And the road to 0-16 continues

And the road to 0-16 continues

you play the bengals this season so theres hope

what is it like being a bears fan? Do you look forward to games each week?

My interest varies from week to week. Some game days I'm interested, others, like today, I just didn't care. I still shake my head at Lovie's firing back in 2012. We came off a 10-6 season with a rising D that featured two good CBs that actually gave a damn -- a rarity in Chicago. We replaced Lovie with Marc "2nd Down? Kick a field goal" Trestman, who fucking destroyed our D with our then GM, Emery, who was another character.

The offense back in 2013 ranked #2 PPG, after the Broncos, which is impressive, and the last time the Bears were in any top 5 lists in the NFL.

Right now, we're still in damage control after the Trestman/Emery era and I don't think we'll ever recover in the foreseeable future. Our new GM Ryan Pace shows talent, but he's shadowed by a terrible ownership, president, and a head coach who's destroying other coaches, like Vic Fanigo, who should just leave Chicago for the sake of his career.

>yfw two 0-16 teams in the same season

>As if the Chargers wont go 0-16 with all losses by 3 points or less.

>rising D in 2012

that defense was basically the swan song for the elite Bears D from the mid 2000s . The only reason the Bears didn't finish 7-9 or 8-8 is because the defensive studs actually managed to stay healthy for most of the year.

nah trubinsky will start eventually and win a few at some point

Not really. I love da bears but I don't really look forward to games. But it can be nice sometimes because every now and then they surprise me

Then take the #1 or 2 overall and flip it to a desperate team for a bunch of picks. Just don't pull a Rams and botch every single following pick.

This would be a hubbub

I'm sure the Bears will manage to fuck it up

>DA BEARS

>yfw da Bears win their next 14 and appear in da Superb Owl

LET'S STAY POSITIVE YOU GUISE!!!!

Remember how everyone blamed Cutler for the Bears' offense being bad?

>chargers

They'll beat the Jets 14-7. The jets are the other 0-16 team sorry bub

>Wasting your future draft on a project QB who had only played one (eins) season in college.

>We came off a 10-6 season with a rising D that featured two good CBs
>forgetting that this team blew a 7-1 start to the season and crumbled pathetically at the end and missed the playoffs again

>forgetting that this team blew a 7-1 start to the season and crumbled pathetically at the end and missed the playoffs again
That was in 2011, f-a-m

think again dumbass

Lovie was always awful.

>Wasting your future draft picks on a Chad who literally posts who he's fucking and how he loves dem titties on twitter
DA BURRS FIND A WAY!

not unless they cut their k-pop star kicker

>bears
>bengals
>jets

this god awful play is fucking unacceptable. these players are the best in the best and get paid millions and THIS is the result?

Do you guys wish you had Cutler back?

Yes. ;_;

Memes aside are the bears the worst team in the NFL because I'm starting to geniunely believe so.

I genuinely love being a Bears fan, even though we suck unbelievably hard

You're right, we should have signed a homosexual QB the way Green Bay did.

I miss Cutler.

>Memes aside are the bears the worst team in the NFL
We flirted with that status in Trestman's final year, but I think we might actually be there now, although the good ol' Cleveland Browns will probably prove me wrong by being utter dogshit as usual.

You jelly of their success faggot?

No, because the Bears are the only reason the Packers even exist. Also don't read too much into it, I'm just making a low-hanging fruit gay joke about a division rival.

glennon does all the bad things cutty did x2 with none of the gunslinging dgaf swagger. pls come back Jay

Cutler $20 mil per year makes infinitely more sense than paying Glennon $18 mil.

>Cutler doesn't give a fuck about criticism
>He just wants cash so he's cool with Trubisky getting playing time
>He's actually got talent
>His teammates genuinely like and respect him
>He has hair

I can say none of those things about Glennon

I start work at 3am and get out at 8am. I look forward to the game so much that I'll literally work extra hours and leave by 11am, pick up something to eat and watch the game in my back porch

In all seriousness how do you not pass out? I worked a 11pm to 7am shift for a year and I was always dead tired by 10am at the latest.

How else are they going to attract Asians to football games?

don't worry you still play the vikings twice a year

Sheer force of will. My shift had changed because I was promoted and was switched to that shift. My eyes weren't black when I started and now people say I look like a raccoon

Whats his endgame?

collusion with alcohol distributors in the Chicago area

Are they gonna start trubisky now that napoleon dynamite shit the bed?

the claws and fangs are fucking out in the Chicago media. this shit is going to turn into a bloodbath until Glennon and Fox are both publicly executed. honestly, what was Pace thinking? "i'm going to sign some d-list scrub and have him ball out for a year while THE FUTURE learns on the bench". that fucking moron was playing with fire. the backup quarterback is ALWAYS a controversy in this city, least of all when he is THE FUCKING FUTURE

>tfw the Bears look to suck for the rest of the decade
mmmmm...liquor.

It really doesn't help that the Bears WR corps has gone back to no-name shitters again. It's like before Brandon Marshall came to town.

no because if we had drafted Rodgers he would have never been anything more than a journeymen quarterback who was out of the NFL in 5 years

didn't want that feel

>hiring John fucking Fox to be your coach
>hiring Trestman to be your coach
What the fuck were they thinking? Were they trying to tank for picks or are they actually this retarded?

The Jets are so bad the computer can not compute their suckiness.

