Scenes in movies that always make you cry

We all have one, that one scene in a movie that you can't help but tear up at.

Hard Mode: No LotR

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vOoWpTxKJGA
youtube.com/watch?v=TW-tcUYwQnc
youtube.com/watch?v=xbutW_ouy60
youtube.com/watch?v=oj4XdHR6WVI
youtube.com/watch?v=Yw23nF7YMAM
youtube.com/watch?v=NcTxf8zoErc
youtube.com/watch?v=mszANpbvdM8
youtube.com/watch?v=Mapr5l9SuYU
youtube.com/watch?v=eltUeENmR5A
youtube.com/watch?v=ODTzRSyG94Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ahlm-91krew
youtube.com/watch?v=RDK7_XkGmVw
youtube.com/watch?v=7eeijbtbnjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EejUcrRgEsE
youtube.com/watch?v=qi4QJReVWhE&
youtube.com/watch?v=-VGajDTNKFU
youtube.com/watch?v=_vq27lUV_5g
youtube.com/watch?v=eBa2Mm-nP50
youtube.com/watch?v=RI9eS4tVvZk
youtube.com/watch?v=hg7hAwUGQmo
youtube.com/watch?v=EZSj_UA9_u4
youtu.be/27_H7xumAbA
youtube.com/watch?v=OFVk5xVK7vs
youtube.com/watch?v=W6GDil0rGls
youtube.com/watch?v=vrmFA5aHg7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=nvaWwyA-s3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=fIAQGpiaSDw
youtube.com/watch?v=bgH3cGW6mbo
youtube.com/watch?v=px0j1EHF8Y0
youtube.com/watch?v=TwlwBR1XFB8
youtube.com/watch?v=93JqK32LqW4
youtube.com/watch?v=phFISjORzQs
youtube.com/watch?v=rDjmDHiSTm8
youtube.com/watch?v=dyEnW6zeesY
youtube.com/watch?v=spnE1xRRamw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nice pick, OP. Same here.

and pic related

The end of schindler's list at the very end, where is showed how many of those dirty rats survived

I didn't think I'd like that movie but I really did. As for me

>Bubba was my best good friend. And even I know that ain't something you can find just around the corner. Bubba was going to be a shrimping boat captain, but instead, he died right there by that river in Vietnam.

The Club Silencio scene in Mulholland Dr
The final scene in It's a Wonderful Life
The New Year's Eve Party scene in The Apartment

Ignoring most of your post, that was a great scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=vOoWpTxKJGA

never forget

who is man (or woman) enough to admit that this gets them every time?

>No LotR
No problem.

I'm not going to get sad over a self aggrandizing asshole getting his comeuppance.

but deep down he's alone

Green Mile where they execute the big guy

Every. motherfucking. goddamn. time.

youtube.com/watch?v=TW-tcUYwQnc

>I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

youtube.com/watch?v=xbutW_ouy60

Brrraaapp.

This thread is stupid.

It's cheesy as hell, and defies the law of physics, but the sight of Boomer the dog outrunning a wall of fire makes me tear up every time. Maybe because it's just the idea of a poor, innocent dog coming so close to being roasted alive...?

youtube.com/watch?v=oj4XdHR6WVI

that scene makes me smile

It's the part where she realizes he loves her at the party that always gets me

That scene makes me feel but so does this one youtube.com/watch?v=Yw23nF7YMAM

>You're a good man Boss Howel. You too Boss Hatchett. I sure wish I coulda met you guys somewheres else

youtube.com/watch?v=NcTxf8zoErc

>I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time.

