Do you get praised by people for your playlists?

do you get praised by people for your playlists?

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/user/1233130761?si=pCjGCXflSK6RFqo2MVMGow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Playlists

No

idk how to make playlists

I honestly just play full albums at parties, apparently that's wrong

I used to, I guess. Learn to DJ, OP - they pay you for playlists. You've already got a developed sense of taste, all you need is muscle memory and practice.

making a good playlist is hard. making sure each song flows well after each other.

some people tell me they like my hip hop playlists, but its so much better to just listen to albums

>I honestly just play full albums at parties, apparently that's wrong
all you need to is play stuff from some good youtube channel and you're set

That's like the most boring way of playing music at a party

>albums

>playlists

I would sooner kill myself than listen to an album.

that's really fucking sad

>playlists

>playing with tits

>playlists

>not clicking shuffle and #YOLOing in the process

>playlists

clearly you dont go out in public very often.

0 arguments as to why playlists are bad lmao greentexting something and posting a picture doesn't mean shit fellas

>look i've made my own blawlbum! With other people's music!
have sex.

>wait a sec, enhance that frame

Do you have a playlist for when you get fucked in the ass soy boy?

none of the flow or cohesion of a well made album, also a really surface level way to listen to music.

I only get praised for how good I am at slaughtering pussy :(

if youre not retarded you can make a cohesive playlist. if youre at home obv its better to listen to an album, but at a party no one wants to hear the 3rd interlude or the 7th filler track.

do you think djs just spin one album at a time ?

pleb: making a playlist by just throwing vaguely similar songs together
patrician: precisely choosing and ordering songs in a playlist and adding smooth transitions to make a flowing, cohesive experience

>Mac Demarco
>Nirvana
>"heady"

>parties

>quiet ppl
w-what's in this playlist, Sup Forums?

>clicks shuffle
>lo-fi demo ripped from cassette
>user wtf is this trash? it sounds old as fuck

What is a mix?

>kys faggot

how about you pick the songs that you like the most from let's say 20 albums and play them in a somewhat decent order?

t.rockist

>listening to a dj is the best way to listen to music

your favorite album

a fancy word for a well-made playlist

Here's the playlist if anyone is interested

at least play a dj mix you fucking goon

I don't have any friends and I've never played music for other people

Yeah Ill generally make a Playlist for parties. Usually chill and nostalgic stuff broken up with funny hip hop skits and short ambient interludes. So the Playlist ends up being curated but then put on shuffle with a short crossfade. Sometimes I throw a curveball in there to get people chatting and shake things up. Ive gotten compliments from people I respect.

>be at work
>put a tasteful playlist with deep house, electronic pop & moody hip hop
>co-workers complain about it and put reggaeton instead
living in latin cultures is suffering

Wtf

Used to have a college radio show. I made playlists every week. People called in to give me praise.

>i'm so fucking autistic I can't fathom collecting my favorite songs from my favorite albums so I can listen to them when I please
Psuedopartricians are the worst

>listening to albums with filler

Nothing quite like some Lil Stevie to follow up The Seer

Who cares

don’t forget lou reed’s transformer in the 30+ playlist

this shit is public on spotify, listening to it right now
pretty nice stuff

That's not how the music was intended to be listened to. The artist put the songs in an album for a reason.

This is genius. Just looked these up ok Spotify.

Frankie cosmos. Velvet underground. Real estate, sufjan Stevens, beach house

Basically butt indie

What if I make playlists of full albums? Where do I fall?

I don't like the concept of playlists. The only case where they are acceptable is generic hip-hop if you want to dumb yourself down listening to trap sometimes.
Also
>hipsters
>nmh
fucking kek

I never really use Uber but now if I do I'm gonna assume the driver is judging me based off the music he plays

itt

Same hang in there breh

What have you been listening to lately, user?

>do you get praised by people for your playlists?
My friends who are plebs compared to me in terms of how much music I listen to always want me to chose music and always tell new people we meet at parties why I should be the one who DJs.
And they follow my playlists and actively listen to them because they say "it's a way to find music I never would've found otherwise", plus they in general turn to me for music recommendations/suggestions as I have introduced all of them to many artists/bands they otherwise never would've found themselves.

In the autism spectrum

I've been praised by a couple of friends not for any playlists but for the diversity of the stuff I have on my phone. It's not even really that diverse but when you've got both things like turbo folk alongside black metal or memey serbian war songs from the 90s together with some UK82 it's bound to turn a couple of heads.

Do you drive ever? Playlists are fine for driving to at the very least.

>he doesn't listen to full albums while driving

Listening to full albums is literally the most pleb fucking way of listening to music.

if the album's good it's not that bad

I'd have to take responsibility for the results then but I might try something quick like that thanks

>I listen to Migos, Playboy Carti, the list goes on

>haha im sorry friend but i dont listen to (c)rap musik
*proceeds to listen to metal and prog*

Even good rap should be listened to in full albums.

>implying trap is the only rap music that exists
o i am laffin

Holy shit lmao look at these buttblasted non-arguments and I don't even make or listen to playlists. Nice strawmen fellas, your autism is showing. Still literally no fucking arguments against playlists.

Its emotionally dishonest.

How are and not arguments?

I put some songs that can be kind of annoying and then I put the one I have more hopes to and they like it because they were tired of the others ones.

Driving around isn't a party, the one benefit of being a cab driver is that you can listen to what you want to at your own pace and the passengers have to suck it up and deal with it