Thoughts on Greta Van Fleet, the future of rock music?

Thoughts on Greta Van Fleet, the future of rock music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gv1HwxcEQio
youtube.com/watch?v=V0aSDFA0Vk0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pretty good led zeppelin clone

>the past of rock music
ftfy.

srry for the reddit post. It was too easy. Seriously though, what the fuck is even the point of making music if you're going to do exactly the same thing someone already did, without even the pretense of doing something even slightly different? It may as well be a cover band. At least that would feel more honest.

total bullshit. & YT comments from boomers that no longer follow music, thinking this "brings back rock!" confirm it.

>It may as well be a cover band.
Led Zeppelin is a Led Zeppelin cover band.

Boomer comments dominating your social media has to be the saddest thing for you to see as an artist. There is no surer sign that your project is absolutely stillborn. Has there ever been a more dead on arrival band?

We ought to start making "punished" GVF stillborn memes.

Post negro repetitions are over. We Post-Post negro repetitions now.

their front man even does the fucking side to side bobbing that robert plant does when he hears something he likes. Its that precise of a ripoff

Dubs of truth, most of the time there's something really lame about new pop and rock music that most old people can enjoy easily.

It's like they're literally trying to be a continuation of Led Zeppelin.

Revivalism won't bring rock any mainstream appeal back

Unfortunately, that's all rock is these days. It died and now people are just playing with the scraps.

Rock didn't die, it's just not the dominant music form at the moment. All this shit is fucking cyclical. Disco never died, it just went underground and now it's back in popular music.

Still, this is the saddest decade in terms of innovations in rock music. It's like simultaneously the 60s and 80s again with the revivalism, and the new "rock" that they play on mainstream radio is quite honestly closer to pop music.

You know what the problem is, the biggest new thing right now is trap, why isn't there such thing as trap rock? That's what musicians have done before to keep rock alive, just take from a different genre and add rock to it.

Trap slam metal would likely happen 1st

What's slam metal?

everything is in syncopation to a fault

youtube.com/watch?v=gv1HwxcEQio

Yo that shit's actually pretty sick.

A little too on the nose with the Zeppelin similarities but they make good songs I guess.

But here's the thing: If somehow you didn't know Zeppelin's music but enjoyed rock & heard these guys, would they make a big impression? I doubt it, it banks on peoples familiarity with Zeppelin 1st

youtube.com/watch?v=V0aSDFA0Vk0

I'd probably think they were the most mindblowing thing ever.

The fact that they're trying to sound as close to Led Zeppelin as possible means they aren't interested in mainstream success. Hell, they were probably banking on having a huge Baby Boomer fanbase. Money's money.

boomer-rock

Why are faggots non-stop shilling this shit

These.
They're not bad but I might as well just listen to Led Zeppelin instead.

couldnt be aping zeppelin harder, it's just like that oz band that sounded like a carbon copy of ACDC
they got plenty of play where I live then disappeared because, as others have stated, who really fucking cares about revivalism in rock.
might as well pop in actual zeppelin/ACDC

>greta van fleet

Basic capitalism.

Led Zeppelin is one of the most successful acts of all-time.

Led Zeppelin hasn't existed as a touring unit in almost forty years.

There is still a market for Zeppelin-style performance, one that is made up not only of boomers but also people who have come of age in the last forty years, to whom Zeppelin is only the stuff of ancient myth.

desu hate them but find myself singing along to songs like highway tune