What's with the "post-rock is dead" meme? Why is there so much hate for the genre...

What's with the "post-rock is dead" meme? Why is there so much hate for the genre? How do so many people say it all sounds the same when most of the popular post-rock bands sound completely different from each other?

Beastie Boys aren't post rock

same shit as the "post-rock is soy" meme

>le epic violin-core snare-rolling ambientesque crescendocore with obscure album arts xD xD xD

This, it just stems from the contrarian bullshit that this board is 80% based off of.
Who the fuck is even like this?

>Who the fuck is even like this?
Godspeed You

>Predate thirdwave post-rock
>Still get called crescendocore by teens that just learned a new musical term from Sup Forums

every time

>Still get called crescendocore by teens that just learned a new musical term from Sup Forums
That's exactly what I am. But it's also exactly how they sound, you fag.

I also hate this "xd its just crescendocore"
You realize genres of music are literally based off their traits?

>jazz is just saxaphonecore

crescendocore means it's shit though

faggot

no it doesn't

then we can adopt crescendocore instead of post-rock

no, because crescendocore is a fucking retarded name for anything

>Get copied by all the thirdwave bands
>Still get lumped in with them even though you were the first to make this style that's considered cliche, retroactively ruining your music
ill show you a fag

It's a fucking retarded name but it actually describes their music better than any other term. That probably means their music itself is fucking retarded, uh.

Wow, what a meaningless post my dude

>it s quiet den its loud dat mean its bad xd

>it s quiet den its loud
>he thinks crescendocore means that

this, haters of post-rock only because "muh crescendo" are retarded

Post-rock was all about experimentation and boundary pushing and using rock instruments to do the most un-rock things you could think of. Then GYBE and EITS came along, and that was really cool, but as time went on it was like, okay can we get back to the "experimentation" part, or are we just going to keep doing this crescendo thing ad infinitum?

The scene collectively chose the latter. Too bad.

So, like... it's woooooooooooooooo increasing instruments!!! FUCKING COOL!!!

Underrated

I'm not biased toward anything and there are many post-rock albums I enjoy, but... holy shit, that Skinny Fists sounds so fucking retarded to me, I can't help it.

Why did you make a thread about a dumb meme

I laughed