Thoughts?

Thoughts?

On my second listen now, Sadness Song is great.
At first I thought his singing was unbearable but it very quickly grew onto me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Il0JVVSZqBs
youtu.be/kgX4luWBs7o
youtu.be/3o2VvcQA_yY
hypnopazzu.bandcamp.com/album/create-christ-sailor-boy
youtube.com/watch?v=O2djOhXfw2g
youtube.com/watch?v=wKuBtt24Ark
youtu.be/XLgeyZJzrs8
youtube.com/watch?v=VNWMOuMP7kQ
brainwashed.com/c93/misc.php?site=c93
youtube.com/watch?v=8EbFnz4eAHI
youtube.com/watch?v=uI2YgJmxEWQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I actually bought both the vinyl and cd, I love this album so much. You should really check out their live album, halo, its got some really great renditions on it. Also i highly recommend listening to some of the bonus tracks if you haven't
youtu.be/Il0JVVSZqBs
(The shitty amv is the only video up with the based version of this song)
youtu.be/kgX4luWBs7o
youtu.be/3o2VvcQA_yY
Happy listening, user!

lmao, current 93 amvs need to be more of a thing

listened to black ships ate the sky and i gotta say that title track was the best shit hes ever done

Absolutely lol. I'm listening to I am the last of all the field that fell and the part where tibet starts getting really into those flowers grow is phenomenal

It's a great album. 9/10. Is this your first foray into his work?

inmost light is better

yes

Definitely check out "All the Pretty Little Horses" then. Last of the field that fell was my first step into his music and I really liked it. When I finally took the time to listen to all the pretty little horses, I was absolutely floored. It utterly broke me and C93 was about all I could listen to for the next solid month.

>le wacky british occult guy

no

>stop liking what I don't like!!!!!

We're having an actual conversation about music here, go find an oasis or 6ix9ine thread to post in.

On a sidenote to anyone who's pretty much exaughsted current 93's discography, create christ sailor boy is pretty decent. Its a collab album between tibet and the bassist for killing joke. Be warned though there's a vocal effect over david's voice which may make or break the album for you. hypnopazzu.bandcamp.com/album/create-christ-sailor-boy
Dubs of truth, this thread is meaningful and fun

youtube.com/watch?v=O2djOhXfw2g

One of his best songs and a personal favorite.

Is that the reissue of the thunder perfect mind?
I slept on it and am so upset with myself. I wish it was easier/cheaper to get David's records in the states. The shipping always is a ton of money and the exchange rate sucks.

why do people meme this shitty album when pretty horses, soft black stars, sleep has his house and last in all the field are his definitive best albums?

Yes, its a pretty red colored vinyl. There are two unopened copies on amazon but they are both over $50. The $36 one is "temporarily out of stock"

How do you guys feel about current 93's earlier work, before thunder perfect mind? Looney runes and earth covers earth are my 2 favorites from that period. The blue gates of death is just too good

imperium to swastikas for noddy is a great album stretch. A lot of people dont like christ and the pale queens but despite the last track its pretty good

Is it more neo-folk or more industrial? Its one of the few studio albums of theirs I've yet to try it out, along with honeysuckle æons

Of ruine or some blazing starre, i have a special plan, and birth canal blues are the best current 93 projects by far. Prove me wrong (you can’t)

its kind of different all around. Its more industrial sounding but all the songs are sort of different from one another. I do warn you that the last song is just an 18 minute 5 second loop of bagpipes tho

I wish birth cannal blues would have been stretched to a full album with no filler tracks. It has a terrific sound

I think birth canal blues is a 10/10 EP, and i think its brevity supports that. I think its better than I have a special plan, but it’s hard to compare the two.

Alright thanks. I'm a fan of bagpipes so I'll see how long I can last lol. Nice dubs on two posts btw

Fair enough, birth canal blues was actually the first thing by current 93 I listened to. The song where tibet goes crazy with his voice startled the hell out of me

black ships eat the sky > black ships ate the sky

what kind of shit do I need to read to understand what he’s talking about most of the time?

do lots of LSD and read Aleister Crowley

Dog's Blood Rising and Nature Unveiled are two of their best albums. They seem pretty underappreciated especially Nature Unveiled

Reaction image I made of baby tibet. Just leaving this here for anyone who might enjoy

I got some too. I will leave them.

Thank you user

best live performance
youtube.com/watch?v=wKuBtt24Ark

Rose is so priceless. I wish she did more work with strawberry switchblade. This version of since yesterday is absolutely based youtu.be/XLgeyZJzrs8

current 93 is amazing. black ships is probably his best album and this might be his best song
youtube.com/watch?v=VNWMOuMP7kQ

tibet is one of my favorite lyricists of all time. he's truly a visionary poet

yea, i almost started to tear up during that and the bloodbells chime when i listened to it

Bless your soul, lol that's great

This Autistic Imperium Is Nihil Reich is a cool song name

Real talk, I never really got why people are so into this album. Most of the songs on this album are ridiculously straightforward and simple. Like, they consist of one riff that gets repeated throughout with maybe a slight change once. It just felt underwhelming to me considering my first foray into the genre is Rome's Flower From Exile or Swans' neofolk stuff where it's layers of stuff happening.

id suggest imperium or swastikas for noddy. Imperium is sort of post-punk sounding while swastikas for noddy is freak folk

ive been thinking of selling my original press and buying the new one, how goods the sound quality? this copy sounds absolutely fantastic

I really like the umbrella lady line
It sounds fine, I'd recommend you keeping your original pressing though

Well, I think the reason for this is because you're approaching it from a neo-folk standpoint, and really after 1988 C93 hardly made neofolk. I know it's a broad term, but C93 does a lot more with medieval motifs. In fact, a lot of the songs are instrumentally based off of medieval melodies. That's in a large part why they are so repetitive. They're not really neofolk at all except in the broadest sense of the term.

Absolutely keep the original press just for it's value alone, unless you really just want the album on vinyl and want the extra cash an original press would gain you.

he lists his influences here:
brainwashed.com/c93/misc.php?site=c93

>Japanese, Korean, Thai and Chinese supernatural and fantasy films

a-anime?

I too am influenced by all organic foods

god tibet is delightfully dorky

wonder if he's into berserk. Alot of the art style is similar

does anyone else like "my name is nearly all that's left"? It's my favorite of his releases but i know that it's not terribly popular among even his fans, which i get cause it's super minimalist and very spoken word focused but im a huge fan of that kind of stuff and there's so little of it out there

agreed

its alright

who is the sufferer is also good

Eh,pic related is better

youtube.com/watch?v=8EbFnz4eAHI
Listen to this album, it's stunning. It's the same lineup as Current 93, including Rose McDowall, but with Michael Cashmore at the helm.

i just listened to it. spooky stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=uI2YgJmxEWQ
Did anyone say unbearable singing that grows on you?

their compilations are often better than LPs

Good thread