I can't believable no one on this board knows anything about this country

I can't believable no one on this board knows anything about this country.

Don't even know what country it is mate

the netherlands

It is a tiny version of Belgium, except the ruling dynasty there is French instead of Dutch unlike in Belgium

>world's only sovereign Duchy.
>multi-lingual, French, German, Luxembourgish
>people use each language based on situation rather than region
>tax haven

their capital city is pretty large desu

its little portugal with EU institutions and a gigantic goodyear factory

Sounds like a funny place

I can't believe Americans always project their own character onto others on this board.

Luxembourgish is very closely related to Transylvanian German

Their ruling dynasty is Nassau-Weilburg and the Belgian ruling dynasty is Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.

>Their ruling dynasty is Nassau-Weilburg

Nope

They are Bourbon-Parma

We taken over in 1965, and the Nobility there spoke French since Middle Age at least

>tfw finish the paperwork for citizenship tomorrow and still dont know anything about my home country.

Toothpaste

It's filled with portuguese, that's all I know

This, i know things about deutch...

>a fucking tax haven

I can't believable no one on this board knows anything about this country.

m8 I know more than you can imagine

it used to be our national sport to hide money from the taxman there

>and the Nobility there spoke French since Middle Age at least
yeah, thats the whole of europe, francois. or are you saying we're all english now as well?

anyhoo i have a lux bank account ama

our ruling dynasty is German m8, but I understand your mistake

I can't believable I knew OP's flag before seeing it.

>anyhoo i have a lux bank account ama

you're a honourary Belgian now

the main advantages are gone however :( Even the Swiss aren't 100% anymore you have to go to the Cayman Islands or similar

>you're a honourary Belgian now
b-b-but belbabwians are already honorary dutch, are you saying i am dutch twice?

yes i know there no tax advantage, but dutch banks charge money and lux banks dont

The most badass Czech king comes from there
>old
>went fully blind
>still charged into battle to die like a fucking boss

We have always been the Southern Dutch a.k.a. the Heterosexual Netherlands.

>Southern Dutch a.k.a. the Pedosexual Netherlands.
ftfy

butthurt dutchie, everyone knows your cunt is a breeding ground for cucks and faggots

Isn't he the last European king to die in battle?

>he wasnt sentient during the 90ies when there was a pedofilia epidemic in lelgium

t. Vereniging Martijn and the Party for Neighbourly Love, Freedom, and Diversity, a.k.a. the "pedo party"

There was the case Dutroux yes, is that an epidemic?

t. the country who has an actual political party of shameless pedophiles.

Your country has always been a festering boil of filth, decadence and pervertion.

I'm not exactly sure about that, but he was definitely the last European king who was this fucking alpha

"Toho bohdá nebude, aby český král z boje utíkal"

>"Toho bohdá nebude, aby český král z boje utíkal"
Literally wtf are you talking about?

But yeah its pretty interesting. Thought I heard it on youtube that the last euro king who died in battle was a blind king

God forbid the Bohemian king ever flees from battle

It's pretty much ours at this point. Tons of Belgians I know cross the border for work. I'm myself planning on doing my internship in Luxembourg so that I most likely can land a job there after I'm finished with my master next year.

t. live by the border

Well I mean what happened there really. Went from one of the lights of European civilisation to being a shithole, Like I get the Habsburgs won and then the west sold you to both Hitler and the commies but what's going on there from the perspective of a Czech? On the rise soon?

>low taxes
>3 languages (fr, de and imaginary shit)
>smaller than most cities
>top 5 shekels per capita
>BeNeLUX

PARMA STRONK

>shithole
nah, far from it, just feels a little eastern-european. everything is really cheap here, living standards are good, overall the most westernized slavic country. Also don't forget the beautiful historical places. Just visit Prague and you'll change your opinion. There's nothing to complain about other than the politics, shits corrupt.
>on the rise soon?
the country has been on the rise since commies were BTFO, its just going a little slow

Yeah but since when is Bohemia a slavic country man? And yes I'm aware of the expulsion. Still seems a little weird I guess.

