twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

english genetics

It's called aging.

lads, innit?

those eyebrows gave me an aneurysm

they grew some jaws

Where do they put the bodies?

DROPPIN LETHAL CARGO ON DE SHIP

Name one more important electronic act of today than Autechre.

The dj in slipknot.

OPN

Soy consumption

lol this must be bait

when will the "opn is bad" meme end?

Silly OP, those are the Sleaford Mods.

>OPN kiddies thinking they're on the cutting edge for listening to a half assed regurgitation of boring ideas that some 60 year old professor has been already been doing for 20 years in the local University computer science department

It's not a meme. His music is awful. He's doing a mediocre job of stealing boring ideas that have been going on in academic electronic music for decades, and selling them to kiddies as though they're new ideas via marketing. If he either 1) actually pushed these ideas further or did anything legitimately interesting in terms of sound design or processing concepts, or 2) write good songs, there would be a reason to care about his work. He does neither.

Tront was rejected from the IDM club so he drained their lifeforce.
He did it to Al as well for rejecting him from the Industrial scene.

what composers in particular are you referring to

Sleaford Mods.

The first part of that is hilarious. But Moby, Deadmau5, and Skrillex are not braindance. Am I missing a joke or something? How could anyone even think those artists are braindance?

Here's one: dxarts.washington.edu/people/juan-pampin

I don't listen to or follow this kind of music because it's mostly really boring and there's no way to easily sort the bad from the good and there's no "scene" or easy place to find it online. You just have to find people's .edu web pages. But I listened to a lot of it for a while and attended some concerts. If you have any exposure to what's happening in that world, it's obvious OPN heard some of this stuff and though "gee, I can half-assed steal this shit and people will think it's really cutting edge if I just say it's and kool-fer-kidz".

They invite bottom of the barrel in and ignore Reznor still

Not the guy you were talking to but did you post the wrong thing? That guy is not even related musically

Pampin has made all kinds of music. He does indeed make exactly the kind of computer music I'm talking about. I don't know if you can find it very easily. Are you following the conversation?

Yeah, I'm following the conversation but I tried to find more of what that guy you posted has done and none of it is electronic soundscape/ambient stuff. I can't even find any of his electronic stuff

I don't know where you can find it or if there are any official releases. I heard a bunch of it while I was in school, from a friend who was in the program. There are guys like that at every major university with a comp sci / music /arts crossover program. Pampin and other current dudes don't sound that much like OPN, because OPN is a half-assed attempt at ideas that happened in that world decades ago, but I posted Pampin as an example of what a good current execution of actually interesting current ideas sounds like. Wish I could find some of his computer pieces but I don't know where. One artist OPN is very directly and obviously ripping off, in a very half assed way, is Terry Riley's stuff from the 60's: youtube.com/watch?v=hy3W-3HPMWg

60's-retro is cutting egde my dude! Gretta Van Fleet is really paving new gound! Is Gretta Van Fleet the new OPN? Who will rip off the 20th century minimalists next and will they put in slightly more effort than OPN? Truly a riveting development in new musical horizons. Warp still leading the way, bros.

They're british

Well yeah you can hear Terry Riley and a lot of minimalism in there but you can also hear a lot of late 90's/early 2000's ambient and electronic drone in there. I'd say hes more of an extension of those styles but I wouldn't say it's a direct rip off. You can try to disparage any form of progression/modernisation by stating it's roots and influences but OPN and others are different enough and bring a collective cohesion to it all. I agree with you for the overstated importance of the warp label though, I'm not one of those aphex canada cunts that bang on about those and autechre being the best electronic music out there

Warp was great during the period you're talking about. That's why it's so sad that they now promote artists like OPN and Nozinja.

Maybe OPN is "bringing a collective cohesion to it all" (meaningless statement) whatever that means. But whatever he's doing certainly isn't anything new, let alone something new enough to be interesting for it's newness. Again, if his music was good it wouldn't matter if it was conceptually or technically novel in some way. But since his music is bad, this is what people focus on - the idea that "it's cutting edge bro" - and that's a false idea.

Talk me through how his music is objectively bad then big boy

Damn, you're really invested in this.

>HURRRR SAY THING SO I CAN SAY DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT ALL ART IS JUST SUBJECTIVE CUZ THAT MEANS I WIN ARGUMENT
His songs are emotionally ineffective. If you can't tell, I'm sorry for your bad taste and lack of musical acumen. Why defend a shit artist? The answer to the question is: because you're a fanboy, fashion hipster, faggot who doesn't actually like music, but just wants to be seen as liking cutting edge music. There are plenty of people making soundscape and ambient music that's actually good. Just listen to that if you actually care about the music, which you don't, since you are defending a very clearly shit artist.

>someone on a music board cares about music
Fucking gee

yeah and in the worst of ways.
it's sad when people who may have something to say do it in the most obnoxious of ways, like him mocking alleged ways of speak ("it's utting edge bro", "warp still leading the way, bros") no one has used, or childish side attacks like "opn kiddies"
if you got to use your (supposed) knowledge to act like a smug cunt you are doing it the wrong way

>you're a fanboy, fashion hipster, faggot who doesn't actually like music, but just wants to be seen as liking cutting edge music
did opn rape you as a kid or something? your intellectual shtick doesn't work if you follow it by a torrent of ad-hominems

>HURRRR SAY THING SO I CAN SAY DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT ALL ART IS JUST SUBJECTIVE CUZ THAT MEANS I WIN ARGUMENT
I never said that all art is subjective and I don't think it is. If this is how you react when asked for something to back up your claims then you need to grow up

>His songs are emotionally ineffective
An opinion and one that I disagree with but you can't really come to a conclusion arguing about who felt what

>If you can't tell, I'm sorry for your bad taste and lack of musical acumen
Thanks for letting me know your credentials mate. You definitely put me in my place

>he answer to the question is: because you're a fanboy, fashion hipster, faggot who doesn't actually like music, but just wants to be seen as liking cutting edge music.
Never claimed he was at the cutting edge. As I've said before Im not the person you were originally talking with. Also I asked for an argument not a personal attack on a strawman

>There are plenty of people making soundscape and ambient music that's actually good
I know and I listen to them. OPN is good as well

>triggered
That's the point of talking that way. The kind of people who pretend to like music because they think it's cutting edge, e.g.OPN kiddies, are smug faggots, so calling them belittling names is an effective way of poking at the negative personality complexes they are expressing through their fake music taste. Proof: you being triggered so badly by this right now.

people aren't thinking this is the same people right. the later two both have blue eyes

What's happened is this:
>You have an idea of these insufferable pitchfork OPN kiddies (which I agree are fucking terrible)
>You finally get to argue about OPN's validity and so assume this person (me) must be one because you're so eager to argue with one of them and shut them down
>You argue with me like I am one of these (which I'm not)
>Through this rage you have now started to confuse other people in this thread for me

I agree that these OPN kiddies are arseholes but you can't assume that everyone that thinks he has anything but terrible music is one of these

i don't have a horse in this race, i don't even like opn lmao. i was just following the conversation.
my opinion on you sounding smug was from an outsider point of view and felt i should call it out because you seem very emotionally unstable while discussing. look at it, you are giving me the "opn kiddy with personality complexes" rant and i don't even like him!
and you may want to give another look to your behaviour and what you believe your words cause on others because boy do you sound like the "triggered" one

Aphex, but Autechre is no doubt second

is this what being autistic is like? 100% honest question here

just tip it already

when he starts releasing interesting music

it's not a meme if is true