Intellectual /trb/

Previous thread: >FM18 info:
fmscout.com/a-what-we-know-about-football-manager-2018.html

>Facepack (scroll down for torrent):
sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/1/cut-out-player-faces

>Real names and German/Japanese NT fix
sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/29149/fm2017-real-names-and-german-national-team-fix-file-beta-v11-for-fm17-beta-20102016

>Logos
fmscout.com/c-fm17-logos.html

>Hairpack
fmscout.com/a-debski-newgen-hairstyles-fm17.html

>Pastebin: FAQ, guides and extras
pastebin.com/qwvspy9X

>Macca's official /trb/ database 2015
pastebin.com/uj27eQhe
>2016
pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap

youtube.com/watch?v=KdYA3kniEL8

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41317495
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for journeymen managers

Help me choose my key midfielder

I would've taken left probably

Depends on what role you'd play them as.

also
>1cm height difference
>10kg weight difference

BBM or CM(S) depending on who else is playing, occasionally DLP(D) if I have an injury

right has determination, physicals and works harder, take him

Then I'd take right.

Grant is the better BBM, has more of a forward threat. Cullen is a bit more defensive however I think the difference is too small to really matter.

>fatass

Well this is pretty inconclusive. I'm going for Cullen because of his resolute personality, Grant is only balanced

Getting bored of all this new shit. h-here I go.

Please post Bebe stats

Skin hurts my eyes. Also who was even good 6 years ago? I can't remember shit. Except Babacar, obviously.

how good is Wasilewski?

I didn't load Belgium and I stand by my decision.

Match engine makes my eyes sting, too. I remember it looking much smoother..

I remembered Mario 64 to be awesome looking and smoother than any PS1 game. Well, the latter remains true.

sanogo
ganso
carlos fierro

I'm playing as PSG and have a 26 man first team squad.
Is this too large? I've sent extras on loan and to the reserves too.

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41317495
>Anti-discrimination group Kick It Out has contacted Manchester United to ask them to stop the club's fans singing a "racist" chant about Romelu Lukaku.

>It says the lyrics, about the size of the 24-year-old striker's penis, are "offensive and discriminatory".

>PSG

>I'm playing as PSG

a true contra-hipster's choice

Must be Zlatan's fault. Can't tolerate a club being successful without him.

>PSG
breh...

Cardenas?
Aguilar?

I also think Gabby may have been

He's no breh.

Thanks for the hate lads

Here's my starting XI

----------------------Dybala-----------------------
Di Maria------De Bruyne-----------Moura
-------Thiago Maia------Verratti--------------
Alex Sandro---Marquinhos--Varane---Bellerin
----------------------Ter Stergen--------------------

Didn't want to have too many superstars, so I slummed it with Thiago Maia and Lucas Moura

buy ronaldo and messi

>superstars
>bellerin
he's washed up and shit
sell sell sell

Has he officially retired? I always included him in my LCFC first team as often as possible, even though I objectively should have left him in the reserves.

adding a 600k loan doesn't count as profit you fucking mongs. We made 200k loss and the club is in serious financial trouble.

Do Spurs fans have a chant about Son Heung-min's tiny, yellow penis?

We even got taxed for this jesus fucking christ

Wasn't Douglas Costa OP as shit in that FM

Holy shit we actually did it, we beat Premier League Reading. A comeback win as well. The Europa League dream lives on.

I'm sorry for ever doubting you journalist man.

I love hard-working, pacey wingers that can cross.

I am looking for some advise on a transfer strategy for the summer.
This is my assistant's opinion of my first team squad at the moment, and we are currently in a comfortable 1st in the Championship. And with a promotion to Premier League pretty much in the box, I am wondering whether to go for a transfer strategy of:
11 decent vs. just a few very good players?
Young players with vs. old players that can play and work as tutors for a year or two.
Mostly free players vs. a few expensive players?
Are any positions more important than others in terms of getting quality players? GK, CD, WB, CM, ACM, ST?

yes

No.

get whatever you can get mate

personally i've found that a lot of players that are PL quality won't want anything to do with you for the first season, and you're unlikely to be able to offer decent PL wages

i'd say forget worrying about specific types of players and just see who's willing to join, whether that's more experienced veterans, or younger players with a bit of potential

use of the loan market is very important too, abuse the limit of 5 per matchday squad (but remember you can only have like 2 domestic loans and 1 from a single club so pick the english ones carefully)

you'll be lucky to get in as many as 5 actual premier league quality players in your first season in my experience

maybe

Happy with the draw.

I'd go with a few very good players to compliment the rest of the squad. I have no idea how good your squad is but if I were you I'd pay big money for a striker and a CB. Also a playmaking midfielder. A striker is essential though, you need someone who can score from the chances you get, which may not be many in some games.

Shame.

