Find a flaw

find a flaw

The end.

How to write a script like Refn:

>Think of a bunch of cool, deep, paradoxical images
>make up the plot along the way

so its okay when Kubrick does it but not Refn?

flawless

too tall

worst fanning

Every scene from start to finish. The first piece of dialogue to the last.

wwmel

Bad pacing

It doesn't build up the creepiness. It waits the whole film and then hits you with the horror business

Up to the point where the girl licks up the blood in the bathroom it was good . Should have kept building up from there

Starry Eyes was better

>find a flaw

Elle is cute but no where near good looking enough to be model.

Everything apart from Jena Malone, who is too good for this shit.

Elle fanning can't act. Nicolas winding refn can't direct

isn't that the girl that got blacked

nah that was you're mum m8

This. The movie was kind of boring, I was waiting for something to happen forever, then in the last 20 minutes there's necro and a bunch of other shit. Nothing ever hinted at the three women being fucked up either.

And what about that guy who liked the protag? He was such a pointless character.

The ending was amusing but the movie was complete trash.

It's a bad film

I only consumed the movie at face value but i'll take a stab at answering, I guess we never got true indication of their sinister sides because Elle's character (Jesse) is an innocent baby lamb, and also kind of stupid, or rather uneducated or ignorant, completely inexperienced. Her character was 16 hadn't, graduated high school and ran away from a small town in Georgia and hadn't lost her virginity.
She got caught up in the glamour, bright lights and attempts to pursue a career, so she was seeing everything through rose colored glasses and inexperience. She was so innocent and virgin that she couldn't even tell that Ruby was in love (or infatuated) with her. I guess Jesse also also had a bit of supernatural allure to her, since every one that worked with her thought she was some type of goddess.

I think the guy she was dating was like an anchor that kept things from getting to out of hand in her life,he was also really innocent, naive, stupid and not at all opportunistic, and once she tossed him away that opened the flood gates for all of the horrific fuckery to slip through.

yes

>Elle can't act
user pls

??

I took it as it wasnt literally her beauty but her innocence /virginity that was driving the other characters to obsess over her in their own ways

It's dishonest filmmaking at it's finest.

she was pure and the others were not

Meme?
What do you mean?

vagina

wat?

yes

For newfriends
Dishonest Filmmaking:
(George Lucas, Alejandro Jodorowsky, Steven Spielberg, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tom Hooper, Max Linder, Rian Johnson, Yeon Sang-ho, Noah Baumbach, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, James Franco, Steve McQueen) are intellectually bankrupt moral whores and charlatans; their films appeal to the modern phenomenon of the 'Pretend Epic' or Pseudo Cinema, often tied to the criticism that "It was a movie that thought it was a film" they have no ideas of their own and are filmed purely to have fancy essays made about them. They obfuscate their lack of insight under a smug impenetrable irony and often contain scenes with disingenuous attempts at depth with characters spouting platitudes that the director takes VERY seriously.
This directly panders to the IMDb reddit sensibility of quote circlejerking since these hacks are masters of the fools wit, "Quipping" (Not to be confused with the marvel co-opting of the word) , it sounds smart, cool and worldly but in reality there's nothing of substance, the Revenant's attempt at spiritualism was cheap and laughable and whilst someone like Malick has considered his philosophy, Inaurritu wears his introspection on his sleeve to give his film a false sense of depth with pathetic sermonising.

THIS is Dishonest Filmmaking.

They leech the greater works that preceded them; like The Enemy being a rip off Eraserhead, but they have nothing else to say.
They act under the guise of deconstruction, surface layer obvious 'social commentary' and a quirky forgettable score praised as 'innovative'. They are all inauthentic sycophants that rely on oscar buzz and post 9/11 detachment for relevance.

These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time.

Some notably earnest filmmakers include, but are not limited to

>Mike Stoklassa
>The Coen Brothers
>Werner Herzog
>GW Pabst
>Mel Gibson
>Matt and Trey Parker
>David Lynch
>Clint Eastwood

.....Wrong.

:^) the first list is still correct, but ESPECIALLY villeneuve. I like to think he was what triggered you, as he is by far the plebbiest and most loved by redditors meme on there.

>Dishonest filmmaking
>Alejandro Jorodowski

Fellini copycat with way less production values, sure, buy dishonest? Dude has been trashed exclusively because he makes his works as self stimulation/ religious therapy.

ELLE FANNING IS NOT SURGICALLY ATTACHED BY HER ASS TO MY FACE

Yea, dude Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park, and Star Wars are so cynical and sermonising. When I saw Jurassic Park as a kid I was like, "Look at this dishonest film that is so much fun and creates a sense of wonder and awe that recaptures youth and innocence, he must of just made this for fancy essays." The deconstruction of Raiders of the Lost Ark is disgusting too, nothing authentic or charming about the film in any way. If only these directors had read Infinite Jest and become really earnest and authentic.

not sitting on my face

>down here it's wet-wet-wet, back to you, Jeff
what did she mean by this?