Extended or theatrical?

Extended or theatrical?

Theatrical. Who the fuck sits down and watches a 4 hour film with nothing but retardedly long drawn out landscape shots? lmao

Extended

FOTR: extended
TTT: extended
ROTK: theatrical

If you're a hardcore fan, then of course extended. If you're a normal human being or you're watching the movie with people who aren't fans, then theatrical.

You might love the scenes showing Boromir and Faramir fighting together in Osgiliath, but I guarantee you that nobody else will care.

Fellowship: extended
Towers: theatrical
Return: extended

Extended for all because it means my gf won't want to sit through all of it and I get the house to myself while she hits the club with her friends

extended, always

Extended, for all.

My nigga. Extended RotK drags on too long and adds a lot of redundant or schlocky scenes to the film. Extended Fellowship is near perfect but a few of the added scenes in extended TT could be cut imo. Mostly the added scenes involving Merry and Pippin.

yeah bet shes getin fiucked hahah

ALL EXTENDED OF GTFO.

>saruman's fate cut out
>no eomer finding eowyn 's body
>no gandalf vs witch king

fuck off

This. Extended FotR is GOAT but extended RotK is dildos.

Theatrical, and there's no argument otherwise. The Theatrical Cuts of all three are perfectly edited and flow incredibly well. Each scene comes and goes smoothly, moving the plot forward and promoting character development for everyone.

>B-b-but... muh lore...

Lore is bullshit. It adds nothing to the story and serves only to playcate the fanboys, jacking off to shit they read in the books. Film is different than literature. Just because it works on the page does not mean it works on screen. And the so-called "comedy" scenes that are cut out of the Theatrical Cut are laughably embarrassing.

Things get cut out of a movie for a reason, and the reason is because they don't work in the context of the narrative. These scenes are better served as deleted scenes, interesting tidbits to watch after the movie. If you edit them into the movie, it completely ruins the flow.

Saruman's arc was already brought to a close with him being shown trapped in his tower. One could safely assume he would be indefinitely kept under watch

Eomer finding Eowyn's body was a good scene but it's one of the few good additions in the extended edition. It doesn't quite make up for the bad or unnecessary ones

Gandalf vs Witch King was retarded since it infers the WK was more powerful than Gandalf which isn't true. Plus it contradicts the earlier scene where Gandalf breaks Sauruman's staff and then declares him powerless but then Gandalf has his staff broken and he's still kicking ass and it's somehow repaired afterwards? Fuck that.

TTT adds in why boromir went to the council in the first place, and adds in the scene with faramir, boromir and denethor all at once where you can see the original family dynamic. for those two scenes alone, extended TTT is better.

The inference is that the witch king was drawing power directly from Sauron, who was growing stronger

jesus what a pleb

>muh flow
>muh pacing

in otherwords, you don't want an experience you just want a movie

As a fan, extended (except for Gandalf vs the Witch King).

First time viewers should always go theatrical though. Some scenes do mess with the flow and these movies are already fucking long.

Lore is story, idiot.

>He was drawing power from Sauron even though there was literally nothing in the movie to suggest this

Alright mate. Still didn't explain how Gandalf's staff was repaired either by the way.

yeah hahahah

who cares when you have lotr

Maybe her kid will watch it with you

Theatrical. I marathoned the extended cuts a few years back didn't really add anything for me. The extra scenes were cool but most of its filler.

neither. Your brain will thank you in a few years