLkM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Grimes - Art Angels

i mean it fucking sucks, why'd Sup Forums praise it this much
it just feels entry-level and low quality even by those standards

just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it's bad, that's just your opinion.

i swear this is bait, like i never see anyone praising this on here, without instantly being called out by someone

the album of the decade!

If all these numales didnt find Grimes attractive nobody would care about this album

wait... somebody actually finds her attractive?
i thought it was all just a meme...

false

No. There is actually males that find an autistic basic SJW girl that looks like a monkey and doesnt even shave her armpits, attractive. Sad, I know.

I for a moment thought Sup Forums was actually enjoying Grimes. I mean, I didn't know what the fuck it was, so I listened to pic related and...
disgusting, I hope this trend dies soon.
Requesting janitor to remove thread, I got my answers

she is cute

Oh how the standards have fallen...

Her early shit is genuinely great for the most part and much more dreamy than this. Visions is an average/good poppier and more accessible record, and this one is just Top 40-style mainstream pop.
If you like dream-pop and ethereal-wave give Lethe and Halfaxa a try

bullshit replies.
Grimes is objectively talented and good looking and makes great music.

did you listen to Art Angels at all?
I'm not one to stop an album halfway through but I honestly couldn't get past the fifth song on this

you just have a pleb taste in both music and women

I'm trying to relisten to Art Angels after seeing this thread and fuck.....it's probably worse than I remember. It's a fucking Taylor Swift album dude.

>did you listen to Art Angels at all?
sure i did, it's one of my favourite albums ever

>I honestly couldn't get past the fifth song on this
that's really lame. the second half of the album is superior tho

You and the other Grimescucks, what is your endgame?

>It's a fucking Taylor Swift album dude.
it sounds nothing like Taylor Swift. try to pay attention to something that isn't a guitar. Grimes' music is actually very layered and complex

>Art Angels is one of my favorite albums ever
This is an 18+ board, squirt.

i just discuss my favourite artist. what's yours?

not an argument, moron

i still think that people thate hate grimes are just trolling
it's scientifically impossible to hate her

I'm listening to Halfaxa at this very moment and this feels good. This is some real good shit. Love the demon name of the album and the cover too. Pretty neat.
How'd she come from this to Art Angels? Such decay.

Not a hater in and on itself, but definitely on my way to become one because of this stupid fanboysm pissing me off.
What's so good about her, in your opinion? And please don't give me "her music is layered and complex" bullshit because that guy clearly doesn't know shit about jazz and prog.

>jazz and prog
hahahaha
just move on. this music is not for you

your stupid haterism is pissing everyone either

>prog
>"layered and complex"

>What's so good about her, in your opinion?
1. Grimes did her own brand of synthpop that nobody else did it before.
2. she did everything in her art by herself: singing, songwriting, drawing the cover art, directing and editing her videos, producing, sound engineering.
3. she popularized the concept of a female producer. she wasn't the first one, but she's the first one who really pushed it to the masses. she's a role model for other females to start pursuing a career in producing.
4. her eclectic music taste is due the fact she's from the first generation of artists that grew up with the internet -> access to a huge quantity and variety of music. all that eclectic taste was reflected into her own wildly diverse music. her favorite artists list ranges from Mariah Carey to Arvo Paat, from Outkast to Skinny Puppy.
5. she's the only female DIY artist at her level of success. she succeeded while most DIY artist failed.

Points 1, 2, 3 and 5 don't make her a good artist

are you implying I'm some sort of elitist? I only mentioned those two because the other dude said something about """""complexity""""" on Grimes' music, which I seem not to understand

>specifically said I'm not a hater
>specifically asked why you think Grimes is good
>literally giving a chance to her albums and asking for suggestions
Yeah I can understand why you're pissed.

I'll have to go with here.
Although I did ask "what's good about her", not "what makes her music good".
Point 4 makes a lot of sense, and as I said, I'm enjoying Halfaxa quite a but at this exact moment and I can sort of see your point.
What else of her work would you recommend? And when did her music start going downhill?

Grimes is for numales

>And when did her music start going downhill?
It didn't. It's just you who dislikes pop music in general.

>starting a career with innovative and different music
>losing her identity and starting to sound like every other pop artist out there
>literal definition of sellout, or as I put it, going downhill

I'm sure you understand my point. What else of her work feels original and identifiable?
Or is Halfaxa the only good thing about Grimes?

>What else of her work would you recommend?
Visions is always a must listen, since it's her breakthrough album, and also her Darkbloom part of the EP
Geidi Primes is kinda more similar to Halfaxa but it's more lo-fi.

(I'm )
Glad you're enjoying Halfaxa, it's really good. A similar album from her is Geidi Primes but I think Halfaxa is better.
Lethe is a 9 min EP that no one cares about and that is available on her old MySpace. Give it a try because I think it's her best one despite the lenght.
>How'd she come from this to Art Angels?
Better equipment and more money allowed her to make the music she always wanted to try making, probably. It's a good thing for her I think.
I think that the real shame is that everyone on here spams Art Angels and sometimes Visions (which is good but has a lot of filler) and no one tries out her other albums thinking they are mainstream pop like AA.
I don't think she is god-tier or shit, but I think that she's a pretty good musician and that we should discuss her music, not whether she's a good or bad waifu.

>>losing her identity and starting to sound like every other pop artist out there
bullshit
>laughing and not being normal
>SCREAM
>kill v maim
what other artists do you know that have such a diverse sound? who does sound like that?

This is how you're supposed to listen to Art Angels.
youtube.com/watch?v=k17TEvRYLkM