Any other cool shit from history I would like?

>t. live by the border

Arlon?

>nce when is Bohemia a slavic country man?

Celtic. They're Slavic speaking Celts. Our long lost Boiic brethren.

What do you want to know about it?

Bohemia is just the biggest part of the whole country Czechia (or Czech republic whatever), in the past (faaar back) the whole place used to be called that but times change

Also what makes you think Czechs are not slavic? We have always been slavs bro, slavic language, slavic culture, slavic genes, look it up mang

There's shitloads of interesting history to this place, what immediately came to my mind is this:
During the hussite wars (basically a huge religious rebellion) the Hussites (people fighting against the supremacy of the church) used firearms for the first time in open field battles, and they called them Píšťala (flute) and Houfnice - from these words the English words Pistol and Howitzer were derived

I didn't know Crest Toothpaste had its own country

Cool

And I though Silesia was syllabic and Bohemia was German. Then there was some rebellion or whatever and the easterners took over. Not to due on the details. Might be mixed up and have a suspicion that I might be thinking of the Hussite's or something

Since when is Belgium Celtic? Your franks surely?

Good weed, horrible beer.

The rebellion you're thinking is just a movement to de-germanize the Czech lands, not because they were originally German, but because the area was initially """"de-czechised"""" by Germany. It was not really a rebellion, just a movement that ensured Czech culture wouldn't disappear

Franks are Celto-Germanic my friend. Essentially Gauls that started speaking Germanic. This is proven already by the names of some tribes that became the Frankish confederation. Tribes such as the Tencteri (Gaulish for "the faithful") or the Usipetes/Assipetes (Gaulish for "good riders"). The latter were already mentioned by Caesar for their cavalery.

This has always been a mixed Celtic and Germanic zone. Belgae were mostly Germanics who intermarried with Gauls and adopted Gaulish language and habits. Caesar called them the Germani cis-Rhenani. These also lived in the southern parts of NL, on both sides of the Rhine.

Over the years Germanic became predominant as a language, although Gaulish was spoken up until the 4rd century. When the Roman Empire became increasingly unstable, and the "Roman citizens" here had to pay a shitload of taxes for little or no protection, tribes organised themselves as the Franks, or "free ones", the ones who do not pay taxes.

Indeed

Eh who knows man. I would have thought that the "nationalist sentiment would have switched from Germanic originally to to focused on a slavic identity during the occupation by Austria and Germany. Making a national identity separate to the occupiers. Yeah man thought Silesia was Slav and Bohemia German. Don't know many cool stories besides the winter king and the defenestrations though

Cool man

Where did Belgium come from originally? Why isn't it part of the Netherlands? Was it the part kept by shown or something?

>country

Its rude to gossip

Gallia Belgica. Later it became the homeland of Salian Franks, from where they conquered France over time, establishing the Merovingian kings. (pic related)

Belgium was more separate from the Netherlands during history then together. We were a separate entity as the Southern Netherlands, and under the Spanish and Austrians. Under the Bourgondian duchy Flanders was the main driving force, the stock market was invented then (family Van der Beurze).

Hence we evolved apart mostly in the last millenium. Also they are protestant, we are catholic, and this was a big issue in the past. But it defined also who were are today. We even look different, we can pick each other out on pictures.

Where did Burgundy come from and what was the low countries doing before then? How did Burgundy take over it all?

t. EU4

>from where they conquered France over time

>French conquering their own country

Pic related

>on vacation in turkey
>shitpost on 4chinz
what kinda vacation is that?

meme french germany with dutch flag

It started in 1384 when a French prince of the House of Valois, Philip the Bold, acquired Flanders and Artesia (Artois) by marrying the daughter of the last count of Flanders Louis of Male, who was known for his defiance against the French king. His grandson Philip the Good acquired peacefully, through marriage, heritage and sale, the counties of Namur, Holland (including West-Frisia), Zealand, Hainaut and the duchies of Brabant, Limburg and Luxemburg. He further consolidated his power by acquiring control over the principalities of Liège, Utrecht and Kamerijk (Cambrai).