How quickly and deeply I broke in to sobs at this scene surprised me.

youtube.com/watch?v=mszANpbvdM8

youtube.com/watch?v=Mapr5l9SuYU

Fuck anyone who disagrees. This was more emotional than any actual Star Trek moment.

it"s a shit film but my brother died two years ago. we didn't like each other and this part makes me laugh/cry because we did this shit all the time Miss ya bud

youtube.com/watch?v=eltUeENmR5A

I've never cried to a movie but for some reason this duck commercial makes me cry. I always switch it really quickly before the duck makes the *quack* sound which triggers me to cry. They've been playing this duck commercial for over 5 years now too.

youtube.com/watch?v=ODTzRSyG94Q

Didn't really like the movie, but this scene is impossible to watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=ahlm-91krew

youtube.com/watch?v=RDK7_XkGmVw

Theres 3 that come to mind instantly
Lone survivor when Danny Murph and Axe are getting killed
American sniper at the very end when it shows the funeral procession
Perfect strom during the funeral

youtube.com/watch?v=7eeijbtbnjQ

>What are your legs?
>Springs. Steel springs
>What are they gonna do?
>They're gonna hurl me down the track
>How fast can you run?
>As fast as a leopard
>How fast are you gonna run?
>As fast as a leopard
>Then let's see you do it!

>I wish I'd stayed too. I wish I'd done a lot of things... I wish I'd stayed. I do.
>What if you stayed this time?
>Come back and make up a goodbye at least, about time we had one.
>I SAW SOMEONE TALKING TO A PRETTY GIRL! Who was she!?
>Oh, just... just some girl.

That entire ending to the memory deleting process just fucking kills me every time, then I'm fine, then the end hits me again, but not as hard. Love this movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=EejUcrRgEsE

this should have been the movie to win him the Oscar. hands fucking down.

then again never go full retard.

actually the part at the end when he pretends to have a date and then just walks past the girl...that's the part i meant.

Jesus christ this is genuinely good acting from him. What the fuck happened? He just seemed to go hammy as fuck as he grew up.

This whole montage in Ghost Town was surprisingly touching, especially this bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=qi4QJReVWhE&

I've little sympathy for druggies but this scene kills me.

conservative Murica pleb detected. no offense, user. You seem to be moved by shallow movies.

One of my favorite movies of all time. What makes it so incredibly sad is their entire race is so child-like in nature.

I always say that was one of the only films I've liked the guy in.

Plus, the end of Babe...

youtube.com/watch?v=-VGajDTNKFU

>Explain as you would a child
>We pretended. We lied.
>But whyyyyyyyyy

God I love this movie.

got money, got old, got coke.

Imagine Titanic coming out, propelling you to worldwide stardom. You're handsome, you're rich, you've got your pick of roles and your pick of women. You have an entourage following you around everywhere, telling you daily how awesome you are. Cute baristas smile at you and slip you their phone numbers. Every man you meet wants to be you.

Now...before all that, you were just another hungry actor trying to stand out in the crowd. You knew what adversity was like, and you knew the fear of the phone calls stopping and your agent dropping you. So when a great role came your way, you gave the best performance you were humanly capable of. You poured everything into it.

But now that the world's at your feet...all you have to do is show up. Sure, you're not a *terrible* actor, but as long as you play yourself and look somewhat sincere doing it, the paychecks will keep coming and the supermodels will keep putting out.

Leo doesn't try anymore because he doesn't have to. And nobody close to him has the nerve to tell him that he's adequate at best.

youtube.com/watch?v=_vq27lUV_5g

Willing to risk death to see it all. also the sadness of him beating the shit out of the wall hit me hard.

Fuck me, jim carrey needs a good role soon. Dude can kill it

Severely underrated movie.

I can't believe we almost got Galaxy Quest 2. Odds are it wouldn't have been as good, but I'd have liked to give have given it a chance.

Fuck, I can't believe Rickman's gone.

My old girlfriend's brother was retarded and I always thought this movie was a pretty close representation of how heavily retarded people are. Pretty much everyone I know thought his acting was really hammy and overblown in this but I don't think they really had a lot of interaction with retards. The part where you can see on his face, him sort of realize that something is totally wrong is the most true part - along with smacking himself on the head. It's like they're trying to jolt their brain into coming back to reality.

pur kino

I never understood what exactly it was about this ending that makes me get teary eyed every time, but I think you described it pretty perfectly. Willing to risk dying for a chance at... well, I guess life.

