One segment on a shitty Alfa Romeo

>one segment on a shitty Alfa Romeo
>no cars to be found from then on out

Yeah today's episode was pretty weak.

I wish they did more of the old "buy three V8 or whatever cars under 1000 pounds and drive somewhere and do silly shit" stuff. That and more car history kino with James.

Why did this show have to be shit

It would be a fucking billion times better if they fired the American fucktard driver and stop doing those shitty drawn out celebrity death jokes

Yeah the American isn't funny. The celeb death thing was funny at first.

desu the episode was on par with some of the sillier episodes of Top Gear

I'm hoping both of these things go away in S2.

I like the show, though. They need to use that budget to do more episodes like said.

I'm sure the American and possibly celebrity brain crash too will be ditched for series 2. Basically everyone hates them, and I'm sure Clarkson and co are aware of that

>Why did this show have to be shit
They're trying to be Top Gear without being Top Gear, if that makes any sense

ambitious but rubbish

>Why did this show have to be shit
Because the format has been stale for years but they're surrounded by yes men and retards telling them how brilliant they are.

Even the custom car segments they've done now have been shit. They look too nice. Before it was believable that they made them on their own but now it's blatantly obvious a team does it for them.

Both those features combined take up 10 minutes tops.

this. the whole organic car thing? give me a fucking break its not even funny anymore

Which is a fifth of the show and way too much.

This episode was by far my favorite and I've liked few episodes before this quite a bit.

So much fun and chill stuff,.

I loved it the most. This and the desert special are my favorites and generally good episodes.

It's infinitely better than nu-Top Gear but it has some rough edges that I hope will be fixed in season 2. Get rid of The American and celebrity brain crash, make the challenges a bit less obviously staged, and it would be just as good as the last few seasons of Top Gear.

I hate cars (I usually ride my bike to work or carpool with friends) but Grand Tour is amazing. It only sucks when they talk about stuff like mufflers or carborators or horsepower

nu-male cuck faggot

What if they converted horsepower into nu-male power so that it was how many nu-males would be pulling the car? Would that be better for you?

If Numale means being a guy that doesn't waste his money on trivial status symbols that cost tens of thousands of dollars and only serve to impress other guys in their pissing matches while fucking with the environment, and if Numale means being a guy with a world outlook that places importance on empathy and sensitivity to all people, then yes, I'm a Numale.

Come at me, bro.

This.

I was looking forward to this show - I thought it was just be those Top Gear Specials (North Pole, Botswana, Vietnam on a budget etc) on loop. Instead its the worst bits of TG - scripted jokes and cued audience laughter. Fuck.

The african special was pretty good, but it wasn't nearly as good as the other african special where they were trying to find the source of the nile

They were so obviously lacking in sleep and their delayed reactions to everything were hilarious.

>Clarkson uses a log as a parking brake
>Smashes out his rear window.
>Hammond walks back to see whats up.
>Stares at the broken glass on the ground
>Looks up at the window
>Comedy pause while he puts 1 and 2 together
>Starts laughing at Clarkson

That and when they successfully crossed the river and the backup car falls into the river in the background while they're wrapping up the segment

The Top Gear specials were genuinely good TV, except the India one

car bits are good, studio bits and the american are very cringe

does anyone know why they cant interview people? surely top gear cant have celeb interviewing rights?

is that even a thing

This one, with the VW bugs, just felt lackluster and done before

>Getting caught in the tide happened already in the South American one where they got attacked by the civilians
>Camping out happened in the african special
>Building that zipline for their cars was dumb and that animal weighing segmetn was legitimately half baked in the sense like how is this supposed to be funny and holy shit, people could have gotten legitimately hurt doing this

Drugging Hammond and flying him via helicopter was funny though.

When you get the meaning behind the game the show becomes better. They even joke about the people who expect it to be a total car show.

That said it has been a shaky season, but I love some episodes, I like some episodes, and I hate/dislike some episodes as with any show this kind.

That said the latest ep is my favorite.

>Easiest show in the world to make, just set them real, not fake, challenges and film the banterous results
>fuck it up

I wish they did the news like they used to

this conversation street thing is fun sometimes but the news with all its banter was the one thing you could count on in old Top Gear: even if the car segments were shit, even if the celebrity interview was shit, the news were always worth watching

Haven't watched a single episode. I thought basing the show in America was a mistake. I was right.

>basing the show in America
They've only done two episodes in America and most of their car segments and everything are done in Europe

Oh, well I did say I hadn't seen it. I'm pretty sure it's still mediocre and not worth watching. One review said it's only good in 4K. What the hell kind of recommendation is that?

It's very hit or miss. Some episodes are great from start to finish, others have good bits, and others like ep 2 are almost insulting in how terrible they are.

It's not quite as consistently good as old Top Gear was, but I'm sure they'll get there eventually. They probably know about all the criticisms and complaints people have with the show so they'll try to change and improve things in season 2. They're experimenting.

I actually find the celebrity death segments funny.

I mean, the first one was straight up hilarious, and the gag is getting stale, but it is still amusing.

It's bad but not as cringey as the American. The American is never funny.