>calling people out for not shitposting for once
bad post

Thanks, I will definitely go for a couple of CDs, a good MC and a Striker, as a few injuries might force me to play a CD trio with an average age of 18, and almost no technicals over 10. They will have to bee free transfers, I think :|

>play against 1st divison team
>use Defensive mentality
>concede 2
>switch to Contain as I already knew the match was lost and didn't want to concede any more
>we score

How does that happen, we hadn't even had one chance in the entire match.

maybe they started sitting deeper after taking a 2 goal lead? idk how contain works, it's basically 'defensive' but without any counterattacking, right?

Not my fault that Stockport's board refused to think long term. For real though they both refused to look for senior affiliates and had no faith in the youth system. What can you do.

>still no England caps

>start using two AFs up front
>it actually works well

My striker definitely is having a good season, too

make that two MCs

oh fug
and good luck offloading him afterward considering the giant wage he's on, too

I wouldn't cap him for England given how SI massively overrates English youth. In real life, definitely, but SI probably has like 5 better strikers who all score 50 goals a season or some shit.

Well, first goldenb all on this save. He also won the WPOTY award.

Do you guys get angry while playing FM? I usually don't, but this save is driving me crazy. The league leaders had lost and we would've gotten close to them, but we just lost against a team in the relegation zone. I literally punched the desk.

When my players tend to do something very stupid. The bar for that is pretty high, else I would've been having tantrums every five minutes.

what FORMATION does /trb/ use?

4-4-2 diamond with wbs pushed higher

the "I give up, we're just counterattacking again"

-------DLF---AF

-------CM---AP
-WB----BWM-----WB
-----CB--CB--CB
-----------GK

defensive, fluid, short passing shitball
AKA the "please score on corners against me, AI" formation

5-2-3-0 WB counter

Fuck off Nerman

>Messi Appreciation Award

E X P O S E D

omar doing the deed against his former club

>when you have loads of options for captaincy/penalties/free kicks/corners but don't have a single player suitable for captaincy/penalties/free kicks/corners

delete where applicable

>there is a leadership void in the squad

forgot to add
>captain and VC contracts running out and not going to renew them

Kill me now, my academy costs £2 million a year to run and we'd be making a healthy profit each year if it wasn't for it.

>only okay player is a fullback
>we don't use fullbacks

Does your HoYD have a preferred formation that differs from yours?

>these threads still exist

That's what you get you cunt.

Aside from a few gems, defensive players are too often terrible technically. If tall, retrain to CB. If not, retrain to Wide Midfielder or DM/CM. I actually welcome FBs even when I don't use them: I retrain to WM and suddenly I have a >wonga who can tackle without fouling.

Yeah, but I've never seen a HOYD with 3-4-3 as a preferred formation.

He's not responsible for bringing bad (or good) players in though. You can go on for two years and you'll still see about the same quality of regens.

Well I guess I'm a bit spoilt after my first intake that produced 4 players that are now first team starters, this was back when we were in the Conference North.

That was some miracle intake lel.

In FM15, Youth Coaching has the most influence on the quality of the regens; or at least, on their potential IME.

I don't even know anymore lads

We lost 0-1 to Ipswich just before this whooping

Must be the own pitch advantage

>Tfw winning twice against the league leader, once in the cup and the other blowing them the fuck out 3-0 at home
>tfw 1-1 against a team desperately looking to avoid relegation

how's naismith been? worth the 9 billion or whatever you spent on him?

this is entirely anecdotal and probably bs, but it seems to me that the first youth intake in a save is always very good relative to the level of the league/facilities/etc.
in my first intake we got 3 players who were poached very quickly by tier 2-3 english clubs, plus 2 more who would already be starters if we hadn't been promoted. in my 2nd intake I got 1 guy who MIGHT make it professionally. I've seen this happen several times

eh,not good. but 9 million isn't really a lot for me and he still has his uses.

I guess he didn't McStay.

extremely good post

this is going to take a while

wanna trade 10%?

LGC still a shit

This seems like an unrealistic amount of transfer offers.

I get that many by window in Slovenia. Turns out 14 years old kids straight out of the intake who will never make it to the 1st division are already an improvement over whatever shitters the 4th division has. A good combo of awful youth rating, awful youth setup, awful money, and awful country.

i have had way more than, it's litteraly 40 clubs wanting one player on loan or something

okay, now what the fuck is this? is the AI trolling me? is this the epitome of parking the bus?

No. When the AI wants to park the bus, the play 8/10 times 5-3-2 or something similar. I recall seeing something worse than that recently. Ancelotti liked to play a Christmas tree with PSG.

guuuuuys.. no one wants to sign for me..

Good thing he fucked off to buyern then
how to counter that shit tho?

have you tried sucking off their agents?

these are the players that are willing to sign for me

these are the players of my rivals.

hmm
hmmmmm

just be yourself and keep trying. things will get better, I promise

the board wants top 6

Try playing wider, but you could get busted in the axis.