All these were independent before, and a personal union was guaranteed, meaning that all the individual members, now provinces, kept their autonomy including their own institutions, courts and traditions (something which has always remained a big issue here, even visible today, hence why some accuse us of having a provincial mentality).

The sovereign ruled over them through the "estates of the realm". These represented the three estates: nobility, clergy, and bourgeoise + peasantry.

Maybe the aristocracy, but Franks were formed from local tribes here m8, the names of those tribes are largely known.

The so called Franks are just French, the only non-French elements among us were the Gallo-Romano-Germanic pleb(Belgian, Dutch, German, Occitan) that we ruled

Referencing to Pannonian French

> - The two Bronze Age genomes, BR1 and BR2, look very present-day French, and probably western French at that, in both the Principal Component and Admixture analyses. Indeed, they clearly show a northern influence relative to all of the Neolithic farmers and the Iron Age IR1. And yet, BR2 belongs to Y-haplogroup J2a1, which is generally seen as a Near Eastern marker.

Referencing to Franks :

>Robert: The people found was buried at a Merovingian buriel site in Borgharen in the Dutch province of Limburg, they were wealthy and buried with locals. Artifacts found in the graves are consistent with the Roman-Frankish transitional period. Late Roman to early Middle Ages.Individual N15 J2a1b-M67 99%. Individual N20 J2b-M102 100% (probably M241). N18 possibly is J2a(a1b1-M92) when comparing to Ysearch database (done by Irakli).

eurogenes.blogspot*fr/2014/10/ancient-genomes-from-great-hungarian.html

>Robert: Jewish and/or Levantine connections are not mentioned in the dutch documents. Clues to their origins are the artifacts found in the graves: late Roman early Merovingian pottery, Venus Aphrodite hangers, Avar like horse equipment that seems to be found in Europe along the Danube and Rhine(Pannonia)

j2-m172*info/2015/04/three-j2-found-at-merovingian-buriel-site-roman-frankish-transitional-period/

What do you mean "we"? Your haplomemes comes from the aristocracy. Are you a nobleman?

Also you are basically pointing at the Celtic homelands. Plus there was a Frankish expansion later towards the Balkans. Hence why the city of Baja in Hungary is called Frankenstadt in German.

Even if the Merovingian aristocracy comes from Hungary, the commoners are certainly from here, that is well documented. And these commoners from here became the aristocracy in Gaul. So how much of your Pannonians remain even in the aristocracy of France? Meanwhile 90% of French are still basically Gauls.

>> - The two Bronze Age genomes, BR1 and BR2, look very present-day French, and probably western French at that, in both the Principal Component and Admixture analyses. Indeed, they clearly show a northern influence relative to all of the Neolithic farmers and the Iron Age IR1. And yet, BR2 belongs to Y-haplogroup J2a1, which is generally seen as a Near Eastern marker.

DNA say otherwise

That doesn't say a lot m8.

Also R1b* is still by large the most common Y-DNA haplogroup in France m8.

Come to think of it, we have quite some J though. pic related

What is Luxembourg?

Haplogroup doesn't matter without the right admixture

There are J2 in Turkey and Italy too, but all of you don't have that specific Pannonian Admixture which prove that you aren't related to Pannonia at all

Meanwhile French and some Hungarians (be it R1b, G, J2) carry that specific Pannonian Admixture

A city state 3 times older than your country.

are you talking about subclades?

I have the original Brabant papers I'll have a look.

I don't get whatever you can mean scientifically with "Pannonian Admixture" but I've got the J subclades here. Seems to be mainly J2a* and J2b2*.

I'm talking about admixture

Haplogroups only include a few SNPs while there are thousands upon thousands of other SNPs

Admixture = All Snps = Genetical closeness

Pic related btw

Leave our colony alone, filthy yank.