Is there anything else like The Expanse?

Is there anything else like The Expanse?
ie. sci fi, set in space, intrigue and shit but without humanoid aliens.
Kinda bummed after blitzing the first season and now have to wait for a weekly fix of season 2

Babylon 5, be warned the 1st season is loosey goosey but from Season 2 onwards it smooth sailing, you're also going to have to get used to the special effects

Dark Matter

This

When does it get good

Season 1 Episode 1

when the characters start growing on you (despite being incredibly cliché). For me it was about midway through S1.

>tfw no betler gf
;_;

I've seen enough Star Trek so I'm not really up for aliens and shit. Maybe in the future (hurr)
Is Battlestar Galactica any good? That always seems to be mentioned

Thanks, will check it out

It's OK, you could never sexually satisfy them anyway

>Maybe in the future (hurr)
>Is Battlestar Galactica any good?

That show takes place millions of years in the past though

Stargate Universe is more drama than polticial intrigue and stuff, but it's surprisingly good. I love the other SG series and I dropped SGU twice before I gave it a decent chance. Unfortunately it got canceled just when it got really interesting. Still worth watching.

I meant I'll maybe watch in the near future.

So looking it Dark Matter the blurb reads like 'Lost' in space.

>without humanoid aliens
your choice is very very limited then
I can't even think of 1 show.

Shouldn't you be in the Elite/Star Citizen general?

Firefly
Dark Matter
The Expanse
Killjoys

Stargate and Babylon 5 are lousy with aliens though

Eh, it's not an opaque mystery metaphor thing like Lost is. There's certainly a plot device about everyone discovering their own backstories but their backstories are straightforward space opera stuff - one of them is a genetically engineered superweapon, one of them is a hardened space mercenary who was just a kindhearted farm boy before his parents were murdered, one of them is a millionaire CEO who had plastic surgery to impersonate a criminal so he could search for his wife's killer after the police failed, one of them is the rightful heir of a planetary royal empire, one of them is a cop, etc.

ah, good point about Firefly.

Killjoys and Dark Matter count too.
but don't watch those.

I agree aliens in SG are lazy most of the time. But I don't remember aliens in SGU, except for the Asgard in power armor thing for one episode.

BSG is the best sci-fi series of the new millennium.
I guess the cylons might be considered 'aliens' but, without getting into spoilers, it's not quite true

That british chick has a nice fucking ass

Babylon 5 is excellent.
Stargate is poor.

GAS THE BELT
SPACE WAR NOW

Fucking earthers, forever ungrateful. Leave the belters alone scummers. Even martians have decency compared to you lot.

Fuck off Cutty

>browsing Sup Forums or /vg/
Congrats, you just outed yourself as subhuman.

better than a resident Sup Forums pedo

I've grown over videogames and don't browse those anymore but there is absolutely 0 question in my mind that Sup Forums is worse

Depends on the part of Sup Forums.

Granted it was a better place before we people started trying to turn it into /trump/.

Legend of galactic heroes.

Pretty much right off the bat. Like said, the characters are pretty cliche (especially at first), but you get attached to them soon enough and it doesn't matter as much. Until that time you have an excellent atmosphere, interesting world, neat sets, and overall comfy vibes to keep you invested.

>neat sets
dropped this show after "space station" episode
BECAUSE OF SETS
too bad I don't have any pics on me
if they can't be assed to make sets, don't expect me to care

I just like how the ship looks and how it feels like one big congruent space between all the areas.

the ship is fine
but every place they visit is complete ass

I don't quite agree, but I can't really fault you at all for thinking so. The show is worth giving a chance at least. Watch it to the end of season 1 and see if you still don't care about it. It's only 13 episodes anyway.

it feels like it's been two years since season one ended. is this show cancelled or what?

Season 2 is on Netflix, bro. Season 3 is airing this year.

fair enough, I'll give it another try

holy shit i had no idea

why cant i locate a s2 torrent?

pretty sure you guys are getting what shows you're talking about confused

Season 2 of The Expanse hasn't aired yet, it will soon

Dark Matter season 2 has aired, and S3 will air soon

ah that makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

kek, I forgot this started as an Expanse thread