ITT: Unpopular Opinions

I unironically prefer the remake to the original.

The remake was retarded. It's monstly Sup Forums's fault though, I can't help thinking of all the pics of Chloe looking absolutely fridge-mode and then I laugh. Also the main character is a fucking ayy (I know it's set in New Mexico but seriously).

On the bus home there was a girl who actually had really similar facial structure to the girl from the original. It was honestly weird how uncanny it was

it did manage to top the original with the shittyness of the CG (quite a feat with that cat scene), not much else

anyone hype for the tv series?

Season 2 of this show was terrible and I may stop watching unless it picks up the pace in S3.

The walking dead is shit all throughout, some are just less shit than others
There's maybe only one or two "good" episodes per season

thats not unpopular.

LMI is superior in every way

The original is better if you're scandinavian and understand the language

>it did manage to top the original with the shittyness of the CG, not much else
Why I think the remake is superior to the original film:
>Established the setting much better
I literally had no idea when the original was set until a stray reference to Brezhnev over 30 minutes in. The remake tells you up-front and has a bunch more references as to the year the film takes place.
>Murder-man doesn't stretch my suspension of disbelief as much
While he does some questionable stuff in the remake, none of it is near the level of "I'm going to kill someone in a school's locker room right as everyone is leaving."
>Trap
This strikes me as a really unnecessary hold-over from the novel, and adds nothing to the film. Also the way they implemented the shot of the castration scar is really jarring when it would have fitted much more naturally into one of the other scenes.
>Kid actually has reason to leave his parents
In the original (I may have missed something here, if I did please tell me) I can see no reason why this kid would want to run off with a vampire fake-loli and abandon his parents. In the remake his mom is one of those religious types and his dad seems very distant.
>I actually feel a bit sympathetic for the guy vampire kills near the end
In the original Eli kills somebody who strikes me as a complete dick who doesn't care about his girlfriend and wants to sell one of his dad's possessions to make a quick buck. In the remake Abby kills a police officer who was just doing his job and seemed like a decent enough guy.
>No creepy CGI cats
While the CGI in the remake during the vampire attacks is definitely unnatural-looking, I think that may have been the intended purpose.
>Scored by Giacchino
Mostly nostalgia, I've liked him since back when he did vidya music.

That said, I do think the original did some things better, like having less gore in some scenes (Although I personally think this has more to do with budget restraints than anything else.)

A lot of people say Trailer Park Boys turned to shit when Swearnet took over but I actually found Season 8 to be pretty good, maybe even better than Season 7
Season 9 and 10 are merely okay, certainly not unwatchable like a lot of people claim

i enjoy the onslaught of sea-boots. there's nothing wrong with membering.

>anyone hype for the tv series?
What?

BvS is fucking garbage

Lockout is more fun than Escape from New York

that opinion is pretty popular though

But this is a popular opinion outside of Sup Forums - Contrarianism General

>In the original (I may have missed something here, if I did please tell me) I can see no reason why this kid would want to run off with a vampire fake-loli and abandon his parents. In the remake his mom is one of those religious types and his dad seems very distant.

He was seduced by a 100 year old grandpa in the body of a fake loli. That's the reason.

>seduced
This is one interpretation of both films that only has any merit if you focus on a few scenes and ignore literally everything else.

I think the remake is better than the original Evil Dead.

I liked The Counselor.

100% with you famalam. The original was way too melodramatic for my tastes.

Yes quite right, you really should let the right one in.

I appreciate the remake for its attempt at quality, but I just couldn't replace sweet Lina with Chloe after seeing Chloe as Hit-Girl. It just didn't work for me. Had I never seen Kickass, I might like Let Me In a little more, but Lina is still my favorite vampire.