At least the Bears have been to a SB in our lifetime

My ranking for most depressing teams to root for:
>browns
>jags
>jets
>lions

Put Dolphins on the list, they're even worse because they're a borderline Wild Card team every year so the fans have to, at least, pretend to be invested before their heart gets ripped out. At least Browns fans have no expectations of any sort of success and don't get emotionally invested. Chiefs and Bungles could be on the list for this reason as well.

Agreed. Now he's coaching One of the worst college football teams.

I'm looking for something to motivate me to tie that noose. Should I support da Burrs?

yeah join the fun

Burrs are lovable losers, you'll be laughing as a Burrs fan more than you'll be crying. If you want to really commit sudoku become a Browns fan or a Jags fan.

The first pick is ours, Chiraq. You will not stand in our way

that's because Chicago still has the Cubs and Blackhawks, so you're not entirely emotionally invested in your NFL team like you are in Jacksonville or Buffalo

Yeah and unlike some cities Chicago is fairweather as fuck on which of their teams is "THE" team in the city. I.e. It's never consistently a bulls or bears or Cubs or blackhawks city, it's just whoever is doing well at the moment. As opposed to St. Louis where the Blues could win ten straight Stanley Cups and the residents wouldn't give a shit about it, they'd be pissed about the Cards sucking since the Cards are THE team there. Same with the Steelers in Pittsburgh, the broncos in Denver, etc.

Eh maybe, but I really only care about Da Bulce and Da Burrs and both of them are terrible, but I still have a lot of fun supporting them. It's hard to explain why but Chicago teams are still fun to support when they're bad. We have pretty good memes for our teams.

Well Chicago is a huge city so obviously you will see the loud bandwagoners who cheered for the Blackhawks a few years ago and now cheer for the Cubs, but the quieter majority of the city is pretty hardcore. Da Burrs haven't done anything in over a decade and still sell out games.

bullfucking shit. if the Blues EVER had a history of winning SHIT St Shithole would turn into a hockey city overnight. 10 in a row and they'd ship the cards to canada

>bullfucking shit. if the Blues EVER had a history of winning SHIT St Shithole would turn into a hockey city overnight
I grew up there (as a brewers fan) and no, its baseball baseball baseball 100% of the time. Even in the late 90s when the cardinals were mediocre and the Rams were god tier, it was all baseball

>cards have been one of the most consistently good teams in mlb history
>if their record and the blues records were reversed the blues would be top dog

that is my point. if the cards had a history of being a shit tier franchise and the blues were the class of the NHL since inception then baseball would not be as relevant. they don't get points for cheering for the historically good team because it is historically good

What about the Bills?
Going to 4 is exciting, going to 4 in a row is a time to be alive

Losing all 4 in a row? I can't even imagine

No way fuckers, we're gonna 0-16 in fucking style.

is howard droppable?

we somehow manage to only win games against our division rival and the queens

at least once each, each year

mind if i save this, friend

jesus
someone brought me back that jeppson

like over ripe ginsing juice soaked through a grandmas soiled diaper

out 4-6 weeks

so, maybe

I always watch but I'm never excited. Haven't been for years.

I fucking love watching the Bears. This team is so unbelievably awful, but they inspire some kind of fatalistic loyalty, the same way the Cubs did for 108 years. And even in the worst seasons, there's one bizarre, hilarious bright spot.

>pic related
>the 20-point in comeback in one quarter against SF the season before that

And so on.

Chicago is such a great city. It deserves a much, much better team

>ywn see two 0-15 teams playing each other week 17

BEARS SOX HAWKS BULLS

I remember when Bennett, Marshall, Forte and Jeffrey were his targets too

Bears play the 49ers week 17, fingers crossed for the game of a lifetime

Forgot the Bills. I'd put them in front of the Jags

right, they were there when Cutler led the offense to back to back years as a top 10 offense for the first time in Bears history. It just happened to coincide with the defense having back to back years in the bottom 5 for the first time in franchise history.

Please sweet god let this happen

You mean when McCown took over and fooled the league into thinking he was good in that same system? Yeah, I remember

McCown is the modern day Steve Beuerlein

>trade up to take a quarterback
>refuse to play the quarterback

man it's depressing to see ditka in that blue emu commercial... he looks so fucking old

>tfw Sox fan

You can't have it. Lions are the only ones allowed to hold 0-16, and they'll be one of two to hold 16-0.

I've been having chest pains today. I think I am almost free from this hell, friends.

Is Ditka the shittiest coach to ever win a Super Bowl? Is he worse than Switzer?

>Starting a one year college starter who has to succeed his first starting season
>Pace sabotaging his own career
>Not just accepting another year of top 5 draft picks when you've still got a college tier WR corps and secondary

Just start Mitsubishi already

>Chorgers
>Browns
>Clots
>Bills
>All vying for the title too

BLOCKS YOUR PATH

We are the Bears Shufflin' Crew
Shufflin' on down, doin' it for you
We're so bad, we know we're good
Blowin' your mind like we knew we would
You know we're just struttin' for fun
Struttin' our stuff for everyone
We're not here to start no trouble
We're just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle

Buddy Ryan won the Super Bowl.

you forgot the saints, imagine leaving a rookie LB to cover gronk for 10 seconds while your corners chase running backs and your safeties jerk off in no man's land

I love that they performed this song before they were anywhere near the Super Bowl.

I'm afraid the Colts are going to ruin our chance at a perfect season

>ywn experience the massive shitposting during the bills back to back to back to back superbowls run in Sup Forums

No it was time to move on

burrs play vikings week 17

Cutler woulda been 12mil if he stayed with the bears thus year.... He's getting only 1yr/10mil from the dolphins.

Fukien deleted this thread...Bear Down Chicago Bears