Merzbow

Does he have any album worth digging into?

I sure want something else than one hour of boring wall pulse demon noise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HPJBdnLt3vg
youtube.com/watch?v=eiuVMYohM58
youtube.com/watch?v=1shyStQoUT8
hydrahead.bandcamp.com/album/sun-baked-snow-cave
othervoicesrecords.bandcamp.com/album/escape-mask-vox-29-cd
automationrecords.bandcamp.com/album/aodron
youtu.be/XvI2Zmvr_Vw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This

And this

This too, another collab between him and Boris. Also try Lop Lop, which is a solo record. Really nice textures.

venerology is pulse demon except not looped garbage

Not a Merzbow expert but I'd recommend 1930

Sha Mo 3000 is worth checking out, there is some pretty interesting sampling. It was in a sharethread not too long ago

youtu.be/HPJBdnLt3vg

youtube.com/watch?v=eiuVMYohM58

One of Merz best tracks

his collab with full of hell is pretty great if grindcore is you're thing.

This one is great. It have some beats so it's more easy to listen.

Also, his collaboration with Alec Empire is great. It's a live album with drums.

Tauromachine was the first Merz album that clicked for me. Very bassy. Merzbuddha is similar and even heavier.
His collabs are fun too, see

Merzbuddha is great. I truly think that is music made for meditation.

Agreed. On the flipside, I really like Flare Gun as a pure noise album. Short, focused and cathartic.

youtube.com/watch?v=1shyStQoUT8 i find this one really captivating. a lot of awesome sample work.

>Another Boris collab, a long, more ambient track.
hydrahead.bandcamp.com/album/sun-baked-snow-cave

>Good, more drone oriented album from the 80s (not digital like most of his later stuff)
othervoicesrecords.bandcamp.com/album/escape-mask-vox-29-cd

>One of the actually good laptop albums
automationrecords.bandcamp.com/album/aodron

I'll check it right now

I've heard the Boris collab but not the other two. Good shit.

What do you think about Merzbow or noise in general?
I think that we process information only if it have some kind of shape: a word, a geometric figure, etc., and with noise music we can put our brains to rest. There is nothing to process, there is nothing to be think. It's like it turns your brain off.

I get what you mean. Personally, noise is a visceral experience but that doesn't mean there's nothing to process. Some noise artists like Aube or Kevin Drumm are definitely more cerebral and require, or rather, reward more active listening. And even the more chaotic noise releases tend to have some sort of "concept" binding it together to impress a vibe or even a narrative on the listener. I definitely love music that hits me on a primal level but the noise I like does aim a bit higher than caveman-like banging and screaming, if that makes sense.

youtu.be/XvI2Zmvr_Vw

came here to recommend this. also hybrid noisebloom