Farewell speech on the tonight show, "All I ask is one thing...

>farewell speech on the tonight show, "All I ask is one thing, and I’m asking this particularly of young people: please don’t be cynical. I hate cynicism, for the record, it’s my least favorite quality and it doesn’t lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen."
What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2doZROwdte4&t=10s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sometimes in life you get screwed over, but don't let it turn you into a pessimist.

Good advice that this awful website won't heed due to contrarian nature

that's a jimmy fallon quote hahahahaha op

ahahahahaahah hahahahaha

>awful website

then go back fucking cancer

A little late for that eh lads

worked well for him, huh?

Lol. I've been coming here for years and I wont stop due to habit, but your kidding yourself if you think this place has is healthy.

But it's not tho

This place has IS healthy, user.

Just because you only visit the most popular boards doesnt mean its a shit site. /adv/ has pretty nice people and /po/ is the friendliest community ive ever met.

the most popular boards are shit, but that's what makes them the best and most fun t b h

>Sup Forums
>friendly

Literally only if you follow the hivemind.

Pretty hard to be unfriendly in a hugboxing echo chamber where you repeat the same views and opinions.

The irony is that if he were more cynical, he'd still have the Tonight Show because he would've had the foresight to make sure in his contract that they couldn't move his time slot.

you redditors are actually autistic
getting triggered at the mere sight of something that looks like Sup Forums

He said /po/ not Sup Forums

Origami artists are actually pretty friendly.

i love conan
he really wanted the tonight show

That's what I meant, /po/ is pretty elitist and take their paper craft too seriously. Sup Forums is fine.

He's right, millennials are such cynical fucks for the sake of it. They have no reason to be, but they do it so they can be seen as "enlightened". They truly are a shit generation

He wanted an actual talk show. Jimmy Fallon has just turned it into a series of mini game shows.

>life advice from rich as fuck guy

>wildly successful person telling unsuccessful people not to be cynical

>just work hard goy and stay positive no matter what lmao

nazis LEAVE!

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

he has to be somewhat cynical to make fun of himself like he does all the time.

If people dissagreeing with you hurts your feelings then thats your problem

>p-please dont m-m-make fun of m-me

HAHAHA
Faggot.

Oh the irony.

I feel like that could be a SJW argument.

>If you make fun of your own traits you're making fun of others that share that trait with you.

He frequently laughs at himself tho. Watch his Dartmouth commencement speech

there is no irony there. he's right. you can't handle the banter.

Sup Forums get annoyed at user who disagree with them, but they will just smash those user with bantz until they claim they're "over it" in some passive aggressive way or the thread is mod nuked.

whereas you literally get your feelings hurt.

Cynicism is definitely overdone at this point. People actually try hard to be cynical just because they want to emulate comedies.

>I feel

there is your problem

you autists
he said /po/ not Sup Forums

Whoa back off buckaroo, who are YOU to tell ME i have a PROBLEM? Did you wake up this morning in your entitled bed eat a bowl of entitled-O and hop on your computer to start spreading HATE and VILE language at anyone at RANDOM. NEWS FLASH! You cant and wont be allowed to do so when WE yhe suppressed MAJORITY finally stand up and TAKE CONTROL of this site. So enjoy it now because soon you and YOUR FRIENDS wont be welcomed here.

not sure if serious

>Implying he was always rich as fuck
Jesus you're pathetic

IMPLYING MONEY MATTERS

HE'S AN ENTERTAINER, THEY JUST WANT TO BE LOVED

HES GETTING CANCELLED, HES GONNA KYS HIMSELF

Sup Forums's cynicism is healthy. The cynicism runs so deep that you become cynical towards cynicism itself and realize the mistake of confusing cynicim and realism, that the true value of cynicism is skepticism.

You become cynical towards yourself. Normies tell you to love yourself, but loving yourself and being a pretentious narcissist comes naturally, what a useless empty platitude. If anything you should hate yourself to counter it. Or just have a neutral objective attitude. Regardless you are a naturally evolved great ape that crawled out of the primordial ooze, your flawed body will decay in just a fraction of the time the universe has existed, you are unworthy of life, your hedonistic goals are petty and pointless. The only value in your existence is to bring about the existence of something greater to replace you when you finally fall apart and you should hate yourself for every second and ounce of effort not devoted to this task.

>mfw it's a plea to not be like trump, and nobody gets this

He said this years before the election.

This video is related to Conans argument
youtube.com/watch?v=2doZROwdte4&t=10s

Back to you containment board

Conan is kill?

There's nothing wrong with being positive

I didn't come on this board to thought-provoking discourse user keep it out of my feed next time ta

and it's a raging success

Cynicism got Fraiser his own tv show.

Sup Forums autists who cry about genuinely good actresses and good films btfo

Same fucking board.

>Hates cynicism
>works with comedians

I call bullshit

um...........WHAT?

CONAN IS GOING OFF AIR?

Redpill?

Ok, here's a few.

Only 1.8% of any Americans owned any slaves. The RICH 1.8%. And this was when slavery was at its peak.

>1.8%

3000 free RICH black men owned black slaves in 1860

>3000 black slave owners in 1860

The FIRST owner of a black slave in the colonies was a black man who brought his slave with him. The slave thought he'd be free on American soil but his owner challenged it in court. And won, setting legal precedent.

>First owner of a black slave in America, was black

Slavery was how many African nations got wealthy. But they got greedy and started kidnapping and enslaving white Europeans. Several million white Europeans were enslaved in North AFrica between 1300-1850. So Europe made slavery illegal so that they could force Africa to stop enslaving white people. Africa told them to fuck off. So Europe went to war with them, and to free the white slaves (First Barbary war). Africa was soon at it again, so boom, the 2nd Barbary war had to happen, only this time, Europe stayed put in Africa to keep slavery from happening again. France took control of the Algerian coast (start of French Foreign Legion) and this started colonialism.

Because AFRICA REFUSED TO STOP ITS SLAVE TRADE

Jews and Dutch traded the slave trade triangle>slaves>sugar>rum. Jews owned the ships. Africans captured other Africans, then sold them to the traders who showed up in the Gulf of Benin. This is how so many rich African kings and princes got so rich.

stop shitting up Sup Forums

>PWEAES DON'T BE CYNICAL

interviewed by Charlie Rose 6 years later...

>WHITE PEOPLE ARE A PROBLEM, THERE ARE TOO MANY WHITE MALES WORLDWIDE, I'M SERIOUS

fucking faggot

At least he's not quite as pathetic as Andy turned out to be.

>The only value in your existence is to bring about the existence of something greater to replace you when you finally fall apart
I agree with most of what you say. For me my existence has value if I can bring comfort, aid and companionship to the people around me. It is very pretentious to that that only one thing gives life value.

/po/ is rightful lebensraum

He went to Harvard, his success was guaranteed from a young age. Fuck off.

I think it's funny how mega-successful actors and musicians and athletes always say "if you work really hard, good things will happen." But you never hear some old dude say "I worked really hard, and it didn't work out at all, everything failed anyway." That's because those people aren't on TV.

Yeah he sure shat up the place with the truth, fucking retard. That shit should be on school and church billboards nationwide.

Even funnier that Conan went to Harvard, which almost guarantees you any job that you want, but yeah we're just all cynical rite guise?

>Yeah he sure shat up the place with the truth, fucking retard. That shit should be on school and church billboards nationwide.

Then put it there, stop ruining Sup Forums, you retard.

protip for feeble minds:

Sup Forums =/= school and church billboards

Just work hard, and be born brilliant and talented to a rich supportive family, and you really can do anything!