I CANNOT GIVE THAT ORDER!!!

>I CANNOT GIVE THAT ORDER!!!

Why not? He got his whole team killed for nothing. Fucking idiot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CrFUjbB6FPg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, he knew that either his team was fucked on Alcatraz, or they had been fucked in San Francisco by being chemically nuked

It's called honor m8

this desu, they were in a fucking prison. if they surendered they would have just been kept in cells.

except what's his name was never gonna actually use the bombs because he knew the government would cave to his demands, if he used the missiles he would've died to because they were in contamination radius

My team members lives > honor

And besides the opposing team had the high ground. It was a no win scenario. Not like Harris was going to do anything to them anyway if they just surrendered.

That's not how soldiers think though

I feel like whoever wrote the movie just needed a quick way to get the seals out of the movie so it could become a Die Hard type thing with Cage and Connery sneaking around.

>"whoever wrote the movie"

No singular being could write this literal masterpiece. It is antikino.

This scene is pure unadultered SEALKINO. I remember I wanted to join the army for months after seeing this scene as a teenager.

youtube.com/watch?v=CrFUjbB6FPg

MW2 so copied this.

>I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense. I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

>scenes women don't understand

It was actually written by Jonathan Hensleigh, Tarantino, and Aaron Sorkin if you can believe it.

Did you pay attention to the movie? Never once dose the government consider caving in. The plan was either the seals take control of the island or the government uses napalm to try and kill the nerve gas.

For a 90's action movie it's pretty well written. Clear character motivations with a sympathetic villain

The fucking Opening Scene for this movie is beyond kino

This movie gets so much shit on sometimes because "LOL CAGE, LOL BAY"

But god fucking damn it, It's so good

Agreed. Was always a big fan of how the Ed Harris character was written. Probably one of the few actual sympathetic villains I can think of.

Is this a quote from a movie or do American soldiers actually think this? Sounds like a great way to get people killed who could have lived to fight another day.

Anyone know what happened to the hostages in the movie? We never see them again after the half way point.

Maybe you should spend some time in the military instead of acting like a faggot virgin on a Taiwanese haberdashery chat room.

>~130,000 US POWs during WW2

Are you implying they should have just fought to the death whatever the situation?

>I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life.
>our way of life

wtf is an american way of life? you are a mongrelised chilli pot of all kinds of shit.

This is one of the best scenes ever filmed in any action film, ever.

Absolute honorkino.

>the high ground

This meme again...

see get off my board cunts

Are you suggesting the high ground isn't effective in real life?

Nice coherent argument you have there, bro.

Give me a good reason why a soldier should choose pointless death over surrender when defeated.

real soldiers crave death

Fuck that's over the top. Makes me almost want to put my right hand over my heart.

Because it furthers the plot for the 50something year old weenie who wrote this pile of shit.

The Rock is every bit as good as Terminator 2.

It's 10/10

The Rock is pure kino

The whole thing was supposed to be QTE

I can't prove it but it seems like maybe the hostages were originally supposed to die in the missile explosion and maybe it didn't test well so they changed it last minute. Notice the only indication that they're alive is an off screen line by the fighter pilot saying the missile missed and hit the back of the island instead. There definitely should have been a shots of them being freed and taken off the island since the whole movie is about them being ransomed.

The way I took it is that he was trying to call his bluff but the jumpy soldiers started the gunfight.

wouldn't those planes have fired their missiles before even seeing the ground?

the action in this movie sucked donkey cock anyway, michael bay couldn't direct for shit

>Ed Harris
>Sean Connery
>Nic Cage before he became a meme
>David Morse
>Micheal Biehn
>Tony Todd
>William Forsythe
>John C McGinley
>the hispanic guy that was in Under Siege

Name a more Kino action movie cast

If the SEALs had surrendered they would have just been napalmed anyway.

Quick reminder that this, Con Air and Face Off was the kino trilogy of the mid 90's

Leaving Las Vegas

Con Air has it beat.

You've got...

>Nic Cage
>John Malkovich
>Ving Rhames
>Steve Buscemi
>Danny Trejo
>Colm Meaney
>John Cusack
>Nick Chunlind
>Dave Chappelle
>hispanic bitch that was in Total Recall

It's close though.

>tfw dirty foreigner
>tfw I will never join the SEALS

no

>Marines are the bad guys
When will this meme end?

you can get SEAL training as a foreigner

The only bad guys in this movie are the Mercenaries who wanted money

lol yes they did kiddo its not up for debate

No way. A lot of the action is super choppy and incoherent actually. Not as bad as the shit Bay turns out now but still nowhere near T2 levels.

MURRICA FUCK YEAH BALD EAGLZ11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, wtf?
i am not sure wether to laugh or sgh at this dumb 'patriotic' sillyness

Their choice was to die sooner or later.

They chose sooner because they could've potentially survived a firefight.

or throw up a little in my mouth

*stupid action movie 'heroes' crave death
ftfy

No they couldn't. Harris and his men were in an elevated position. They should have surrendered and then tried to take them on later. The deadline wasn't until the next day anyway.

Lol they even copied the jets and green flares

this.
their duty was to live to fight another day.
break the enemy's moral from the cell. try and escape. wait for an opportunity. their death were pointless, with the sole purpose of carrying an 'emotional' action sequence with loud music.
all of my rage.
all of my hate.
utter shit.
yes, i am mad.

I remember on the criterion dvd they had the technical advisor on the commentary and he went on and on about how this scene was inaccurate because real Seals would have created a distraction first to make sure Harris' men were elsewhere before attempting to grain entry like this.