The ending scene where George realizes just how important his life is.
youtube.com/watch?v=eBa2Mm-nP50

youtube.com/watch?v=RI9eS4tVvZk

The very ending of this where he reunites with his family.
youtube.com/watch?v=hg7hAwUGQmo

youtube.com/watch?v=EZSj_UA9_u4

God this scene kills me.

>TAP TOMMY, IT'S OK
>I LOVE YOU TOMMY
youtu.be/27_H7xumAbA

Was there a reason this was cut from the theatrical version? It's fantastic.

Run time and they wanted to focus on the action.

Grave of the Fireflies ending. Every damn time.

I never understood this.

>YEAH LET'S CUT THIS DOWN AND MAKE MORE ROOM FOR ACTION AND BIG CGI ELEMENTS AS OPPOSED TO FLESHING OTU THE CHARACTERS MORE
>In a movie adaptation wherein it was nothing but character development and story, very very little action.

The scene in Master and Commander where Blakeney is trying to stitch up his dead friend with one hand.

>No. I'll do it.
>...
>Can you help me?

"Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Good Night"

shit i havent seen this in so many years but i need to see it again.

>Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the airport, protesting me, spitting. Calling me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me, huh? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

Funerals make me sad man, yeah american sniper was only made to pander to americans and lone survivor while a good book and cool event to learn about is really just an odd movie because they take a month or so of a dude being out in bumblefuck afghanistan and turn it into like a week.
Also im not a conservative

youtube.com/watch?v=OFVk5xVK7vs

>I will see you again
>But not yet
>Not yet

Russell Crowe kino

Earn this...

That is the oldest film that actually scared me.

Didn't expect to lose it during Bone Tomahawk, but I cried twice IIRC.

youtube.com/watch?v=W6GDil0rGls

This is the only legitimate "cape-kino" fight.

>when he stands up and salutes at the very end

This is the one that kills everybody, and while it made me cry too, in retrospect it was an easy tearjerker, pets/animal stuff always gets people worked up.

Now Luck of the Fryrish, that ending absolutely destroys me.

youtube.com/watch?v=vrmFA5aHg7Y

The ending scene of Hair
youtube.com/watch?v=nvaWwyA-s3Q

That actor knows how to make you get emotional. He had plenty of practice as Jack on Lost getting all worked up everytime Kate did something stupid and fucked him over.

If we are posting tv shows.

youtube.com/watch?v=fIAQGpiaSDw

just watch it fag and cry.

youtube.com/watch?v=bgH3cGW6mbo

>You are who you choose to be...

>filename
God damn

FUCK YOU AND I WILL CRY. I AM ALREADY, BECAUSE I REMEMBER THIS FROM WHEN IT FIRST AIRED.... BITCH.

>LOVE IS STRAAANGE.... P.S. i love you

i tear up every time

finally! I saw this at too late an age to honestly say it made me cry, but it's moving for sure

I repeat DO NOT WATCH

youtube.com/watch?v=px0j1EHF8Y0

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope kys yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=TwlwBR1XFB8

>Now Woody, he's been my pal for as long as I can remember. He's brave, like a cowboy should be. And kind, and smart. But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.

Sorry for your loss, friend.

ahhh fuck... i cried like a bitch in the theater.

also youtube.com/watch?v=93JqK32LqW4

2010 was underrated. I also mist up at
>something wonderful

I don't know if you've seen this put its pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=phFISjORzQs

Ikiru
youtube.com/watch?v=rDjmDHiSTm8

>he was stabbed in the throat. He died almost instantly.

this is pure evil at the finest point.

This bit in Forrest Gump. Damn based Hanks is a great actor.

He is the greatest actor of our age.

youtube.com/watch?v=dyEnW6zeesY

When I found out that he was collecting the signatures for his father.
Also
>medicine for goat

I thought Captain Philips was pretty good until this scene which elevated the whole film at least 1-2 points. His depiction of a man who has gone through trauma was astounding really.

car accident happen, but also he should not have fucked a chink who was cuckolding him.

youtube.com/watch?v=spnE1xRRamw