ITT: 10/10 albums from the 80s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o1_0BoziWEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4S_Ia24fjg4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Name a better movie soundtrack from the 80's.

>it hasn't been posted yet

based

>Slick Rick
>10/10

Wow that was easy

Yeah, that's up there for sure.

>Blade Runner
>The Terminator
>Transformers: The Movie
>Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
>The Thing

Close but no cigar

Fuck Night Time overrated af dance album

Thriller was a 10/10, Bad is like a 9.

Good lads

Off the Wall and Bad are better.

The singles on Bad are fucking great. I don't think anyone disputes that. Speed Demon, Just Good Friends, and Another Part of Me drag the album down. Should've replaced them with Streetwalker, Fly Away, and Leave Me Alone. Would've been a 10/10 album then.

Will agree on Off the Wall.

Objectively the greatest pop album of all time.

are you fucking insane? Just Good Friends and Another Part of Me are literally the best songs on the album.

Are you? They really weren't good songs in 1987 and they've aged the worst of any of the songs on the album. They pale in comparison to Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel, Liberian Girl, Man in the Mirror, I Just Can't Stop Loving You, Dirty Diana, and Smooth Criminal.

sure, the production is super 80s, but the songs are brilliant. i had no idea somebody could dislike those songs.

After hearing Streetwalker and Fly Away I was absolutely baffled as to why those were cut from the album instead of Just Good Friends or Another Part of Me. They're way better songs. Leave Me Alone has been grandfathered in with CD releases, but it wasn't on the original release of the album.

Sure SFTBC deserves a spot, but pic related deserves it *MORE*

Really was great. Purple Rain is the worst song on it IMO

no fucking way is JGF and APoM worse than bullshit like Speed Demon and I Just Can't Stop Loving You. You're outta your mind senpai.

the hurting is better than both of those

Honestly those 3 albums are all full-on amazing.
I'd argue some of the back half songs on The Hurting make it the least of the 3, but the fact that that was their debut....damn. Amazing.

Given the circumstances of half the duo leaving & the peak of mid-90s cheese, Elemental and Raoul are solid albums, as well (particularly the former). Even Roland's solo album from the unfortunate timing of being released on 9/11/2001! Sadly the 'reunion' TFF album really sucked, IMO. So did their two new songs for their greatest hits :(((

TERRIBLE LIE

I accidentally bought this on vinyl a few years ago and was surprised when it just happened to be the best post-punk album ever made

youtube.com/watch?v=o1_0BoziWEQ

are u ok

>no fucking way is JGF and APoM worse than bullshit like Speed Demon
They aren't, which is why I advocate removing Speed Demon as well. As for I Just Can't Stop Loving You, that's bullshit, it's a fantastic ballad. Unlike JGF and APoM, it actually hit number 1. APoM only topped out at 11 and JGF wasn't even released as a single at all.

I think An Innocent Man might be better, but I actually own this one.

undisputed best of 85

You know an artist is at their peak when they can churn out a double album. White in the 60s, Song in the Key of Life in the 70s. SOTT in the 80s.

but that's not his best

This

Thought about it for a while and it's probably this.
youtube.com/watch?v=4S_Ia24fjg4

This also
>Released September 10, 1990

Ying tong ying tong ni hau ching chong

Can't believe no-one posted this yet...

It was released in the 70s ya doof

Yes.
No.
No.
Yes.
No.
No.