Is there a genre where 'artists' have a shorter shelf life?

Is there a genre where 'artists' have a shorter shelf life?

better than being average indie band #213455 and not even getting your first 15 minutes of senpai

why did you post 9 pictures of the same person? it isn't like he got any style or anything. just 1 would have been enough

Now that I think about it you might have a point there

this

Pop.
When i was a kid the world was ruled by britney spears and the backstreet boys.
You can already see the 2010's pop girls being disposed of. Lady gaga, kesha, katy perry. By 2020 they will have been replaced by dua lipa, ariane grande, Bebe Rexha, Camila Cabello, etc.

Indie bands and rock bands have longer lives and fans that will stick with them
radiohead has been famous since the fucking late 90's.

yeah because average indie band #213455 = the most popular band of the past 2 decades

seriously cherry pick harder you dumbass lol

What im saying is there fans wont abandon them if they no longer top the charts.

The only way you lose fans as a rock band is if you put out shit music

and my original point was at least the soundcloud rappers get their one top charting single before they fizzle out your average rock band in 2018 doesn’t even get to top 100 anymore

Doesnt matter. Its about building a strong fanbase that will stick with you. not topping the charts

indie.

too many artists, too little famous names.

also if you call indie a subgenre of rock you're mentally retarded

Even most soundcloud kiddies have mentally ill drones slurping down everything they put out years after irrelevancy you can spin it anyway you want but any musical act can always have a “strong fanbase” that’s small and dedicated

let me put it this way m8.
Once those kids graduate from high school they will want something more mature. And the new crop of kids wont some played out soundcloud shit.

Juggalos, deadheads, deathgrips faggots,

I assure you 10 years from now there will still be hardcore deathgrips and radiohead fans, might be older, but they will stick with them

>still cherry picking established and extremely popular bands in the world and comparing them to your average soundcloud dunce

Stop doing that. That’s where you’re getting this entire thing wrong

look man, you dont want teenagers as a fanbase.

You want like a guy named steve that has computer programming job and wants to get noided on the weekends

In today's context hip hop has a very long shelf life, and if it was as old as rock music it would be considered to have a longer shelf life, too. Rock music's peak was at an older, much slower time. As a result it never had to change its sound at the rate hip hop does. There's also less of an expectation from it, too, thus it's easier to nostalgia to. Hip hop on the other hand constantly changes, and thus even something three years old can feel like it's outdated compared to something most recent.

no one but a teenager would '''get noided''' anytime

you’re assuming that Steve isn’t a massive faggot who listens to death grips and memerap

And don’t say bullshit because they’re all over this very board

Mainstream music is getting more and more disposable. If you don't have substance, the people who only care about popularity and relevance are gonna ditch you the second your 15 minutes are up. Tyler the Creator released one of last years best records, and Kendrick is still producing quality music, so I don't think their base is gonna ditch, but the hype is cools for everyone. Make good art if you wanna do it for life.

>Tyler the Creator released one of last years best records
jfc

Explain Red Hot Chilli Peppers

He did though. If your reaction is going off his previous work (which I never liked even when he had the hype machine behind him), the you're just being ignorant. Flower Boy's very layered, warm dreamy hip hop.

they’ve always been shit but have kept a loyal following all the way through somehow

An anamoly?

teenagers are fucking morons easily influenced by marketing.
steve has his own job and knows how to drive a car

soundcloud rap is fucking blip. Its crunk.
Its spectacle, its all image and no substance.

>teenagers are fucking morons easily influenced by marketing

and guess what user? Replace the word teenagers with people and that sent nice becomes even more accurate

yeah because marketing only works on teens that’s why every industry in the world spends literal hundred of billions a year solely on marketing, come on live in reality a little bud no certain age suddenly makes the average idiot less immune to marketing tactics that people have been using for centuries

Young thug is held in high regard even here.

Fetty Wap failed to capitalize on his hype and
only released trash after like 2 decent singles.

Future has been popping for years now, no end
in sight to his popularity. Also repped hard by
Atlanta.

Kendrick Lamar is probably the most popular
rapper in the world right now and he probably still
hasn't peaked in terms of popularity.

Chief Keef, same as Yung Thug

Tyler the creator has had an incredibly dedicated
fan base for almost 10 years now. Flower Boy was
his best selling album, 7 years after he debuted.

A$AP Rocky's musical output has been lackluster
recently but people are nonetheless hyped for his
new project. He manages to remain relevant outside
of his music due to his status as pop culture icon.

Earl Sweatshirt has a steady underground following.
He's kind of a dickhead tho so his Status as a Vince
Staples lite will remain even though his music is
arguably better, albeit commercially less accessible.

Who tf is bottom right? Meek? If so then he's repped
hard by Phillie. No city reps any rapper as hard as
Phillie does Meek.

All these artists have had very strong and loyal fanbases since the early 2000s, beside maybe Fetty Wap. Shelf life lasting the better half of a decade isn’t short at all.

2010s**

indie is literally soycore

Why are they all showing their teeth like that?

thats sgp not meek

No

You smart, you loyal, you grateful. I appreciate that.

Kendrick peaked with Humble

The decline starts with le Black Panther

>2015

very funny xd. include me in the screencap SENPAi XD

they're better than your favorite band

Pablo Honey is better than anything RHCP have ever put out lol

3 years is like the amount of time it takes for a band to make one album, in that short span of time all those people fell off the map

RHCP is the definition of teenage music

______ is the definition of ________

(you) (fag)

soyboy upset his shit band is getting rekt

>about half a decade is good

Literally who

/thread

But bands don't literally make albums for 3 years. Nowadays money is made off touring and album sales barely matter. That's why older bands made albums almost annually

I was just giving a sense of scale to relevancy window in this genre

>tyler, the creator & kendrick lamar
>releasing or producing anything good
>unironically believing this

>not being able to appreciate anything that doesnt sound like complete trash