Be Alec Guinness

>Be Alec Guinness
>Acclaimed British actor
>Starred in such great films as Lawrence of Arabia, Bridge Over River Kwai, and Doctor Zhivago
>Be 1977
>Star in some fairy tale rubbish
>"Star Wars" the kids call it
>Playing this wizard dude called Ben.
>who gives a fuck, I'm getting paid
>film is released in theatres
>Think it'll be just another movie
>Turns out to be a global phenomenon
>What the fuck world.jpeg
>Try moving on with career
>All anyone wants you to talk about is Star Wars
>Some kid even tells you he's watched the shit over 100 times
>Cut that shit.gif
>Eventually move on with your life
>2000
>Die hoping your legacy to be your place in landmark, groundbreaking epics
>2017
>Your dialogue as a space wizard is meme'd on an anonymous image board, meanwhile, your just a cliff note of what you wanted to be known for
>YFW

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dxmE1FZOEpc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>"Luke did I ever tell you about Alec Guinness? Sir Alec Guinness CH CBE (2 April 1914 – 5 August 2000) was an English actor. After an early career on the stage, he was featured in several of the Ealing Comedies, including The Ladykillers and Kind Hearts and Coronets in which he played eight different characters. He is also known for his six collaborations with David Lean: Herbert Pocket in Great Expectations (1946), Fagin in Oliver Twist (1948), Col. Nicholson in The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957, for which he won the Academy Award for Best Actor), Prince Faisal in Lawrence of Arabia (1962), General Yevgraf Zhivago in Doctor Zhivago (1965), and Professor Godbole in A Passage to India (1984). He is also known for his portrayal of Obi-Wan Kenobi in George Lucas's original Star Wars trilogy, receiving a nomination for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. Guinness was one of three major British actors, along with Laurence Olivier and John Gielgud, who successfully made the transition from Shakespearean theatre in their home country to Hollywood blockbusters immediately after the Second World War. He also won a BAFTA Award, Golden Globe, and a Tony Award, as well as an Academy Award. In 1959, he was knighted by Elizabeth II for services to the arts. He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1960, the Academy Honorary Award for lifetime achievement in 1980, and the BAFTA Academy Fellowship Award in 1989. He was a good friend"

He was a good friend

What have I done?

Crashed your career

> Fall out with David Lean
> Become known for Star Wars
> No collaboration with Lean to remind people he is more than Obi Wan.
> Lean dies.

Did he ever talk about Herbert Pocket?

Just a reminder to not be too greedy and to avoid shit you wouldn't want to be remembered with.

Imagine if Tom Hardy (a great actor) gets remembered as the big guy.

is this the guy who had a mental breakdown when he realized he wasted his life playing pretend? lmoa

He will

for you

>if

>Luke did I ever tell you how I was arrested for performing a gay act in a public toilet? Yes I was caught sucking a mans penis and was fined 10 guineas. He was a good friend.

Alec Guinness made $300 million from Star Wars .. more than all of his other films combined. and more than any other actor on Star Wars by a country mile.

what a whiney little bitch he is. Lucas should slap him.

Luke, did I ever tell you about the Final Solution?

How?

He knew the masses would eat that shit up and got a percentage or royalties or whatever.

>In the final volume of the book A Positively Final Appearance (1997), Guinness recounts grudgingly giving an autograph to a young fan who claimed to have watched Star Wars over 100 times, on the condition that the boy promise to stop watching the film, because, as Guinness told him, "this is going to be an ill effect on your life." The fan was stunned at first, but later thanked him (though some sources say it went differently). Guinness is quoted as saying: "'Well,' I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. 'What a dreadful thing to say to a child!' she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities."[23] Guinness grew so tired of modern audiences apparently knowing him only for his role of Obi-Wan Kenobi that he would throw away the mail he received from Star Wars fans without reading it.

kek

Go on

he got 2% of all Star Wars royalties.

I mean, how would Lucas slap him if he's kill

>Be Peter Cushing
>Acclaimed British Actor
>Lose your wife in 1971
>Fall into deep depression
>Get a phone call from a young American director
>Get the part as a villian in a Space movie
>Have a wonderful time making the movie
>Movie wraps up, be disappointed your character was killed off.
>Reinvigorates his interest in movie making

>Be 2016
>Sitting in heaven
>Watching in mild amusement as star wars fans boys try to defend your honour over the director CGIing you back to life and them not knowing that You're not fucking Alec Guinness and don't bitch over things.
>Christopher Lee pops up behind you:
>"Forget them. Let's go have some funk, old friend."

fun*

f

Alec Guinness looks like a combination of Winston Churchill and Adolf Hitler.

Winston Churchitler.

I think there's some irony in the fact that both Lee and Cushing used to star in low-budget stuff, and Lee tried to go full Hollywood, but ended up in a Star Wars movie almost 30 years after Cushing.

The only people who remember him for Star Wars are plebs who he shouldn't care about anyway.

At least he wont be remembered for star trek insurrection

>Cushing was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 1982, but managed to survive for 12 years without surgery, although his health remained fragile. In 1989, he was made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire; his friend Christopher Lee publicly opined that the honour was "too little, too late"

>In an interview included on the DVD release of The Hound of the Baskervilles (1959), Lee said of his friend's death: "I don't want to sound gloomy, but at some point of your lives, every one of you will notice that you have in your life one person, one friend whom you love and care for very much. That person is so close to you that you are able to share some things only with him. For example, you can call that friend, and from the very first maniacal laugh or some other joke you will know who is at the other end of that line. We used to do that with him so often. And then when that person is gone, there will be nothing like that in your life ever again."

youtube.com/watch?v=dxmE1FZOEpc

:_;

with so survivors.

>YWN have a friend like Peter Cushing

He was a good friend

More Cushing for the pushing