Redesigned Tatooine™

>redesigned Tatooine™
>redesigned R2D2™
>redesigned Darth Vader™
>redesigned Darth Vader Shuttle™
>redesigned Deathstar™
>redesigned Emperor™
>redesigned Final battle™
What were they thinking? And what was up with Kylo Ren, a warrior trained by Luke Skywalker and powerful enough to kill all his other students, losing to a literal "who?". Thank god he was worn out from the fight against the janitor right?

And then they follow up with a movie nobody ever asked for because it was already summarized in one sentence 40 years ago. But thankfully they added Darth Vader™ being a badass during the reshoots, otherwise people might've forgotten that its a Star Wars™ movie.

Where does the franchise actually go from here? How deep can they bury themselves in shit?

Don'r worry Rian Johnson will save the franchise

>And what was up with Kylo Ren, a warrior trained by Luke Skywalker and powerful enough to kill all his other students, losing to a literal "who?". Thank god he was worn out from the fight against the janitor right?

The problem is that you're incapable of following a simple character arc and you think the Force is about power levels

Looks better than TFA already.

>the Force is about power levels
No, it's about knowledge and training, Jedi spend years of their lives doing intense training in order to use the Force, whereas this literal who one day wakes up with maxed out stats and randomly even knowing mind tricks.

>prequelbabbies

Luke was on Dagobah for a week

And got his ass handed to him by Vader you stupid fucking Disney shill

Whoah it's almost as if Vader and Kylo Ren are completely different characters at completely different points in their development

it's almost as if Vader was competent and in control and Kylo Ren was heavily wounded and mentally unstable from killing his dad and the general doubt in himself that's been sown throughout the movie made him weaker

Luke fought Vader again with no more training in RotJ and won because he eroded Vader's will, same thing happened with Kylo in TFA

I think the problem is that some people are so gullible they throw all common sense aboard as long as they get space pew pew

The amount of time passed between V and VI is unspecified, but Luke has clearly spent more time training given his more mature attitude and higher finesse with the Force.

Kylo being wounded would at best make him less efficient at swordfights (which regardless doesn't stop him from beating an actual soldier before losing to some random girl) but in no way would justify him not being able to simply use Force techniques to roflstomp Mary Sue regardless.

>he bothers to critique sea-boots

seriously, they just want you to member. that's it. they don't care about anything else.

>Luke fought Vader again with no more training in RotJ and won

This is literally wrong

How could you be so fucking retarded to think that Luke learned how to build his own light saber but somehow didn't get any stronger? Despite him taking on a barge of Jabba's goons and Boba Fett

There really is no logic or reasoning with you stupid fucking TFA apologists is there?

>but Luke has clearly spent more time training given his more mature attitude and higher finesse with the Force.

But he doesn't see Yoda or Obi-Wan at all during this period. By your rationale the Force isn't about inner understanding and self-realization, it's about spending time in the official Yoda Academy for years. Anything Luke did wouldn't have been "real" training.

>Where does the franchise actually go from here? How deep can they bury themselves in shit?
A good question.

How does Disney make money after episode 8 and 9 come out?

How long can they last milking Han Solo/Vader/Yoda/Boba before the people stop caring?

And no, don't talk to me about Old Republic/cartoon characters, none of that shit is getting their own movies.

How long can they milk the OT for realistically? Or can they set up spin off based around the new trilogy?

Yoda taught him how to train, you don't need a teacher to hold your hand at every point of doing something

He learned how to move shit with the force, control his feelings, probably meditated, and spent more time developing his swordfighting, all of that is apparent

There's a clear difference between someone who has had some classes and knows several concepts improving the skills with which they already had a marginal grasp and someone doing mind tricks and shit out of fucking nowhere.

terra cotta, famalam.

>responding to disney shills that didn't even see the OT
lmaooo

What the fuck did i just watch? no seriously, what the fuck?

i dont know where to start with this monstrosity of a flick. if it wasn't for the obvious faces and lightsabers it would just be the usual high budget flick with the thinking that fancy effects and explosions will make a 'movie' good. fucking wrong.

i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning or end due to the lack of structure and plot - infact im still struggling to see what the plot was? the whole thing dragged out to see some old fuck standing on the cliffs - greeeaat.

what really fucking me off was how they mocked the dark side to be a laughing stock. that pathetic joke making the clone troopers run away when kylo was throwing a tantrum.
-kylo was meant to be the evil sith boss but actually got KILLED by a girl using a lightsaber for the FIRST FUCKING TIME. the fucking dindu put up a good fight, they both have zero fucking knowledge in using one, let alone the force in general. what the fuck?
how can anyone possible criticise the prequels with pieces of liberal shit like this one? there were no characters in TFA with any presence, or something that made you think 'wow i like this guy'. the prequels had mace windu, anakin, obi wan, darth vader, darth maul, etc. what did this one have? the characters were fucking dull as fuck, im actually angry as im typing this i just cant get over what i just watched and i need to vent it somewhere.

trust disney to fuck up this bad. i dont even need to mention (but i will anyway) the obvious racism with the dark side being all white, and the 'goodies' being a melting pot of spics, chinks, dindus, females etc. how can this racism even be allowed?

sadly ticket sales determine the success of a film, and so people will feel obligated to think this flick was good but in reality it was tediously boring, which lacked a plot, characters with any redeeming qualities, and made the dark side a joke.

>the fucking dindu put up a good fight
I'm actually somewhat OK with this since he's a soldier. Doing kind of OK but losing is acceptable.

They will continue to bless us with badass scenes such as Darth Vader killing rebels in Rogue One and a x-wing fighter pilot destroying tie fighters, because apparently these kind of fail safes are all the galaxy is good for.

>Darth Vader killing rebels in Rogue One and a x-wing fighter pilot destroying tie fighters
Exactly, but for how long can they do that?

Are they really going to make a "Darth Vader:Jedi Hunter" Trilogy?

Fucking probably.

If episode 8 isn't original or at least creative, I will retroactively shun episode 7 as unoriginal and uninspired. As it stands now, "soft reboot is ok, but only for this episode".

Well judging from the fact that everyone praises the "remember this guy?" roulette that is Star Wars Rebels. I'd say forever.
They're already lining up Han Solo to be the next throw back character after Vader. And once people start saying "ok its enough" they'll come up with the next.
And then there's more stuff of which rogue one is made of.

I mean, get ready for the 12 parsecs run in Han Solo's movie.

This. Too much video games, perhaps.

They've sort of written themselves in a hole. If Episode VIII is actually good they'll have to move in a different direction and it'll only further reveal how bad The Force Awakens is.

The changes made to Jyn's character between the early trailers and the release of Rogue One makes me wonder whether Disney has taken the Mary Sue complaints seriously. If so it's a good thing.