No political commentary

>No political commentary
>No pop culture references
>Gets better with each season
>Pretty relatable with atleast one character
Why dont people talk about this more?

One of the best of all time

The Middle > Malcolm in the Middle

we just had a thread about it yesterday. fantastic show that never lost its charm.
some people shit on the last season but i thought it was fine.

There isn't really much to discuss, shit's GOAT

8/8 b8 m8

The best live action comedy ever

>no political commentary
>Dewey regularly espouses "common sense" everyman religious and political views as a cipher for the writers room

Is Hal the GOAT TV dad?

First two seasons are top tier. It gets progressively worse as soon as Frankie's changes.

When someone says something isn't political, it usually just means it's shit they agree with

>we had kino race relations episodes like the one where Hal and the Steevie's dad get in an argument at a poker game and they subvert the racial angle and even poke fun at it "I will own you..well not that way" "Oh shut up!". It's funny and light-hearted and they don't dwell on the racial differences
>episode ends up with Hal and the fat dude being best friends, mirroring malcom and steevie's relationship and they all get ice cream

>15+ years later after a black president that had 2 terms blacks and whites are literally killing each other in the streets

Really boggles my noggin

you just know Hal was all up in Dewey's shit behind scenes

I don't know, man. I haven't seen any race wars in my town, and I have a feeling the overall interracial murder stats are probably down since the late 90s. I think that maybe, just maybe, you're simply older and more tapped into the ubiquitous 24 hour news cycle.

>No political commentary
False
Really motherfucker? Burning man and the Vegas strip episode ring a bell.
>Gets better with each season
Also false.
>Pretty relatable with atleast one character
What does this even mean?

Yeah you clearly don't remember hurricane Katrina.

>I've been redpilled recently and now see everything in a new racialized lens, therefore all past eras are candy coated and the current era is apocalyptic!
Fucking typical. Come back in 5 years when your shock at the world being the world wears off and you make some black friends at work, should you ever achieve employment.

The difference between back then and now is idiots finally realized what racism truly is, a means of gaining power oneself while everyone else suffers.

>no political commentary
There are a few but ok you were a kid when you watched it.
There are quite a bunch.
>gets better with every season
Like most shows they peaked in early seasons
>relatable
Yes.

One of the fucking funniest shows
They ended it at the right time too, which many networks have a hard time doing

Nice

My name is Earl > Malcolm in the middle

>Some old, ugly white bitch yelling in every fucking episode.

This show as aimed at autistic retards.

Because it was too good for words.

The Office US > My Name is Earl

>white bitch
hey pajeet

Very droll user.

Has there ever been a more blatant attempt to rip off a popular sitcom? Besides similar looking actors (not-quite Dewey is the most obvious ) they literally just took the back half of MITM's title. When's their new show 'Malcolm In' airing?

Reminds me off those obvious Disney knockoff animated movies designed to be distinct enough to avoid a lawsuit wih the Mouse but similar enough to trick confused grandparents into buying it for their grandkids.

>implying you retards wouldn't go bananas if it aired today
>a non-white woman for francis, whaaaaat?
>the nigga friends of hal are successful while he is a pathetic whitey with what weird fetishes, how dare they? REEEEE
etc.

The Middle has a different concept.

The Middle is better.

What? That they're *middle* class? Sounds about the same, my main mango

they live in the midwest and they are all average as fuck

probably the most relatable tv familyin comparison to the average ameircan family

How to marry Sue?

>muh anecdotal evidence

really makes you think desu

I always found it kind of odd how much they dropped the significance Malcolm being a genius had on the events of the show as the season went on. Like in the first season it revolves solely around him being super gifted while being part of a dysfunctional family and by the end of it, he'd say something intelligent once in an episode as a throwaway line to remind the audience how smart he's still supposed to be. They never went anywhere or did anything with it.He might as well been a normal teen by the end of it all

>>No political commentary
>>No pop culture references
>>Gets better with each season

I really enjoyed the first two seasons, but I found the series started getting stale in season 3. I found that they basically bastardized the show's original humor, which came from the basic formula of : Malcolm is placed in a situation because he is smart, but hates the fact that he is smart because it never actually gets him anywhere, and mostly keeps him from living a normal life. The series then became more of a LOOK AT HOW SMART I AM SERIES similar to The big bang theory. (Not saying it's nearly as bad as TBBT, just drawing the similarity)

Just realized what I just typed sort of contradicts what you said, but at the same time it doesn't totally. As the show got on, his being a genius felt forced and not necessary or important, making it shallow like TBBT.

the show ended, how much are people supposed to talk about it years after it finished? i hope it comes out in hd at some point.

That's not atypical for an honor student. Often they're simply a bit ahead of their peers but over time regress back to near the mean. How many child geniuses that go to college before their teens have you heard of becoming something great? Not very many. Malcolm simply ended up on the same path as so many others that came before him.

Linwood Boomer
Linwood Boomer
Linwood Boomer

Which of the boys was molested and developed a heroin habit?
He did an AMA on Reddit

urgh, sigh

*holds up paw*

that was proven to be fake.

link?